Search for content in message boards

Capps from Virginia

Capps from Virginia

Heather Appelhof (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2000 2:06PM GMT
My great grandmother is Lois Capps, she was born April 23, 1913. She has a complete family history on her ancestors. The first one from our family to come to America, was before the Mayflower, I believe it was in 1616, sailing from England (William Capps). Williamsburg, VA is named after him. If you have anything we can colaborate on, email me PrincessHeather@as-if.com thankyou

Capps in VA

Kathryn Capps (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2000 8:12PM GMT
I am a Capps researcher, too, and am trying to connect my ancestor (John Capps, who lived in SC about 1735) to the Capps in NC or VA. If you have any information I would appreciate hearing from you.

I don't want to seem presumptuous but I believe that Williamsburg, VA (sometimes called Colonial Williamsburg) was named for King William III. Perhaps you were making reference to a different Williamsburg and then you should just ignore my comment.

Kathryn Capps

Capps in VA

Princess Heather (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2000 10:39AM GMT
Kathryn Capps-
All I have on a John Capps is he was born about 1730 in VA, and died about 1785 in VA. He had one child as far as I know.
Affier Capps birth: about 1756
death: 20 March 1823
I couldn't trace anything after that. Affier apparently had no children, but I'm not sure, I just couldn't find any. My great grandmother could know, but she lives in California, and doesn't have email.

Capps

Terri Ireland (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 2000 9:21AM GMT
My grandfather was Thomas Byron Capps Born in the coastal area of VA- died in 1939 and is buried in San Francisco. He was married to Ada Blanche Chafin and had 3 daughters, 2 of which still live in VA. I have some info but would like to see more of the Capps' in VA

John Luthor Capps

Alan Wayne Capps (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 2000 6:41PM GMT
My Grandfather Lived in VA, Danville and Richmond I believe. Born around 1900 died around 1958 in Charlotte, NC.

joseph wayne capps

misty capps (View posts)
Posted: 16 Sep 2000 4:52PM GMT
i would like to find out more about my family. my fathers name is joseph wayne capps,and i know my grandmothers name is betty hall now.she remarried my grandfather bill hall many years ago. i would like to have more information about my fathers side of the family.

CAPPS FAMILY FROM ENGLAND TO VA

Dawn Capps Wooten (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 2000 7:01AM GMT
I too am researching William CAPPS from England. He came to VA as part of and expedition. He was an emissary to the King of England and was on the first House of Burgess in VA, also know as the House of Representives. He and his decendents settled in the Princess Anne, VA area and surrounding counties, some went to North Carolina. I have a huge chart on him and his desendents and also copies of some letter he wrote on his journeys back and forth to England. I will be more than happy to chat with and share my information with anyone for wants it.

Capps Family

Mary Goodin (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 2000 6:29PM GMT
Do you have any information on Sampson Capps born 1760 NC married Ester Smith from Chatham NC? Thands Mary

John of Virginia

Posted: 10 Dec 2000 11:39PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2001 11:24PM GMT
John Capps, born 1730, Virgina, and married to Margaret somebody, had a daughter, Affier who married James Whitehead in 1790. Their child was Johnson Whitehead, born 1811, Virginia. Johnson married Charity R. Capps in 1840. Their son, John Early Whitehead married Sarah Frances Whitehurst, who also had Capps blood in her. Sarah Frances Whitehurst was the daughter of Erasmus Capps Whitehurst and Sarah Frances Craft. As you probably know, they were the cousin marrying kind. If you need more, I've got it.
Ora

William Capps Family

Posted: 14 Dec 2000 6:31AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2001 10:47AM GMT
Do you have information that could go all the way to a William M. Capps that was born in 1838 died in 1921 lived in and around Mt. Vernon, Il, is buried in Mt. Vernon, Il. He first married a Clarissa Cochran, later married a Mona Thorne, between the two wives they had 13 children, one of which was my grandfather Arta Capps. I havnt't been able to confirm who William M. Capps father was.
Any help you could give would be appreciate,
thank you.
Christine
per page

Find a board about a specific topic