Search for content in message boards

Rev. Jacob Lindley and wife, Hannah Dickey

Rev. Jacob Lindley and wife, Hannah Dickey

Posted: 4 Aug 2003 9:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Mar 2004 10:53PM GMT
I am researching Rev. Jacob Lindley's wife Hannah Dickey. Rev. Jacob Lindley was born 13 Jun 1764 in Washington Co.,PA and died 29 Jan 1857 in Fayette Co. Pa. His wife, Hannah was born 1782 and died in Pontotoc Co., MS in 1848. Have much information on the Lindley family but little on Hannah. I also have the 2 volume set The History of the Lindley Lindsely-Lindsely Family in America 1639-1930. Will exchange information. Anne Anderson

Re: Rev. Jacob Lindley and wife, Hannah Dickey

Marilyn Combs (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2004 2:39AM GMT
Rev. and Mrs. Lindley came to Waterford Township, Washington County, Ohio after his ordination in November, 1803. He was the founding pastor of the Presbyterian Church here, and was installed as its pastor in September, 1804. We have done quite a bit of research into his life, including a visit to his birthplace in Pennsylvania, and research in the archives at Ohio University, of which he was the first president. I am curious about a connection I've found on some genealogical websites stating that he was a descendant of Gov. Robert Treat of the Colony of Connecticut. Do you know anything about this. Mrs. Lindley gave birth to three children while they lived in Washington County, Ohio, but I have no other information about her, except Rev. Lindley's account of her death.

Mary Moyer (View posts)
Posted: 9 Apr 2004 6:18AM GMT
Rev. Jacob Lindley was the son of Demas Lindley & Joanna Prudden. Demas Lindley was the son of John Lindley & Sarah Plumb. Sarah Plumb was the daughter of John Plumb & Hannah Crane. Hannah Crane was the daughter of Deacon Azariah Crane & Mary Treat. Mary Treat was the daughter of Gov. Robert Treat & Jane Tapp.

Posted: 23 Jun 2012 1:05PM GMT
Surnames: Lindley, Matheus
I have a John Lindley born 1800/1810 marrying a Christena Matheus born 1814. They were both born in Washington County, PA and then moved to Bridgeport, Fayette County, PA. I am looking for John Lindley's parents and were wondering if you came across him on your Lindley research or if he is in your History of the Lindley Lindsely Family in America book. Thank you!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic