Search for content in message boards

Noble family Talbot MD to Jones, Dobbs, Lenoir NC

Noble family Talbot MD to Jones, Dobbs, Lenoir NC

Posted: 18 Jan 2012 12:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Noble, Downs
Can anyone provide info on any Noble who left Talbot Co. MD and migrated to Craven, Lenoir (Dobbs), and Jones NC by the mid 1700's?

Looking for decendents of Robert Noble d. 1733 Talbot MD had children: Philemon, George, Robert, Nehemiah and Frances who married Henry Downs.

Looking to fill in gaps 1720 MD -1795 NC

Any help appreciated.

Re: Noble family Talbot MD to Jones, Dobbs, Lenoir NC

Posted: 21 Jan 2012 6:25PM GMT
Surnames: Mundine
There's Samuel NOBLE, of Carteret County who died 1776, page 276 Abstract of NC Wills [1690-1760], by Grimes. Sons: Mark, William, & Samuel. Samuel Sr. leaves land to sons in present day area of Maysville, Jones County. White Oak River, Black swamp & Mire branch. Daughters: Mary Magdelin BARRY, Bettie, Rachel& Nancy NOBLE. Nephew James HOUSTON. Mary Madeline married [my ancester] Kittrell MUNDINE after her husband James BARRY died. There's an earlier NOBLE in this book. William NOBLE died Bath county records, June court 1724. [WM could be a brother to your Robert, but Robert is not Grandfather to the children mentioned above]. Williams sons: SAMUEL, William, Joseph [land on White Oak River],& James. Daughter Hannah ROBERTS & wife Elizabeth. Widow Elizabeth remarries WEBSTER & names sons above & daughters Hannah ROBERTS & Rachel HOUSTON in her will in 1754 Carteret.

Posted: 21 Jan 2012 11:23PM GMT
Thanks, very curious about the Mark Noble. Will check it out because there is a Mark Noble in the line I study in the late 1800's.

Posted: 5 Apr 2012 3:53AM GMT
Surnames: NOBLE KINSEY CHAPPEL TAYLOR
I am doing research on Coleman Noble (born in VA around 1755 ??) and William Noble who paid taxes in 1784 for land in the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia. Coleman Noble had the following children, Joshua (1779-1824), James (1785-1833), John, and Leda. His children all moved over the mountains around 1800 to settle in and around Clermont County, Ohio. Coleman Noble remained in Virginia and later married again to a Sarah Chappel(1768-29 June 1847)in Surry County, North Carolina, on 24 December 1803. They had two sons Amos Kinsey Noble and Durant Noble. I have a letter written by Durant Noble, on the 24th of October 1852, to his Uncle Richard Noble, SR., Esqr. living at Sandy Foundation, Lenouir County, North Carolina. In this letter he updates his uncle on his activities in Montgomery, Alabama, with relatives there and also visiting his brother, Amos, in Monroe County, Georgia.

I am trying to put this thread together, Any help will be appreciated. John A. Noble, eaglesix30606@yahoo.com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions