Search for content in message boards

Hooper family of Louisa County, Va.

Hooper family of Louisa County, Va.

Danny Stewart (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2000 7:50AM GMT
Looking for info on George W Hooper and his wife Louisa Jones.

Re: Hooper family of Louisa County, Va.

Posted: 22 Sep 2010 6:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am also looking for George. I have not been able to find out who his parents were.

Posted: 22 Sep 2010 7:58PM GMT
Surnames: Hooper
I cannot tell you the father of George, but his mother was Mrs. Mary (or Polly) Hooper. George had siblings named:

Edward (apparently died long before the 1880s, never married)
Thomas (born abt. 1789, died before 1865),
Mary (also known as Polly, born about 1800, never married, died in the 1880s),
John (alive in 1830, left VA), Henry (alive in 1830, left VA), and
Isaac Newton Hooper (b. abt 1805, left VA in 1820s, married 2x in TN, d. Sumner Co., TN between 1850 and 1856).

The above information was derived from census records; tax, school, marriage and probate records in TN; a Hanover County, VA will recorded in Missouri for a different family; and a very informative Chancery Cause in Hanover County, VA

An abstract of the will I mentioned above is available at
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~momarion/willbook.htm
and another copy at
http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/bowles/1999-10...

The Hanover County Chancery Cause of James Hooper v Perkins is available at the Library of Virginia website. Pay particular attention to the genealogical data available at images 42-43. The following is a part of my own abstract, for information provided by a nephew of George W Hooper:
"Testimony by William M Hooper, age 62 and resident of Richmond, regarding heirs at law of Mary Hooper and of Edward Hooper. Land [72 acres at Blackhaw, in Ashland district] was property of my grandmother Polly Hooper and my uncle Edward Hooper, each owning half. Polly died many years ago and Edward after she did, leaving no issue, never married."

Posted: 28 Nov 2010 7:23PM GMT
Do not know why I did receive the above notifications when you both posted a response. Feel free to email dannystewart@epell.net Would luv to share what info I have on the George and Madeline Hooper family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions