Search for content in message boards

Cemetery in Standish

Cemetery in Standish

judine (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 2004 7:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
The 1940 death certificate for Vincent Zombek states a burial in St. John the Baptist Cemetery in Standish, Michigan. I am trying to locate this cemetery. Could it be part of another named cemetery? Thank you for your help.

Re: Cemetery in Standish

Theresa Fitzgerald (View posts)
Posted: 19 Nov 2004 10:16PM GMT
You might possibly try the Pine River Cemetery in Standish Township (east of town) and the Resurrection of the Lord Cemetery in Lincoln Township (northeast of town). I don't know of a cemetery that was once called the St. John the Baptist. While I don't live in the county and could certainly be wrong, many of my LaClair and Rashotte ancestors who attended St. John the Baptist Catholic Church were buried in both of those cemeteries following services at the church.
Best wishes for a successful search,
Theresa

judine (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 2004 5:17PM GMT
Dear Theresa,

My apologies for not thanking you sooner for your suggestions. I was so happy to get a response to my post that I first wanted to do the research before replying. So I made a few calls and did find Vincent Zombek at what is now known as Resurrection of the Lord Cemetery! Although I, too, do not live in the area and don't know when a visit there is possible, I feel glad to have found him.
Thanks again.

Posted: 1 Feb 2012 12:43AM GMT
Surnames: Zombek
Was Vincent related to Sophia or Anthony? I have a part of my mom's family in the area at the same that I am running into a dead end on!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions