Search for content in message boards

LANGFIELD, Alvin Rex, died August 9, 1987 - obituary needed

LANGFIELD, Alvin Rex, died August 9, 1987 - obituary needed

Posted: 16 Mar 2009 12:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,

I'm in need of an obituary for Mr. Langfield. He actually died in Boise at the Veteran's Home, but lived in Orofino.

On the copy please include the newspaper's name, the issue date, and the section and/or page # of where the article(s) appeared. A scanned image sent Email is OK.

I am willing to pay a reasonable fee for assistance.

Thanks,
Jeff Elmer
Portland, OR.

Re: LANGFIELD, Alvin Rex, died August 9, 1987 - obituary needed

Posted: 24 Jun 2009 3:53PM GMT
Hi Jeff,
Have you contacted the Clearwater Tribune, www.clearwatertribune.com/ ?

If they don't provide an obituary service, contact the Idaho Genealogical Society, 208-384-0542. Successful Searching!

Posted: 24 Jun 2009 8:27PM GMT
Based on your other posts, massive amounts of obits wanted; and, your website: http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~westklic/
it appears you are a paid genealogist? Will you be getting payment for finding this obit?

Posted: 24 Jun 2009 8:43PM GMT
Oh, just realized who you were up in Klickitat. This guy posts obits found and does a wonderful job in research. Apparently this is not being charged. I have a lot of respect for the work you do. Sorry about the misunderstanding.
Ron

Posted: 25 Jun 2009 11:16AM GMT
Classification: Military
Surnames: LANGFIELD
Not what you asked for but may help

WWII ARMY ENLISTMENT

Name: Alvin R Langfield
Birth Year: 1923
Race: White, citizen (White)
Nativity State or Country: Oregon
State of Residence: Washington
County or City: Klickitat
Enlistment Date: 19 Nov 1942
Enlistment State: Oregon
Enlistment City: Portland
Branch: Signal Corps
Branch Code: Signal Corps
Grade: Private
Grade Code: Private
Term of Enlistment: Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law
Component: Army of the United States - includes the following: Voluntary enlistments effective December 8, 1941 and thereafter; One year enlistments of National Guardsman whose State enlistment expires while in the Federal Service; Officers appointed in the Army of
Source: Civil Life
Education: 4 years of high school
Civil Occupation: Professional occupations, n.e.c.
Marital Status: Single, without dependents
Height: 68
Weight: 124

Posted: 1 Jul 2009 2:14AM GMT
Hi,

Thanks for finding what you did. True, not his obituary, but interesting none the less. I will pass this along to his son.

Jeff

Posted: 1 Jul 2009 2:26AM GMT
HI,

Thanks for the replies. The ID State Historical Society just supplied his obituary.

The obituary is part of a high school reunion project I've been working on since last October. We've already compiled a list of graduates, their former classmates, and all of the teachers and other staff members of my hometown's school - Trout Lake, WA. For this year's reunion (which is held every 3 years) we are creating a Memorial Book to help better remember those listed above who have passed away. We are hoping to include a photograph of these people with their obituaries. We've also collected several dozen class photographs and have been busy identifying the students.

Thanks again for your help,
Jeff Elmer
Portland, OR.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions