Search for content in message boards

Seavers from Ireland

Seavers from Ireland

Posted: 15 May 2013 10:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
My great grandfather, Edward R. Seaver, was born in Ireland in about 1830. He emigrated to New Brunswick, Canada probably in the 1850's where he was married, maybe to a Bridget Haligan this name is uncertain. The family moved to Massachusetts. A U.S. immigration record seems to indicate that he became anaturalized citizen Oct. 12, 1868. I am eager to trace the family back in its history in Ireland.
LaRoy Seaver, Estes Park, CO

Re: Seavers from Ireland

Posted: 12 Jun 2013 1:19AM GMT
Surnames: Seaver, Foxall
do you think the Seaver family of your line had an association with Marmaduke Whitchurch?? I am trying to establish a link back to M. Whitchurch with my family (Foxall) and I an trying to link up Charles Seaver(son of Eleanor Seaver(Whitchurch)) m. Mary Powell to our family. I have found a bit of info on the Seavers but only that which is readily available on the net . regards, Powell Foxall Australia

Posted: 12 Jun 2013 8:22PM GMT
I have not gotten very far back into my Seaver line but nothing I have found would seem to relate to the lines you are investigating. All I know is that my great grandfather im- migrated from Ireland.

Posted: 10 Feb 2014 10:33AM GMT
Surnames: SEAVER WHITCHURCH
My family come from Armagh , Heath Hall, I know of was the family home, and, yes, there is some association with Marmaduke Whitchurch though exactly what I'm not sure. I'm sure it was important to the family as I, unfortunately, have inherited it as a family name , Nigel Gordon Whitchurch Seaver) . There is also a book "The history of the Seaver Family" by George Seaver which is out of print (to put it mildly) but you may be able to borrow one, which details the family trees of the seavers of heath hall.

My Grandfather was brigadier Charles Douglas Kingsley SEAVER RAMC who had three sons LLoyd "Pat" and Gordon who was my father, Dr Richard Gordon Seaver born Peshawar 1920.
He had four sons Richard P K , Michael, myself and Jonathan (d).

Posted: 10 Feb 2014 11:18PM GMT
Hello Nigel. Are you aware of anyone in your family who has traced the family connections back to Marmaduke Whitchurch?? My Grandfather was Powell Cheveral Whitchurch Foxall, which is the catylist for me pursuing a connection to Marmadukes family. The family property was at Meigh, near Newry, and now known as Bell's Castle.
Where are you located?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions