Search for content in message boards

LAMB

LAMB

Mrs. S. Harder (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lamb, Lamm, Hassell, Mann, Dillon
Looking for information on Theaious Lamb, listed age 19 in household of Daniel Swain on 1880 Washington County census with ?mother Hester Lamb age 40 and ?sister Piny Lamb age 22. I believe his name is actually Thaddeus Lamb, and he is my ggrandfather and I have been unable to trace his lineage. He appears in the 1870 Tyrrell County census as Thadeous Lamb at age 10 in the household of Elizabeth Sutton, but his mother is not listed in that one, nor his sister. He married Hester Ann Hassell, and I believe they had at least three children: Arminta, Richard, and Milton. There is a family rumor that his surname was originally Hancock, but I can't substantiate it.

Re: LAMB

Nancy Palmer (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2005 7:47AM GMT
Surnames: Lamb Hassell, Spruill
I am descended from Arminta Lamb. I have found Thaddeus Bisque Lamb married to Hester Ann Hassell. Thaddeus Bisque Lamb's father is Abner Lamb who was married to Hester Ann Spruill. Please contact me that we may compare information. Thank you.

Re: LAMB

Leslie (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2005 10:54PM GMT
That's about what I have, plus I figured out that Hester A Spruill was Abner's second wife. First wife listed as Polly on 1850 Washington County NC Census page 98 #538. I haven't been about to trace Abner and have no leads whatsoever other than what I can find surfing the web. Is that about what you have?
Posted: 4 Jun 2012 4:50AM GMT
Surnames: Lamb, Spruill
I have Abner Lamb born about 1792. He enlisted in the army on March 7, 1814 in Plymouth, NC to fight in the War of 1812. There is a notation on his army record that seems to/may indicate that his birthdate was September 18, 1791. He is listed as 5 ft. 8 3/4 inches, with blue eyes, light hair, light complexion, is 23 years old, occupation listed as a shoemaker. I also have the 1850 census record that shows him married to Polly, with (presumably) his sister Nancy living with them, and (presumably) children, William and Nancy. I do not have a death record for Polly. He was married to Hester Ann Spruill on 2 May 1858. According to the 1860 census, he had a daughter, Thillipina born about 1859, with Thaddeus Bisque born about February 1860. In the 1870 census, he is not listed. I have Thaddeus Bisque's death date as 11 Jun 1928 in South Fork, Tyrrell County, according to his death certificate.
I have not been able to find more about Abner. I do not have any firm leads about who his parents were. I am hoping to review land records to see if I can find any further information, but as I live across the country, it might be a few years before I can do that. Good luck in your search!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic