Search for content in message boards

Surname search

Surname search

Posted: 31 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Feb 2005 12:56AM GMT
Surnames: Kroha, Heidenreich
Great grandparents. Only data says from Oesterreich. Appreciate any leads.

Re: Surname search

Posted: 15 Mar 2004 1:38AM GMT
Surnames: Kroha
My Dad was Lawrence Kroha, his father John Joseph Kroha also from Milwaukee. His father was a butcher in Milwaukee and his grandmother mother was Margaret Hagner. I have her holy card which lists her life span as 1856-1940, My brother and family visited a small city in the Chech Republic which is supposed to be the home of the Krohas. We were always told that they were gamekeepers for the Austro Hungarian Royal family. and that they came to America to avoid conscription under Bismark.

I am just getting into this geneolgy search and find it fascinating. In doins do I am amazed at the number of Kroha's in the US

Re: Surname search

Posted: 23 Mar 2004 6:34AM GMT
If they worked for the Austro-Hungarian royals, they did not have to fear conscription by Bismarck.

On the other hand, the draft was mandatory since the mid 1850s, therefore there was no escape from it for able-bodied young men in Austro-Hungary either.

Kroha Re: Surname search

Posted: 2 Feb 2005 3:47PM GMT
I am working on trying to confirm information on the Kroha
families that moved to the Detroit areain the early 1900s from
Milwaukee WI. The two brothers were John J. Kroha (his wife was Elizabeth) and Ferdinand L. Kroha (his wife was Catherine). Each brother had a son named Lawrence.

Thanks for any help

Re: Kroha Re: Surname search

Posted: 30 May 2005 1:59AM GMT
i have also been trying to research the Kroha family history. My father's name is John George and his father was John Frank both from Milwaukee. Any relation? Please contact
marocksfour@hotmail.com

Re: Kroha Re: Surname search

Carolyn Kroha Harley (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2005 3:44AM GMT
Happy to hear from you.
My father was Lawrence Joseph Kroha, born in Milwaukee in 1902. His father was John Joseph Kroha, also born in Milwaukee, They relocated to Detroit in the 1920's.

You have also been in contact with Paul Dogbronski who has done extensive Kroha research. He has sent me his findings. My brother, John Kroha, is currently traveling in Czechoslovakia and thinks he will find the family home.

Where do you live? I am in Danville, CA as is my brother, Bob.
Let's correspond.

Re: Kroha -> in Milwaukee's German Newspapers Index

Posted: 6 Apr 2012 3:06PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jan 2013 2:57AM GMT
There are about 40 Kroha entries listed in the collection: "Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items", covering 1844-1950. There are entries for a Joseph Kroha in 1908, 1915, 1940. There's also a wedding anniversary event noted in the German papers for a Mr. & Mrs. Joseph Kroha in 1910.

Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007... helping to access our historic German-American culture.

AW: Re: Surname search

Posted: 26 Aug 2012 6:30AM GMT
Hallo, mal bitte hier rein schauen....

http://www.myheritage.de/research?formId=master&formMode...
es grüßt helmrosa

Posted: 2 Apr 2013 7:40PM GMT
Hi I found some papers from my mother's side
with info about the family. I just have names and dates(born/died) It starts with my Grandma Kroha who was born to John and Margaret Hegner Dec, 7 1856
her family: John J. Kroha, Anthony, Ferdinand L. Elizabeth (Schwinn) Msgr,Joseph F, Rudolph Karl, Catherine(rainer) and Rose (rainer)
My Grandfather was Lawrence Kroha M.D died in 1984 in Detroit. If anyone has info they would like to share I would appriciate it. Thanks!

Posted: 22 Jul 2014 9:27PM GMT
My grandmother (Rose Kroha) was the youngest of the Kroha children / Joseph & Hegner.
My Uncle Thomas Rainer still has quite a bit of infor on the family in this country.

One brother moved to Tacoma (railroad), another to Detroit, another to Jacksonville.

He also has a large family picture hanging in his house. Oddly enough my father, John Rainer looked very much like his grandfather.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions