Search for content in message boards

wyecombe united church

wyecombe united church

Posted: 5 May 2010 11:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
interested in finding info on wyecombe united church in wyecombe norfolk county canada i know there is a wyecombe cemetery and a wyecombe united church does the church have its own cemetery? interested if this church is still standing and if so, where would the church records be and who may be in charge lee5831@att.net

Re: wyecombe united church

Posted: 7 May 2010 2:21PM GMT
there is a great deal of info if you "google"

Posted: 7 May 2010 4:18PM GMT
what should i put ellinspain? what words to bring it up? wyecombe united church cemetery? most things that come up are regarding wycombe and high wycombe in the UK I will certainly try dear this is keeping me up at night think i will have to visit the LDS family library grrrr he has to be at least on parish records somewhere this is really really hard lol found the burial listed on islandnet.com i have contacted the random acts of genealogy people and have requested a photo of this particular grave to see if the dates match and if his wife mary (which preceeded him in death) is there i did however find him in parish records in Rostherne Cheshire England where he and mary lived at the time (1827-abt 1840) before they moved to canada i have all the christening dates of his children match to a t not sure if he was actually born in cheshire or not trying to hopefully find birthplace in england in his records and would love to put flowers on his grave...............also found robinson family farm in clifford / burlington Michigan been in touch via internet with new found cousin of mine his gr grandparents owned the farm until they died and it was sold heard hearsay of part of it being lost in apoker game via my gr uncle "shelly" sheldon robinson who died in Marlette MI in 1980 i would love to try to buy that farm one day sentimental reasons would have robinson descendants live on it for free i am really into this

Posted: 7 May 2010 5:08PM GMT
input "wyecombe norfolk county, ontario"

Sounds like a lovely idea - keep saving!!!

Regards

Ell

Posted: 9 May 2010 10:49PM GMT
a little bird told me that the church (and cemetery) are privately owned now.....trying to find ouyt by who...a single family resident or a business.....been told the church is residential now....wonder what they would do with the cemetery.....would love a way to write or talk to them but i have no idea what the address was at any given time....if i knew an access to a phone directory to there i would simply call around and ask the inhibitants of the town of wyecombe today......about 50 people live in area lol

Posted: 10 May 2010 7:23AM GMT
Classification: Cemetery

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 10:25AM GMT
This thread was posted some time ago, and I just happened to stumble upon it. I live in Wyecombe, ON and am on the board for the United Church Cemetery in Wyecombe. Are you looking for a particular grave site? Have you already found what you were looking for?

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 1:42PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: Ellison, Holtby, Spencer
I too stumbled upon this post. Am looking for Ellison family members buried at Wyecombe United Church cemetery.

My research shows
Joseph B Ellison, his wife Mary (nee Holtby),
their son Charles B Ellison & his wife Mary Ann (nee Spencer)
Plus possibly other children are there.

Would love to possibly get photos or inscriptions
Thanks
Susan MacAlpine (nee Ellison)

Posted: 13 Jul 2013 1:39PM GMT
Dear Susan, I have been trying to send you pictures of your family's headstones in Wyecombe Cemetery, but am having some difficulty. Please send me your email to kim@darlingtonwp.com, and I'll forward the pictures to you directly.

Best regards,

Kim

Posted: 17 Nov 2013 6:43PM GMT
Looking for information on Joseph B. Ellison (1817-1899) m. Mary Holtby Jones in 1852. J & M are my maternal gggrandparents. Have some info about Mary's family but absolutely nothing for Joseph. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

Ann
per page

Find a board about a specific topic