Search for content in message boards

rose surname

rose surname

Posted: 15 Dec 2003 9:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Nov 2005 8:33PM GMT
Surnames: Rose/Sawyer/Adams
Rose surname of Ohio, Meigs county,Richland county
Marshall Rose(1905-1979+Edith Sawyer(1908-1986)
Looking for Marshall parents, mother died Meigs county tornado abt 1919, father abt 1938.
Rose/Sawyer/Adams

Re: rose surname

Gary Rose (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 2006 5:08PM GMT
Edited: 24 Nov 2006 1:47PM GMT
Surnames: Rose, Sawyer
My grandfather, John Charles Rose, was born in Meigs Co. Ohio in the 1880's. His first wife was a Sawyer. She died giving birth to their 3rd child. His father was Thomas Rose. Just thought he might have common relatives with these Roses. If anyone knows of my grandfather or great-grandfather in their line I would like to hear from you.

Judy (View posts)
Posted: 24 Nov 2006 2:58PM GMT
Surnames: Rose
I have a Thomas Rose in my family tree that has a son John Rose. My Thomas Rose was born and died in Kentucky. Where the son, John Rose was born I don't know. Could this be the same Thomas and John Rose? It would fit the time frame you are refering to. The Thomas Rose I have father is Silas Rose.

Judy

Gary (View posts)
Posted: 24 Nov 2006 3:08PM GMT

Thanks for your reply but I don't believe my Rose family were ever in Kentucky. They were in Ohio, West Virginia, Kansas, and Texas that I know.

Judy (View posts)
Posted: 24 Nov 2006 3:12PM GMT
Surnames: ROSE
Your welcome. Sorry I couldn't help you or you help me. Judy

carol (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2006 11:14PM GMT
Edited: 28 Nov 2006 2:00PM GMT
Surnames: Rose, Sawyer
I have Roses from Meigs county Ohio, and have been to the annual reunion there.
My Sawyers go back to Thomas Sawyer in Lancashire England 1616, My Roses back to John R Rose and to the surname Roosa in Netherlands.
Meigs County Ohio- Cyrenius Rose 1814-1898, John R Rose 1838-1911
Carol

Posted: 28 Nov 2006 10:54AM GMT
Edited: 28 Nov 2006 2:00PM GMT
Surnames: Rose, Cox
I believe the Cyrenius you speak of is the younger brother to my Great-Great-Great-grandfather Elisha Rose born 3-15-1812 in Ulster NY. His father John R Rose (Roosa) born 1-15-1792 in Ulster Co, NY brought his wife Jane Anne "Annie" Cox to Greene Co, Pa, where the rest of there children were born. I have 10 Children for John R & Annie Cox. Cyrenius born 1814/1815 is one of them. There father John R Rose (Roosa) went on to Meigs Co, OH. I do not know who all of his children went with him but my GGGgrandfather Elisha stayed here in Greene Co, PA.

Jamie

Gary (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2006 1:31PM GMT
Edited: 28 Nov 2006 2:01PM GMT
Surnames: Rose, Shrives, Gibbeaut
Carol,

I don't know if we are related but my Great-Great Grandfather is John R. Rose. Here is the information I have about him:
B: 12 May 1785
W: ,PA
M: 29 August 1833 to Susana Shrives
W: (1) WV, (2) Ohio
D: July 1850
W: Meigs Co. Ohio.

Their son, my Great-Graqndfather, was Thomas Marion Rose. Here is what I know about him:
B: 2 Dec 1849
W: Meigs Co. Ohio
M: 8 Dec 1868 - Sarah Jane Gibbeaut
W: Mason Co. West Virginia
D: 11 July 1919
W: Wichita, KS Srdgewick Co.
If you feel we are related I would like to share information. You can contact me at rose_sinclair_family@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Gary

Gary (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2006 2:02PM GMT
Edited: 29 Nov 2006 1:08PM GMT
Surnames: Rose
Jamie,

Any information you can provide me on John R. Rose, his wife and children would be appreciated. If you know his childrens names do you know if he had a son named Thomas Marion Rose? You can contactg me at rose_sinclair_family@yahoo.com.

Gary

Posted: 28 Nov 2006 9:11PM GMT
Edited: 29 Nov 2006 1:09PM GMT
Surnames: Rose, Sinclair, Hughes
Gary,
I am curious as well as desperate and grasping at straws. Could you tell me how your Sinclair and Rose families link? Sinclair was supposed to have been one of my ggrandfathers 7 names. I found what I believe to be my ggrandfather and ggrandmothers marriage. It reads, J. R Rose & Myrtle Hughes married 12 November 1902 in pemiscot county Missouri. I am waiting to receive the document from Missouri. Anything you can share would be greatly appreciated. Deb dbella@amfam.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic