Search for content in message boards

Blazek/Hejvoua - Need help with Town Kovarov

Blazek/Hejvoua - Need help with Town Kovarov

Posted: 8 Mar 2002 4:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 May 2003 3:37PM GMT
Surnames: Blazek - Hejvoua
My g-grandmother Antonia Blazek Hejva Blahnik born 1861 immigrated in 1880. I have her original Baptismal Certificate and I had it translated. I find that names get translated differently from Czech. Her name on the certificate is Antonie Blaikova. Her parents were Jana Blaika (sp) and Anna Kazimour. She was born in Kovarove... Milevskeho. This translates to Kovoarov...The Milevsky district. I have not been able to locate this town. Also, on her marriage record from Milwaukee, WI she is listed as a widow and her last name is Hejvoua or Hejva. If anynoe knows where this town may be or have information about the Hejvoua name I would greatly appreciate it.

Re: Blazek/Hejvoua - Need help with Town Kovarov

kailbach (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2002 1:15PM GMT
maybe:
Ková^rov, (germ. Kowar^ow), distr Mühlhausen (c^:Milevsko,
(MB) - middle bohemia
Regards from Austria
48° 36' N ; 14° 58' E
kailbach@surfeu.at

Posted: 11 Mar 2002 12:55AM GMT
Edited: 3 May 2003 3:37PM GMT
I get so confused because it appears that regions can also be names of towns. Is it broken down from district to region to sub-region to town? Also I read somewhere that the Milevsko district merged into the Pisek district. Is the district you mentioned only in Middle Bohemia? Because if it merged with Pisek there must have been another one of the same name in South Bohemia.

Thank you for your response.

kailbach (View posts)
Posted: 26 Mar 2002 6:35PM GMT
maybe:
Ková^rov, (germ. Kowar^ow), distr Mühlhausen (c^:Milevsko,
Milevsko,town in the district with the same name; 1930 : 2911 inh.

(Jurisdiction) Mühlhausen (c^:Milevsko , 1930: 23530 inh.

Pol. distr Mühlhausen (c^:Milevsko, 37694 inh.; with Jurisdictions Mühlhausen and Bechin
(MB) - middle bohemia

Pisek: Name of political distr, jurisdidiction and town in South Bohemia

Classification 1930 (Ortslexikon Pfohl)

Regards from Austria
48° 36' N ; 14° 58' E
kailbach@surfeu.at

Roman Stodulka (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2002 8:31AM GMT
Surnames: Blazek/Hejva
Mary,
My name is Roman Stodulka. I am from Czech Republic. My occupation is Historian. If you want know any informations about yours ancestors, I can help you. You are looking for g-grandmother Antonie Blažkova b. 1861, daughter of Jan Blažek a Anna Kazimourova. She was born in Kovarov (village near small town Milevsko). I can send map of this area. Name of her husband (on marriage record from Milwaukee) is Hejva. She was Antonie Hejvova. If you want more information, send me e-mail, my address is : tambur@centrum.cz
Thank you Roman
P.S. What do you mean greatly appreciate?

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 12:06AM GMT
Surnames: Blazek/ Hejvova
I am trying to find If Antonia Blazek had any siblings. Since I have a copy of the Baptisimal certificate from the local Catholic Church in Kovarov. I thought I could write there. Does any one know if the records are kept there. I believe the local church is the Church of All Saints.

Can anyone help me with an address to the Church? Here, I would write to the local diocese, but I am not sure how to go about finding records in the Czech Republic.

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 4:51AM GMT
Records are kept in archive not at churches. You can find the records online here http://digi.ceskearchivy.cz/DA?lang=en&menu=0&doctre...

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 9:48PM GMT
Thank you so very much!!!!

I already found Antonie Blazek and a mistake from the translation of the Baptisim Certificate that I have for her.
I think that Anna Kazimour was Jan Blazek's mother not his
wife. His wife was Franciska Wolsnick.

I will definetly be pouring over this site for a long time.

Thanks again.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic