Search for content in message boards

Lowe Family Carter County 1890-1905

Lowe Family Carter County 1890-1905

Melanie McCoy (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 2006 7:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Nov 2008 6:22AM GMT
Surnames: Lowe
I am searching for any information on the surname Lowe in and around Carter Co., IT, with Chickasaw Nation ties (or not) in the period from about 1890-1905. It is said they owned a hardware/lumber store in Ardmore and possibly some railroad holdings. Any information even remotely close will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Melanie McCoy
buffalowindwoman@yahoo.com

Re: Lowe Family Carter County 1890-1905

Posted: 28 Aug 2006 8:37PM GMT
I see by your last name your related to us.I come of the Love and Potter side we also had hatfield McCoy mcCray, Osborn

Hasten SANDRIDGE Scott Co VA

Posted: 1 Apr 2008 12:33AM GMT
Edited: 25 Nov 2008 1:08PM GMT
Surnames: Sandridge, Potter
I am searching for information on Hasten M. Sandridge who lived in Scott Co., VA in 1860 Census.

I believe he is related (Uncle?)to my great great Grandfather Hasten Potter who was born in Carter Co., TN and died in Barry Co., MO. A letter has turned up that Hasten Potter wrote to his uncle Hasten Sandridge. I need the parents and siblings of Hasten Potter, also info on his marriage to an Indian maiden (Cherokee or Chickasaw) in probably North Carolina.

Posted: 1 Apr 2008 10:24PM GMT
wow,now i know potters and loves were in ardmore and the mccoys are on the potter side,i havent heard of lowes yet

Hasten POTTER m Orpha Jane LOVE

Posted: 24 Nov 2008 11:45PM GMT
Edited: 25 Nov 2008 1:11PM GMT
Surnames: Potter, Love
I am a ggggranddaughter of Hasten Potter. He was married to Orpha Jane Love who was rumored to be Indian, perhaps Cherokee. Some say Hasten was part Indian as well.
Take a look at my family tree and see if it helps you.

Posted: 25 Nov 2008 4:53AM GMT
Edited: 25 Nov 2008 6:25AM GMT
Surnames: Lowe, McCoy,
Osiyo, Kicking Wolf!
regarding your Loves and Pottters in Ardmore: You say your McCoys are on the Potter side.
My McCoys are on the "LOWE" side. My gGrandpa was James Calvin "Bud" Lowe, b.1858 MO. His daughter Mary Ethylene Lowe, b. Carter Co., OK, was my Grandma. She married Hugh McCoy. Their son, Ronald McCoy, M.D., b. 1919, Texas Co., OK, was my dad. They all moved up to the Panhandle in Texas County around Hardesty, Adams, and Guymon, in 1903.
I do think, tho, that we do have an Orpha Lowe somewhere up the line. When was your Orpha Love born?
Are you all Chickasaw or Cherokee? We are Cherokee on my Mom's side, and Cherokee and ? maybe Chickasaw on the McCoy/Lowe side.
Nice to hear from you, Cousin.
Melanie Wild Horse McCoy

Re: Hasten POTTER m Orpha Jane LOVE

Posted: 27 Nov 2008 6:43AM GMT
Edited: 28 Nov 2008 9:26AM GMT
Surnames: POTTER, LOVE
Yes, indeed your family tree gives me new information on the parents of Hastin (Thomas Hastin?) POTTER who is my great great great grandfather (Hastin - James Thomas - John Hastin - Capitola Potter - me.

I am very interested to know the source or documentation of James Potter and Susan Hasting being Hastin's parents. Would you share your knowledge with me? I have been searching for many, many years for Hastin's parents and siblings and any other information. I have much to share on both the Potter & Love families as well as a few pictures. Yes, I too think both Potters and Loves have Indian blood. I grew up in Barry County, MO and have pictures of the grave sites of Hastin POTTER as well as pictures of the house he built and homesteaded. Betty Potter EUBANKS still lives there near Jenkins, MO. Please keep in touch with me.

Posted: 3 Dec 2008 12:40AM GMT
yes his paretns were thomas potter and hanna unknown,he had a uncle hastin sandridge i=or sandidge in scott county va hes on the 1820 census.we think hanna was a sandidge and the letter we have from hasten revealed he had a set of twins that died you and a daughter noone knew about untill 6 months ago,this explains the baby marker in the potter cemeteray in Flat Creek,MO.

Posted: 4 Dec 2008 7:37PM GMT
i stand corrercted it was susan b and james arehastins parents,we think susan is a sandidge.she would almost have to be for hastin to be hastins uncle ,although in scott county more potters are theres too.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions