Search for content in message boards

Levan Tull

Levan Tull

Posted: 18 Mar 2000 8:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Apr 2009 1:46PM GMT
Surnames: Tull
I am a descendant of William Tull whose father (Artha Tull) was a brother of Levan
Tull. I show Levan born approx. 1788 - died
Aprox. 1794 ish. Levan's parents were Abraham Tull and Margaret Smith. E-mail me I have more.

Levin Tull

Posted: 1 Jul 2000 3:36PM GMT
I noticed your message on Family History board on Levin Tull being a brother to Atha Tull.
I am of Levin Tull b. 1794-1800 (1794) N.C. d. 1860 Missouri, m1st. Lauranna Mathis, 2nd. Melvina Reynolds.I have much on this man. I know that one census put him back in 1788 but one only out of the full census...
I would like to know about your Levin Tull b. 1788 is this the same one?
What is your source that he is a brother to Atha?
I would appreciate talking and exchanging with you, please let me hear from you. thanks.

Levin Maddux Tull

Lisa Tull (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jul 2000 6:42PM GMT

Levin Maddux Tull

Lisa Tull (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jul 2000 6:45PM GMT
Edited: 25 Apr 2009 1:47PM GMT
My Levin Maddux Tull was born in 1794 in Somerset Co. Maryland. I have not yet found brothers. He died in 1873 in Cincinnati and is buried there. I would like to know his parents name. Any connection?

Levin Maddux Tull

Dennis Allen Tull (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2001 6:18PM GMT
To: Lisa Tull,
I have also been searching for this Levin,s parents for 10 years. I think I'm getting close, but I've still got to verify the new information. It takes more time than I have to spare. I also have extensive information on his descendants if you are interested

Re: Levin Maddux Tull

Posted: 1 Jun 2003 7:06AM GMT
Dennis,
I am writing for my sister Lisa. I am a direct descendant of Levin Maddux Tull. His 2nd son Alfred F. is my great great grandfather. I have a picture of Levin and his wife Rosalyn. I bet you are one of my cousins in Ohio aren't you! I saw the response you got from I believe Phyllis. Did you find Artha was the brother of Levin with Abraham and Margaret parents? I have other info on our family. Alfred's daughter and baby of the family was Lydia Tull Johns, she left me all the family pictures when she died in Atlanta, GA. I fuess you know Levin and Rosalyn are buried in Spring Grove cemetery in Cincinnati. Your cousin- Terri Tull Clancy

Dennis A. Tull (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2003 2:41AM GMT
Terri Tull Clancy and Lisa
Thank you for the e-mail. I tried to e-mail you a message right away, but not sure that you received it. Anyway, I'm back home from my trip and back into my normal routine.
First, I want to properly introduce myself. My full name is Dennis Allen Tull b. May 14, 1953 in Hamilton Co., Ohio.
I also am a descendant of Alfred F. Tull. His son George had 4 sons; Charles, Alfred (Chief), Ralph and Wiley. My father, Raymond Ralph Tull is the second son of Charles. If my guess is correct, you must be daughters of Ralph (Sonny) Tull
whose father was my great uncle Ralph Tull.
I just received a note from my uncle Fred L. Tull and his wife Joyce. They included a copy of your genealogy.com posting in reply to Joyce's posting. One thing that I noticed was new to me was Alfred's middle name "Franklin" - curious to know how you found that out. Spring Grove Cemetary and Cincinnati City Directory records only indicated an initial.
As a side note: Fred and Joyce Tull live in Burnet, Texas. Are you located anywhere near them?
I have a fairly extensive family tree on a computer aided drawing file that I have been gradually developing over the last dozen years. Some information shown on it is not verified. It is a work in-progress. I add info. that I come across even if there is no definite connection just in case it helps in the process of elimination.
If either of you are interested and supply me with a mailing address, I will send you a printed copy of our family tree. The descendants of Levin Maddux Tull shown on the document are accurate except that much information is missing about your branch of the family. I hope to be able to fill in your information on my document.
As I mentioned in my e-mail, I am thrilled to find out that a photograph exists of Levin Maddux Tull and his wife Rosalyn, but I'm also excited to make contact with cousins that share this interest in our family history.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Your cousin Dennis A. Tull

Posted: 8 Jul 2003 11:52PM GMT
Hi Dennis,
Yes we are Ralph's (Sonny's) girls. There is also our brother Ralph David Tull. I will e-mail you direct so we can share info. So glad to find you Cousin!
Terri Tull Clancy

Re: Levan Tull

Posted: 12 Jan 2007 12:10AM GMT
Edited: 25 Apr 2009 1:47PM GMT
Surnames: Tull, Smith
Hi, I found more on Arta Tull at:
http://www.tullscorner.net/HTMLobj-844/D6.HTML#C14679

William married Margaret SMITH-[6287] [MRIN: 2092] on 4 Dec 1804 in NC, Stokes Co. Margaret was born about 1771 in NC, Stokes Co.

Noted events in her life were:

• Census: 1810, NC, Stokes Co, Germantown Dist. CENSUS: 1810 Germantown Dist., Stokes County, NC p . 617
Males: 1 under 10, 1 16-26
Females: 1 under 10 , 1 16-26

NC P617

• Census: 1840, NC, Stokes Co. Pg 283 M19-125
M 50-60 1780-1790
F 15-20 1820-1825
F 60-70 1770 1780

Children from this marriage were:

+ 411 M i. Artha * TULL-[14679] .

+ 412 M ii. John * TULL-[14680] .

+ 413 F iii. Devan * TULL-[1884] .

+ 414 M iv. William * TULL-[1885] .

Hope this helps.
Char O.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions