Search for content in message boards

Lynn Drain/Sherry Drain

Lynn Drain/Sherry Drain

Posted: 4 Aug 2007 8:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DRAIN
While going through our mother's estate, my sister and I found a Holy Bible that is embossed with the name "Lynn Drain". Inside there is a certificate from the Seventh Day Adventist VBS that was presented to "Shelley Drain".

We have NO idea who either of these women are, or how to get this Bible back where it belongs. If you can put me in touch with either woman, or one of their family, I'd be more than happy to send the Bible to them!
Charlee

Re: Lynn Drain/Sherry Drain

Posted: 5 Aug 2007 11:20AM GMT
What state are you located in?

Posted: 5 Aug 2007 2:20PM GMT
My mother lived in California, but she may have gotten the Bible in Colorado or Arizona where she lived prior to moving back to San Diego county.

I can be emailed directly at feisty4real at yahoo.com

Posted: 18 Nov 2007 7:27AM GMT
Surnames: Drain
HI,

My Dads name was Lynn Drain who died in a car accident in 1968 somewhere near Rice Lake, WI.

My name is Lynn Drain Jr. and I do have a sister names Sherry who I last saw in 1998. I do not know many of my relatives due to joining the Army in 1986.
This is what I do know.
I was born in WI. in 1968 and was adopted in Delta County, Colorado,1977. I have 12 brothers and sisters: Tracy,Sherry,Daphnie,Billy Joe,Brien James,Daniel,Danna,Jessie,Starla,Laylanie,Darrell,and Jason.
I noticed that you are from Oregon. I believe it was possibly a Ford Bronco I saw in the Mountains during an Elk Hunting trip I took near South Fork, Colo. The plates were from Oregon and had the name DRAIN on them. It would have been mid to late 90s. Do you know theses people?

Please let me know if any of these people sound familiar?

Have a Great Day!

Lynn E. Drain Jr.

Posted: 18 Nov 2007 3:22PM GMT
Hi Lynn.
I am from Oregon, but I brought the Bible here when my mother died, she lived in San Diego, and I'm not sure where she got it.
Contact me offlist at feisty4real@yahoo.com and we can discuss getting this Bible to you if you'd like to have it. I feel sure now, that this is your Dad's Bible, since we lived for several years in Delta County, Colorado! :) I do not know the Drain family at all.

Charlee

Posted: 18 Nov 2007 3:23PM GMT
Hi Lynn.
I am from Oregon, but I brought the Bible here when my mother died, she lived in San Diego, and I'm not sure where she got it.
Contact me offlist at feisty4real@yahoo.com and we can discuss getting this Bible to you if you'd like to have it. I feel sure now, that this is your Dad's Bible, since we lived for several years in Delta County, Colorado! :) I do not know the Drain family at all.

Charlee

Posted: 18 Nov 2007 7:47PM GMT
I should probably explain...my parents lived in Delta County for several years, and often attended auctions. I'm willing to bet that my mother got this Bible in a box at one of the auctions there.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you Lynn, and am excited about getting this Bible home with you where I believe it belongs!

Posted: 1 Apr 2008 2:14PM GMT
As of April 1, 2008, I have still not heard again from the gentleman above, Lynn Drain.
I still have this Bible, and still want it to go home, where ever that might be. If you have a connection to either of the people mentioned in the original post, please get in touch with me!

Posted: 13 Mar 2012 3:24PM GMT
Could you give me some info on the Bible. It could have belonged to my mother. She lost all of her belongings when she put them into storage in Delta, CO. Late 70's or so. Lynn Drain was her first husband and Sherry Drain was Lynn's first born daughter. Thanks

Posted: 13 Mar 2012 3:42PM GMT
That is most likely where the Bible came from. My parents used to attend auctions a lot in Delta County.
I no longer have the Bible. I gave them (there were two, the other one was older, had different names) away when I got no responses here.
Neither Bible had any real genealogy information in it. The one you're asking about had "Lynn Drain" embossed on the front, and a Vacation Bible School certificate for Sherry tucked inside.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic