George Stephens 1750 North Carolina

George Stephens 1750 North Carolina

Michele (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 2005 11:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stephens
I am traceing my Stephens line.
Any information on
George STEPHENS was born 1750 in North Carolina, and died 23 AUG 1824 in Georgia.

June UNKNOWN died 27 MAY 1826.

Children of June UNKNOWN and George STEPHENS are: Stephen B. STEPHENS was born 30 AUG 1773 in Jones or Craven Co., NC, and died 27 MAY 1852 in Houston District, Heard Co., Georgia.
He married Mary BARROW 1796 in Georgia. She was born 6 FEB 1775 in Georgia, and died 22 DEC in Houston District, Heard Co., Georgia.
Solomon S. STEPHENS was born 1775 in N.C., and died 14 FEB 1854 in Randolph County, Alabama.
He married Sarah BARROW 1808 in Putnam County, Georgia. She was born 1789 in N.C..

Any information on this line please email me at: cama1209@msn.com

Thanks,
Michele Stephens - Alder

Re: George Stephens 1750 North Carolina

Jay Dorsey (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 2005 6:49PM GMT
Surnames: Stephens, Barron
There are so many Stephens it is hard to decifer which is which. My great great great great great grandfather is a George Stephens, who purportedly was born in England in 1740, and moved to Georgia. First in Hancock County, then Jasper County. He had two sons that I know of - James and Solomon. James was my quad great grandfather. His brother Solomon (c. 1775) married Sarah (Sally) Barron in Putnam County Dec. 29, 1808 (Georgia marriages on line). She was the granddaughter of William Barron according to my great grandmother. Solomon and Sally lived in Upson County, GA, then moved around 1845, possibly to Randolph or Russell Counties in Alabama. My great grandmother, who grew up in Upson County, left records stating that they had a son, Edmund Barron Stephens and grandchild Doras Lee, living in Texas in the early 1900s. I have seen on One World Tree a Solomon Stephens in Heard County, but can find no evidence they are same person, although a Stephen Stephens was a part of both lines. I am scheduled to search the Jasper County Courthouse for the will of my George Stephens , which may shed some light. Have you made progress on your search? They may all be related.

Posted: 14 Aug 2011 6:58PM GMT
Hi Michele,
Solomon Stephens was in Twiggs Co GA 1818 admin the estate of David Dunn Sr dec'd (along with Joseph Hickey). David Dunn Jr was another neighbor (my ancestor). Findings indicate them to be from Craven Co NC or that area. They were related to a Benjamin Dunn (rev war grant Twiggs 1820) and a Jesse Dunn and probably others nearby in Twiggs.

Any clue of a Stephens/Dunn connection?

Thanks
Gary

Posted: 15 Aug 2011 9:18PM GMT
My understanding is the Solomon Stephens (1776-1854), son of George (1740/1750-1824) and Jane (1755-1826), lived in the following GA counties - Hancock, across and up the Oconee River from Twiggs), then Upson, and ended up in Randolph Co, AL. His parents and brother James (1777-1824)lived in Jasper where George and son James (my ancestor) died. James's widow and sons migrated to Upson. One brother Stephens Stephens 1773-1852) went to Heard. Another brother William (1793-)comes to Upson. The widow and daughters move on the Russell Co, AL. Her sons Jesse and William (1810-1901) remain in Upson.

This same Solomon easily could have been in Twiggs in 1818 or it could have been a different Solomon. I'm unsure.

Jay Dorsey

Re: George Stephens 1750 North Carolina/GEORGIA

Posted: 29 Sep 2011 2:25AM GMT
I AM POSTING THIS ON GEORGE STEPHENS BORN 1750-DIED 1824.
GEORGE STEPHENS IS MY GREAT,GREAT, GREAT,GREAT GRANDFATHER.

GEORGE MARRIED ELIZABETH JANE DANNELL.CHEROKEE CO. ALABAMA
THEY HAD JAMES STEPHENS WHO MARRIED MARY WHO HAD WILLIAM W. STEPHENS, WHO MARRIED SARAH B E HARBOUR--THEY HAD WILLIAM T STEPHENS WHO MARRIED MARY JANE SWINNEY WHO HAD JAMES H STEPHENS WHO MARRIED NAN NANCIE CAROLINE STINSON, WHO HAD MY FATHER JULE S STEPHENS WHO MARRIED AGNES LOUISE MARTIN, WHO HAD KENNETH L STEPHENS...(ME) TRION, GEORGIA 30753 I REALLY HOPE THIS HELPS YOU.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions