Search for content in message boards

Kearney-Fox Family

Kearney-Fox Family

Posted: 15 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Jul 2001 6:43PM GMT
Surnames: Kearney, Fox
I would appreciate any information on the Kearney-Fox family who lived in Franklin County, NC in the mid-eighteen hundreds. My great grandparents were Kinchen Wade Kearney and Helen A Fox (married 7-2-1849). I am particulary interested in Nancy White's family(mother of Kinchen Wade Kearney) and Jacob Fox's family (father of Helen A Fox).My grandfather was Edgar Neverson Kearney, born 5-31-1864, Franklin Co., NC, the youngest child, and in some reports listed as "Willie". I am also trying to link Thomas Kearney (1695-1764) to Barnabus Kearney II (1690-1737), Barnabus Kearney was Kinchen Wade Kearney's great-grandfather. Helen Fox's mother was Mary Jane Pitts, and I have a lot of information about her family, but can't fit the Fox line into any information on line. ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED, AND I WILL BE GLAD TO SHARE WHAT I HAVE!!!! THANKS A MILLION!!

Re: Kearney-Fox Family

Posted: 30 Oct 2001 2:19PM GMT
Edited: 9 Aug 2002 10:28PM GMT
Surnames: kearney, blackley, cooke,winston
i am also interested in nancy white (mother of kinchen kearney). would appreciate any info.

Posted: 30 Oct 2001 2:45PM GMT
Thanks for your reply. I have the following on Nancy White:
Father: Richard White, Jr., born 1730, died before 17 July 1775, Warren Co. NC
Mother: Elizabeth ??? Hudson or Self ???, born 1732 , VA, died 1825, Franklin Co., NC
Paternal Grandfather: Richard White, Sr. born before 1710, Crossville Co., NC, died 1757, Franklin Co., NC
Paternal Great-grandfather: ??? Joseph White ???
How do you fit into this Kearney family? I am a great grandson of Kinchen Wade Kearney, through his youngest son, Edgar Neverson Kearney, who was not quite 2 years old when his father, who was sheriff of Franklin Co., NC, was killed trying to break up a duel.

Posted: 30 Oct 2001 6:51PM GMT
Edited: 9 Aug 2002 10:28PM GMT
wow !! what a rapid response.....i do appreciate it !

how /where did you find info about nancy's family?

my great-grandmother was lucy a.e. kearney married to shemuel blackley.
lucy's father was crawford kearney, jr. (mank)....his father was crawford kearney, sr, his father was shem kearney.

don't know if you live in NC or not...i was reared there, but now live in florida. i make frequent trips to NC....my father grew up in franklin co., NC. crawford, jr's house is still standing....and so is his grandfather's.
i do have quite a bit of kearney info (nothing on your FOX family). i would be glad to share what i have, but don't have your home or email address.......would like to know specifically what info you need/want.
sandy

Posted: 20 Oct 2005 4:01AM GMT
Surnames: bradford, kearney
Hi, Do you have any info on Mary Kearney who married David Bradford? I am of the Bradford line and I know that Mary and David's son Crawford was named after Mary's brother Crafford or Crawford? I also know that Mary's sister Eve married David's uncle Thomas Jr, also known as Drunken Thomas. Any info would be appreciated. thanks

Posted: 27 Oct 2005 2:46AM GMT
Surnames: KEARNEY, WHEELER
Hello,
I was wondering if you have information on Sadie Ella Wheeler (1897-1929) who married Samuel Crawford Kearney (1882-1958) who was my grandfather.

Dr Russell Kearney (View posts)
Posted: 28 Oct 2005 4:17PM GMT
Sorry, no information on a Samuel Crawford Kearney!!

Posted: 5 Dec 2009 12:36PM GMT
Surnames: WINSTON KIMBROUGH
My interest is in WINSTON family.

*2. Drayton WINSTON b 26 Nov 1810 Franklin, NC d 19 Jun 1884 New Butler, Bates Co. MO md 14 May 1833 Franklin Co. Mary Ann COOKE b 30 Oct 1813 NC d 20 Jul 1890 New Butler MO. d/o Howell COOKE & Leah KEARNEY, (1850 MO #264 LaF Co.) [Is this Ann “Winbish” COOK or Ann “Winston” COOK corre: eehroots@nc.rr.com (Eleanor Howell)

RDVSR@AOL.COM

Posted: 7 May 2012 3:34PM GMT
Surnames: Kearney, Wheeler
Sadie Ella Wheeler is my great great grandmother. I am also searching for more information about her. I do know her Daughther (my great grandmother) who is still living. Her name is Mary Nell Kearney, and was born August 8, 1927. I have more information about descendants if you are interested. Please let me know if you have found any other info about Sadie.

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 5:16AM GMT
Hi, My name is Brenda L. Travis and I live in Canada. I had my DNA taken 2 months ago. I'm not sure where we might link but my mothers maiden name was Shadd. My father was from the state of Georgia. His name was Edmonds
Surnames for my mother are Shadd, Thomas, Davis
Surnames for my father are Edmonds, Baker, Hester

If this helps your search, please let me know. We are African, German, Native American
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions