Search for content in message boards

Minnie Patterson

Minnie Patterson

Posted: 22 Aug 2002 8:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Penfield, Patterson, Gerkin, Bullwinkle, Tripp, Minot, Weld
I was hoping to find some information about Minnie Patterson. Her father's name was George, mother's name unknown. I believe George came from Ohio, though Minnie is supposed to have been born in Memphis, TN in about 1863 (according to a Penfield genealogy I've read). She married a man named Raymond Cassanove Penfield, and had three children: Harold, Preston, and Julia. (Raymond's sister married Frank Sieberling of Goodyear.) Minnie outlived her husband and all three children, dying ca. 1944. Her son Harold, DOD: 1943, was my great- grandfather. Any info on exact place/year of birth, mother's name, etc. would be appreciated. After an unkown early residience in Ohio, she and her husband lived most of their time on Riverside Drive in New York City, and are buried in New York. BTW: There is a family rumor that there is a connection between Minnie and Elisabeth (sp?) Patterson of Baltimore (Yes, the one that married Jerome Bonaparte). Any truth?

Re: Minnie Patterson

Stephen Tripp (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2002 4:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
A couple of minor corrections to my earlier post.
1) Minnie's son Preston was actually named James Preston Penfield.
2) Minnie's mom, if I heard my grandfather correctly last night, was named Julia Heefe.
3) Minnie was born in Memphis, TN and married Raymond Cassanove Penfield in St. Louis in 1885.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions