Search for content in message boards

DARLING, HILL in St. Clair County after 1850,

DARLING, HILL in St. Clair County after 1850,

Deanna Hill-Staley (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DARLING, MUDGE, HILL, KEFGEN, LASHBROOK, MORAN, LUBY, HAND, WANCH-WONCH, LAWLER, DONOHUE
Looking for descendants of above surnames for comparison of notes and colaberation of efforts. These people were in the St. Clair area from 1850 on. Most were farmers, nobody of great wealth except perhaps on the MUDGE line--who were doctors. Would love to find some more new cousins.

Luby name

Kathleen Luby Harrison (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Luby
I am a Luby and my grandparents were Frank & Margaret Luby and my parents were Thomas & Margaret Luby from Zanesville, Ohio and they were farmers, am looking for any info.

Thanks Kathleen

Mudge surname

Posted: 28 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2002 10:19PM GMT
Surnames: Mudge, Wonch
I will help where I can. My mother is a Mudge with 4 living siblings. Her father was Alfred Guy son of Franklin, son of Isaac (who married Abigail Wonch),son of Able, son of Elijah, Son of Micah, son of Ebenezer, son of Micah Son of Jarvis(born in 1625 in Strout, Kent, England) Whose wife Rebecca in a later marriage was hung for wichcraft.

Darling line

Russell E. Darling (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Darling
I am a descendant of Hyram (Hiram) Darling or Jacob Darling, who came from England to Canada and thence to Michigan, settling eventually around Three Rivers, Mi. in St. Joseph County, and also Cass County. I believe they initially settled around Kent County. Would be interested in any information you would be willing to share and I will share all I have. Thanks.

LUBY surname

Robert E. Luby (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: LUBY
My great grandfather, Michael Looby, came to this country from Roscommon just before 1850. He settled in Roxbury, MA.
One of his sons (John), my grandfather, was born in 1867 - born a "Looby" and died a "Luby." Although Luby/Looby/Louby/etc is spelled about 14 different ways, I've never been able to locate any of Michael Looby's brothers or sisters. I think, based on considerable reasearch, that he did have a brother (Thomas) who joined the 2nd Irish Brigade along with Michael in 1862. Thomas was killed in the 2nd Battle of Bull Run. Michael survived the war but just barely - he was shot twice and was also a prisoner twice. He got out of the Army (Federal) about four months after Lincoln was killed and lived to his 70's. I have many of his original records including his diary of the time he spent in Libby Prison (short period of time - he was enlisted) and then latter in South Carolina. I also have several letters, his discharge and a few other original papers. I also have numerous Army records which are quite interesting.

Most of Michael relatives have settled in the New England area.

Robert E. Luby

luby

janet o;hagan (View posts)
Posted: 19 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: christopher luby, denis luby
hello my mother ann was a luby and knows a lot about my grandfathers ancestors if you think this is the same family?
we live in dublin ireland
Posted: 24 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Mar 2005 1:43AM GMT
Surnames: Riley, O'Brien, Sullivan, Luby
Hi, Morris Luby, b. about 1830 in Ireland, married Honora Riley (my ancestor), b. 1836, County Cork. married in Springfield, MA, 1860. Also, John Luby witnessed my g-g-grandfather William O'Brien's naturalization record in Springfield, MA in 1845. Any connections?

ancestors

William Koepfgen (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: koepfgen, kefgen, donohue
I am a descendant of Frederick Wilhelm Koepfgen, who came to St Clair county around 1840. I'm looking for info on ancestors and have some that I'm willing to share. The name Darling is shown in an old Bible given to me by my aunt.

Moran Surname

Posted: 5 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Aug 2001 5:50PM GMT
Surnames: Todd, Moran, Mulholland
I am looking for Morans in Burtchville and Grant Twps. St Clair Cnty. mid 1850's - 1880's. Curious who your Morans are. Thanks, Mavis

Hill of Algonac, MI

Linda Eastman (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: HILL, PARKER
Seeking ancestors or siblings of Edward W. HILL, farmer, who married Faney (Fannie) Edith PARKER of Algonac, MI in the late 19th c. I don't know if they had children.

She was the daughter of Frederick and Ann (WELLS) PARKER of Algonac, MI. They had come from Boston, England in March 1852. There is a biographical sketch of him and his family posted under ST. Clair Co,MI bios on the rootsweb site.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions