Search for content in message boards

Digital Photo Amherst Cemetery

Digital Photo Amherst Cemetery

Posted: 21 Jul 2008 1:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kent, Crossman, Swinbourn, Bickerton
Would anyone in the Amherst, N.S. area be willing to take a digital photo of a specific "Kent" gravestone in Amherst Cemetery and email it to me? I have the location & description and a sketch of this stone (provided by the Cumberland County Museum)so I would suspect that it would not be hard to find. I would really appreciate having a photo of it. Also if you could tell me if their appears to be other related "Kent family" graves in the vicinity of this gravestone. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Janice Kent,
Georgetown, Ontario

Re: Digital Photo Amherst Cemetery

Posted: 1 Aug 2008 9:27PM GMT
If you haven't already received a photo, let me know where it is located. Next time I am in Amherst, weather permitting I will stop into the cemetery.

Posted: 2 Aug 2008 4:31AM GMT
Thank you so much for responding to my request and offering to assist me. Another helpful fellow researcher sent me the pictures yesterday, after he was in Amherst Cemetery. I appreciate this willingness...generously offering to take the time to go there, locate the grave, take photos and then download them. All this for a complete stranger. I have been continually amazed with the degree of helpfulness that I see people sharing with others on Rootsweb's Cumberland County Message board. The very fact that you offered to get involved and help me is so appreciated. Thanks again. Janice Kent

Posted: 15 Aug 2008 1:52AM GMT
I just returned from a visit to Amherst and while there I went to the Old Burying Ground Cemetery and took a lot of digital photos, so if you are looking for any others, I would be happy to look through the photos I took and send them to you.

Posted: 15 Aug 2008 2:40AM GMT
That's a very nice offer and I appreciate that. I'm looking for Kent and Crossman ancestors. One particularly is Sarah (Crossman) Kent. I did receive a photo of a marker that had the names of Stutley Kent and his wife Elizabeth, son Stephen Kent and Elizabeth Worden (mother of Elizabeth Kent). Also grandchildren Walter and Ada Anna Fillmore. Do you have any others with the Kent or Crossman name. I know that David and James Kent and families are buried in that cemetery as well. Thank you so much for your offer.
Janice Kent

Posted: 16 Aug 2008 6:59PM GMT
Surnames: BERRY SCOTT
Hello,

I would be interested in any with the names BERRY or SCOTT.
Thank you!

Posted: 19 Aug 2008 1:19PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Hi, Janice: If you (or anyone reading) need any more pics taken, let me know. I live in Amherst and could easily take them. FYI: There are 3 cemeteries in town: the big main one at Church and East Pleasant Streets, the Anglican Cemetery on West Victoria, and the Old Burying Ground (no longer in use) in West Amherst. There are also quite a few smaller ones just outside town.
Linda

Posted: 19 Aug 2008 1:49PM GMT
Surnames: Baxter
Hi Linda -

About 15 years ago I spent the summer in NS going from cemetery to cemetery taking pictures and trying to find information on my Loyalist ancest from Westchester, NY. There is a group of us trying to find anything we can about him. I have lots of records and information on Augustus Baxter, and I found records mentioning his name and his first wife Deborah, from whom I am descended. Do you know of any ways to find records that may now be in the NS archives giving information on his death certificate that would show his parents names and/or the exact place he came from in Westchester, records that were not available at that time? Thank you. Jean Glidden, Dover, DE

Posted: 28 Sep 2008 10:30PM GMT
Surnames: Ripley,Bean,Gourley,Coates,Carter,Chapman
Hello I wonder if you took a picture of Robert Ripley 1734-1797 and Isabeela Bean 1742-1797 gravestone. I understand there is one. This is my husbands 6X grandfather or any pictures of George Carter and wife Jane Coates ,Richard Black and wife Sally Chapman,Gourley children, Martha Gourley nee Fuller, Robert Read and Mary Ripley,Robert Coates and Jane Ripley or James Coates and Amelia Read.I'm not sure they have headstones but names seem to be on the cemetery list. Most of my husband's family came from Cumberland Country NS. We live in BC so would appreciate any pictures you would care to share.
Thank you for offering to send pictures.I hope there is some.

Posted: 29 Sep 2008 2:52AM GMT
Sorry it took me a while to answer ... I didn't see any of those surnames in my photos, however here are the surnames I have: Mills; Clark; Pipes; Black; Fuller; Davidson; Purdy; Coats; Lusby; Baker; Cooke; Freeman; Logan; Embree; Martin; Gay; Cook; Fales; Dickson; Duxbury; Syme; Crane; Logan; Jones; Travis; Steward; Dent; Berry; Franklin; McLaskey; Stubs; Seaman; Virge; Pert; Thompson; White; Bliss; Chisholm; Morse; Doncaster; Stewart; Wessell; Crane; and Sharpe. If any of these sound interesting, please let me know.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions