Search for content in message boards

Possible Hunter Pics

Possible Hunter Pics

Posted: 15 Jul 2004 1:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for descendants of John Hunter(1786 Pa-1855 Ia), wife Sarah Yocum(1799 Pa-1877Ia), Robert Parker(1828 Pa-bef 1880), wife Margaret Hunter(1830 Pa-1913 Ok). I have an album of pictures from this family, unfortunately, few names to go with them. I am happy to share in exchange for identification.

Bret Regis

Re: Possible Hunter Pics

Posted: 28 Feb 2006 3:31PM GMT
Hi Bret, we have talked before but I don't seem to remember you asking about the Hunter's & Yocum's before. I am from the Yocum family, Sarah d/o Enoch & Isabelle [Robeson] Yocum and John Hunter s/o Joseph Hunter & Jane Unknown. Can you tell me the names you have on some of those pictures you have in the album?

Thanks,
Cheryl Myers nee LaNier
Ohio

Posted: 10 Mar 2006 2:18PM GMT
Hello Cheryl, sorry I am so slow in getting back to you. The photo's I have are for the most part unlabeled, but they were in a group that are the children of Margaret Hunter, d/o Sarah Yocum, and possibly even Sarah herself. I would guess that most of them are from the 1870's at least, and a couple are daguerrotypes (I think I spelled that wrong) . Unfortunately, there are no names to go with the pictures. I was just trying a shot in the dark with this, but if you think you can help me, I would be most grateful

Thanks,
Bret

Cheryl Myers (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2006 2:36PM GMT
Unfortuneatly I don't have any pictures of any of the Yocum family. I would love to see any that you have scanned in. Also you might try putting them on Ancient Faces. I don't have the url for it but it might help if someone has any of this family. Sarah Yocum Hunter died in 1877 so if there are any pictures of a older lady in them it just might be her.

Posted: 12 Mar 2006 12:06AM GMT
Hi Cheryl,
I will dig them out, and try to get them scanned and sent to you somehow. One or two are daguerrotypes, which are metal, and I am not too sure how they will scan. Thanks for the tip about Ancient Faces, I will check it out also.

Bret

Cheryl Myers (View posts)
Posted: 12 Mar 2006 8:51AM GMT
I have sent you a e-mail with the subject Pictures of the Yocum/Parker's
AOL likes to put this kind of e-mail into your spam file so If you don't see it look there.

Cheryl

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 2:16AM GMT
Surnames: Hunter
Bret
I am David Hunter. Margaret Hunter Is my great-great grandfather Enoch Hunter's sister (I actually have a photo of both of them together taken in 1861). I've been searching for pics of other family members, but to no avail. Margaret and her husband Robert Parker had several children, possibly five, but only two of which I know of reached adulthood, both girls (Osa and Ida May). Margaret and Robert either divorced or he died as she remarried in 1869 to a William Jamison. I'd like to help put names to the photos if I can.

Regards,
David Hunter

Posted: 15 Feb 2013 1:20PM GMT
Hello David,

I am Ida Mays great grandson. If only you had contacted me sooner ! I still have the pictures, but no way at the moment to send them to you, since my scanner died. I will dig them out, I haven't done much genealogy in the last few years, and everything is put away. Perhaps I will be able to purchase a new scanner later, if so, I will send them to you.

Bret

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 1:21AM GMT
Thanks for your reply Bret. I know the thread is quite a few years old at this point. I am writing a book mainly focusing on Enoch Hunter's exploits in the cavalry during the Civil War. He is my great-great grandfather and Ida May's uncle (Ida May's mother, Margaret being his sister). I understand they were quite close and even attended church services together. Photographs of the family in the 1800's are scarce (I only have one) and including them would be a nice touch. I understand your predicament and will not press you further. Perhaps at some date in the future.

Yours truly,
David

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 12:18PM GMT
I will try to get them heading your way. I have to set aside the money to buy a new scanner, or get the old one online.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic