Search for content in message boards

John Watts Family

John Watts Family

Glen Teater (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2000 1:15PM GMT
Researching family of John Watts (born:1722 Culpepper Co., Va?) son of Thomas and Ester Watts, married: Sarah Barnett.
known child: Julius Watts, (born: ca 1765-died 4 Oct 1848) married: Mary Eve on 22 Dec 1848 in Clark Co., KY Children of Julius and Mary Eve Watts:
William E. Watts, Barnett Watts, Laverne Watts married a Iverson, Lucinda Watts, Simpson Watts, John T. Watts born 27 Sept 1786 married Nancy Lawrence in 1806 in Clark Co., Ky
Nancy Watts married Meredith Lawrence, Frances (Fanny) Watts married Henry Lawrence, Elizabeth Watts married David Poindexter, Howard F. Watts married Prudence Collins, Mary (Polly) Watts married Samuel Shearer and John Arnold

John Watts' Family

Posted: 30 Jan 2000 8:50PM GMT
Edited: 28 Dec 2004 1:57AM GMT
I'm interested in finding out more about this family, particularly William. Was his wife's name "Perlina"? Also did he have a brother named Elijah or was his middle name Elijah or Elias? Is there an Eleanor "Nelly" known to be married to either? Please contact me directly at Watts4550@aol.com. Thanks

Re: John Watts - Sarah Barnett

Ed Watts (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2000 6:56AM GMT
I have lots of information. What do you want to know?

Edward C. Watts, please contact

Posted: 23 Mar 2000 12:34PM GMT
Edited: 28 Dec 2004 1:57AM GMT
Ed,I think that your book points out the William Watts that I was searching for ie, William VI. However, I would like to chat with you by e-mail back and forth. I have some information that maybe you don't have and then maybe again, you do have that relates to Garrett, James, John and Joe and Bill and Eli Watts.This John was born in 1758. Let's talk. Fred email:Watts4550@aol.com

watts lines

Posted: 22 Jul 2000 2:41AM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 5:12PM GMT
we have a some "John Watts" in our PA tree but it's from rev civil war time period.I think I have somewhere some data for a John Watts from Culpepper Co.,VA 1700's somewhere. Email me and I'll try to get it to you soon. Could've been named for ancestor though.

Do you come from PA line w/ Lt. Francis Watts- Rev. War Light Brigade infantry, Col. Frederick Watts- Rev. War, Sgt. James Watts- killed at Fort Freeland July 28,1779(not looking at my dates on sheets--only from memory)....if so or you think you might be or even earlier w/ David Watt(s) buried in Morristown, NJ-Church on the Green....whom all these Watt(s) lines in Northumberland co.,PA came from...let me know. I do know that the Watts line I came from had land given to them in Ireland by a "lord" as common then for 99 yr leased land given to subjects of the Scottish/British crown. Our line came somewhere from either Wales or Scotland. I've always heard Scotland. Please tap me into your findings if you can help. I have over 3 generations worth of data and have personally worked on our tree since 1975 on and off w/ a distant older cousin in VA who's dying of cancer in her elderly stages now after doing much research herseld in the early 60's and thru the 70's and again with my encouragement and aid in the 80's and 90's.

John Watts family

Posted: 13 May 2001 1:37AM GMT
Edited: 25 Jan 2002 9:26PM GMT
Husband is descendent of Dr. Howard Watts & Prudence Collins..both buried in Madison, IN
Their son, Capt. Wm. Collins Watts was my husband's ggrandfather & was a steamboat captain on the Ohio River. Would like to exchange family history..

John W Watts

Posted: 15 May 2001 12:15PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 11:11PM GMT
I am looking a John Watts from Pa. Have very little info. on him but would like to talk to you about a possible connection. Thanks.

your ancestor John W. Watts

Posted: 16 May 2001 7:49AM GMT
I don't remember seeing this middle initial anywhere in our records however if you have a date, birth place or marriage place or date, wife's name, date of death or burial location, any census records you've looked at and found him, siblings, childrens names & their dates, places of birth, etc., knowledge of any military service or any other data please share it with me and I'll try to help if possible. you can email me at dwatts77@aol.com

John W. Watts

Posted: 16 May 2001 6:57PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 11:11PM GMT
Thanks. Our J.W. Watts was born around 1844 probably in Pa. Died May 12, 1904 Columbia Co., Pa. Married to Margaret Cole date unknown. Enlisted in the Civil War from Philadelphia, Pa. Does any of this sound familiar?

John Wesley Watts data

Posted: 16 May 2001 8:04PM GMT
Debbie: email me at dwatts77@aol.com--it's easier for me to place longer messages and data for the future.....Try to see if you can look in the 1900 census to find him...it's all alphabetical by surname and covers all states..check PA and see what's there...it'll show him if listed and ages, etc....then check 1890, 1880, 1870 , 1860 and see if his children are shown or he's in the same area....he should be....I'll see what I have but don't think I have 1860 census copied...let me know..
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions