Search for content in message boards

Advanced / smart search by multiple names

Advanced / smart search by multiple names

Posted: 18 Feb 2012 4:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Feb 2012 4:19PM GMT
Are there any advanced or "smart" search engines out there that enable search for multiple names? I've identified several possible "Bauer" relations who immigrated from Germany to Ohio, with common names (Jacob, John/Johannes, Charles), for which I'd like to search for immigration records where they appear together. I can search passenger lists, etc., for separate names, but triangulating is quite time consuming. I'd like to search for records that have Jacob and John together or in close proximity - that would be a huge time saver. Any search tools like that out there?

Re: Advanced / smart search by multiple names

Posted: 18 Feb 2012 5:01PM GMT
Edited: 18 Feb 2012 5:02PM GMT
Almost any web browser will do that. For Google, see http://support.google.com/websearch/bin/answer.py?hl=en&...

If you are asking about searching on a particular site, you'll need to say what site that is. Not all sites have the same search capabilities.

Re: Advanced / smart search by multiple names

Posted: 19 Feb 2012 2:07PM GMT
I would be glad to know of any sites with such capability, including sites with a fee - thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions