Search for content in message boards

Hanson's

Posted: 28 Feb 2009 12:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hanson, Christianson, Yuker, Watson
I am looking for any Hanson's in Brown county. The parents were Andrew and Martha (Christianson) Hanson. There were four children that all lived in this area. There was Carl, Christian, Amelia, and Eada (or Edith). Amelia married Fred Yuker and Edith marrried Jacob Watson. Does anyone know anything about there people?

Re: Hanson's

Posted: 1 Mar 2009 6:18PM GMT
I'm not sure, but this (Martha) may be my great grandfathers (Niels or Nels Christensen (Christianson) sister. According to his obituary in 1918, he is survived by a sister, Mrs. Andrew Hanson. (They didn't give a first name for her), but I beleive it was either Maren or Martha. I found most of these people in Brown County 1920 census (Yuker's, Watson's, Carl Hanson and Andrew Hanson (shown as widowed). My great grandfather lived in Stratford, Brown County SD from about 1882 to his death in 1918.

Posted: 2 Mar 2009 1:41AM GMT
Surnames: Hanson, Christensen
Yes, this is the right Hanson. What can you tell me about the Christensen's. I have been having a little luck with them in the past few days. Are you aware of any of Nels siblings. I think I have found them as far back as 1855 in Denmark and would like to have someone to help me verify it. I would love to hear back from you. You can e-mail me at powers5@marktwain.net.

Posted: 2 Mar 2009 3:38AM GMT
I believe Andrew & Martha were in St Croix Co, WI(just east of St Paul, MN) in the 1880 census with their first 3 children. Does this ring a bell with either of you?
Goodfeller

Posted: 2 Mar 2009 4:00AM GMT
It sure does. Their son, Carl, was my great grandfather. He was born in 1880 just after the census would have been taken. Do you know much about either Andrew or Martha's family. I have had some luck but I am still trying to fill in the gaps.

Posted: 3 Mar 2009 1:20AM GMT
I can not find them on a 1880 census anywhere. I checked the St Croix County WI census....nothing. Are they indexed under a different spelling of their name? I found them in the 1900 census in Pierce County WI along with the two daughters. Andrew was in Brown County SD in the 1920 census shown as being widowed and living with one of his children.

Posted: 3 Mar 2009 1:35AM GMT
They are in St. Croix, Wisconsin in 1880. Apparently you can barely read the name Andrew bacause there is just a --- Hanson followed by Martha, Christian, Nels, and Amelia. I don't have access to the images but the source information says it is on page 303D. Do you know anything about Andrew or Martha's parents?

Posted: 3 Mar 2009 2:14AM GMT
I found them in the WI 1880 census, I can see what you mean as unlegible name for Andrew. I don't know a thing on Martha's parents, not even their names at this point. I don't know of any other siblings for Martha and Nels. What info do you have on Martha? You can reach me at : flowermama7@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic