Search for content in message boards

Tombstone inscription difficulties

Tombstone inscription difficulties

Posted: 29 Jun 2010 10:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Can anyone decipher the inscription on this old tombstone? It belongs to my gr-great uncle Daniel Sullivan who died around 1896. I would appreciate anyone giving it an attempt.

Re: Tombstone inscription difficulties

Posted: 29 Jun 2010 10:26PM GMT
Sorry....I forgot to add the photos!
Attachments:

Posted: 13 Jul 2010 5:56PM GMT
It is going to be difficult... Do you have access to the marker? You might try to do a rubbing with a large paper and pencil or dark chalk. That might bring out some of the letters.

Posted: 14 Jul 2010 12:51AM GMT
try cleaning with a soft brush and spring water in a spry bottle and your inscription should come up clearer

Posted: 14 Jul 2010 3:16PM GMT
Thanks for the suggestion but I live over 800 miles away. Maybe one day I'll be able to get there.
Nancy

Posted: 19 Jul 2010 3:52AM GMT
tried to clean up digitally, without much success.
Attachments:

Posted: 21 Aug 2010 5:39AM GMT
it is leaning against another marker that could be a replacement for the old one, you could have some at the cemetery verify that.

Posted: 30 Aug 2010 4:57AM GMT
WHERE IS THIS CEMETERY?

Posted: 30 Aug 2010 12:59PM GMT
It is Holy Cross Cemetery in Flatbush, Brooklyn, NY. The plot information is: St. Peter's section; Range O; Plot 82. It is Daniel Sullivan and he died in 1896. Appreciate your inquiry and hope you can help. I live in Indiana and won't be able to get there myself.

Posted: 30 Aug 2010 1:06PM GMT
If anyone is able to get to Holy Cross Cemetery in Flatbush, Brooklyn, I wonder if they could check out the tombstone BEHIND the one I have a picture of...maybe it's connected in some way to my tombstone. THe old tombstone in the picture belongs to Daniel Sullivan, death in 1896...the plot info is: St. Peter's Section, Range O, Plot 82. Someone suggested that the stone appears to be leaning against another behind it...maybe there is a connection? Appreciate any help with this.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions