Search for content in message boards

notes on passenger lists-what do they mean?

notes on passenger lists-what do they mean?

Posted: 10 Feb 2012 9:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
on a recent passenger list i discovered my ancestos on, there were some numbers written in near their names, such as 5-70124 8/5/36. what do these mean? would appreciate some insight into this.

Re: notes on passenger lists-what do they mean?

Posted: 11 Feb 2012 9:45AM GMT
Could you please attache an example of your question?
Thanx

Posted: 11 Feb 2012 2:03PM GMT

Posted: 11 Feb 2012 8:13PM GMT
hey, thanks. that helped a bit. so the number i found is the certificate of arrival number. then can i request from NARA the naturalization papers related to that number if that's all I have, along with their name? Or do I need more info?

Posted: 3 Mar 2012 9:16PM GMT
The Certificate of arrival number is of little use as an item to request Naturalization Papers. You need to request by name (and any aka) and the year.

Robert Jerin

Posted: 9 Mar 2012 3:22AM GMT
Re: Aliens for Special Inquiry, what does 1 pc mean and 250 cert? Thank you.

Posted: 9 Mar 2012 4:43AM GMT
The first is actually lpc, likely to be a public charge. For the second, 250 is probably being misread. Can you list the immigrant, the date and the ship so that the response will be more than mere conjecture.

Posted: 9 Mar 2012 2:10PM GMT
Surnames: Paja
Thanks -the name is: Juliana Paja, Arrived: Sept. 25, 1911
Ship: Prinz Friedrich Willhelm -I assumed she was traveling with a child approx. 18 mos. old but from the ship manifest I can't tell. I was informed that lpc meant 1 person w/child, and that would have made sense to me. I'm not so sure now. Juliana did get deported but I thought it was because of the sick child. Juliana returns to the US in June 1913 -Ship: Rhein, through the port of Baltimore with a child who is definately listed. You have been very helpful and I thank you!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions