Search for content in message boards

Porter Family in Ohio

Porter Family in Ohio

Posted: 12 Sep 2004 1:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Sep 2005 8:01PM GMT
Looking for anyone that may have information on the Porter family, that lived in Ohio, more so in the Pleasant Township, Hancock County,and in Delaware County, Ohio. I have information on Jonah and his wife Margaret Reed, and on there children Hugh Reed, Andrew Jackson, Margaret, Esther, Mary Jane Isabelle, John, William James, and Nancy Ann. If you can help or if I can help you let me know. E-mail direct at cmck@everestkc.net or though the message board.
Thanks in advance.
Chuck

Re: Porter Family in Ohio

carolyn porter (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 2004 7:21PM GMT
There is a magazine called Porter Settelments that is put out 4 times a year. The subscription price is $12 a year and it is written by Nancy Childress. I believe she is a descendent of Margaret Reed and Jonah Porter. You can obtain one copy for $1 if you want to see what it is like. I can give you the address information.

Posted: 13 Sep 2004 7:25PM GMT
To receive a Sample copy of Porter Settlements send $1 to
Nancy L. Childress Services
3709 W. Gardenia
Phoenix, Arizona 85051

Posted: 13 Sep 2004 10:04PM GMT
Edited: 24 Sep 2005 8:01PM GMT
Thanks for the fast responces. I hope that helps out a lot, I have pictures of the Porters and maybe she can shine some light there to. Thanks again and if I can be of any help to you let me know.

Thanks
Chuck

Posted: 14 Sep 2004 5:19AM GMT
Edited: 26 Sep 2006 5:24AM GMT
Carolyn,
could you please send the info regarding porter settlements? I am looking for Porter's in Cuyhoga Co., Stark, and Lucas. Thank you.
My email:
Watrmdn@aol.com

mary porter (View posts)
Posted: 16 Sep 2004 10:22PM GMT
Surnames: porter
my grandfather name is james m. porter and my dad name is russell j.porter sr. and my name is mary c. porter and i was born in toledo ohio

Posted: 17 Sep 2004 7:42PM GMT
do you have birth date for your grandfather james m. porter?

Posted: 9 Jan 2005 3:44PM GMT
would you please send me information on the family porter mag. tell me how to get it. my address is lindaluebelt@cs.com thank you linda b

Carolyn Porter (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2005 11:50PM GMT
The address is:
Porter Settlements
Nancy L Childress Services
16805 W. Dove Valley Road
Surprise, AZ 85287-6039
This is a magazine comprised of Porter family information sent in by subscribers. Sometimes when researching your family you come across stuff others can use even if you can't and this magazine is a lot of radom info but sometimes it turns out to be just what I was searching for.
You can send in $1. and she will send you the next edition as a sample so you can see what it is and if it is something you might be interested in. The yearly subscription rate is $12.
Good Luck. Carolyn

Posted: 11 Jan 2005 11:55PM GMT
The address is:
Porter Settlements
Nancy L Childress Services
16805 W. Dove Valley Road
Surprise, AZ 85287-6039
This is a magazine comprised of Porter family information sent in by subscribers. Sometimes when researching your family you come across stuff others can use even if you can't and this magazine is a lot of radom info but sometimes it turns out to be just what I was searching for.
You can send in $1. and she will send you the next edition as a sample so you can see what it is and if it is something you might be interested in. The yearly subscription rate is $12.
Good Luck. Carolyn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic