Search for content in message boards

Gueder, Paeschke & Frey Company

Gueder, Paeschke & Frey Company

Posted: 14 Aug 2006 9:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Does someone have information on what this company did back in 1936? They were located at 324 N. 15th in Milwaukee.
Thanks!

Re: Gueder, Paeschke & Frey Company

Eileen (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2006 11:53AM GMT
Geuder, Paeschke & Frey, is a now-defunct tinware manufacturer. It appears that they made everything from milkcans to lunch boxes. They were located in the Menomonee Valley industrial area in Milwaukee.

Posted: 13 May 2010 9:19AM GMT
Surnames: Geuder, Paeske, Frey
This factory was started by my ancestors. By 1936, my family wasn't directly involved in the factory anymore, but they started by producing tinware. In an article in the Milwaukee Sentinel from 1981 it was reported that they were producing cabinetry for computer terminals and convection ovens. The name of the factory was changed to GPF at some point. I also have an article from the Milwaukee Journal from 1954 that says they had 900 employees at three plants and they were producing galvanized ware, tin plate dairy utensils, steel shipping containers, all-metal ironing tables, metal washing machine tubs, tractor oil pans, and ammunition boxes for the army. I hope this helps.

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 4:03PM GMT
That's great information. I own my late granmother's ironing board made by this company. I was researching to find out how old it was. I was hoping it was her original board. She was married in 1920s. An ironing board from that era probably would have been wood. It appears this was made closer to mid 20th century. It's a workhorse. Still sturdy after 50-60 years.
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic