How to access a DAR application?

How to access a DAR application?

Becky Rice (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 2003 12:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Nov 2003 3:21AM GMT
Surnames: Monroe
Hello -

I have the number of a DAR application that contains info about one of my ancestors. How can I go about getting access to the specific info in that application - or a copy of that application? This pertains to DAR Application #803195, which contains information about William Monroe of Westmoreland Co. VA. Thanks for any advice or assistance.

-Becky Rice

Re: How to access a DAR application?

Posted: 15 Nov 2003 1:45AM GMT
Edited: 14 Nov 2005 4:25PM GMT
Surnames: MONROE
Hello Becky, In regard to your post, all you need to do is to write a request to the Registrar General with the National Number and the info you have included in your post. You will submit this as a request for a copy of this application. Along with it you will need to send a check in the amount of $10.00 which should be made to the Treasurer General. Send all of this to Registrar General, Attn: Records Copy Dept, NSDAR, 1776 D Street NW, Washington, D.C. 20006. Please allow at least 4-6 weeks for delivery. Hope this helps you and that we see you in DAR soon.

Regards,
MA, DAR VIS Volunteer

"This is a free site sponsored by DAR and maintained by DAR volunteers."

Becky Rice (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 2003 2:15AM GMT
Thanks so much for your prompt reply -- this is exactly what I needed! Appreciate the help.
-Becky Rice

Posted: 20 Nov 2003 6:46PM GMT
Edited: 19 Apr 2004 4:46PM GMT
Surnames: Lawless
I have sent an e-mail to the St. Charles Chapter and have heard that they should contact me soon. My question, in the meantime would be: 1. When applying for membership can you get the most recent application that was accepted on your line to look at while filling out your application? 2. If so, how do you go about doing so? I am a direct descendant of Augustine "Austin" Lawless. My mother was a Lawless. I have many hours of genealogical research in this family, however, if I am allowed to utilize a previous document to help with the application process would love to do so. If not, please let me know so that I will know what to expect when filling out the application. Thank you so much for your volunteering to answer what I am sure are very repetitious questions. Hoping to be a DAR soon.

Posted: 20 Nov 2003 9:50PM GMT
Edited: 14 Nov 2005 4:25PM GMT
Burma, Yes, you can use a previous application. Having done this a lot, if you do not have the applicatioon in your possession, I would order a set of papers that went through about midway between the first and last set of papers that have been admitted on that ancestor. My reason for that is that the last one may be a short form application and you need one that filed a long form. To obtain a copy of an application, you will need to prepare a request to the Registrar General, telling her what you want. With this include a check in the amount of $10.00 made to the Treasurer General, NSDAR. Mail both of these to Registrar General, Records Copy Dept., 1776 D Street NW, Wasington, DC 20006. Please allow 9-8 weeks for delivery as they are very busy. Hope to see you in DAR soon and feel free to contact me personally if you need more help with your application

MA, DAR VIS Volunteer

"This is a site sponsored by DAR and maintained by DAR volunteers.".
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions