Search for content in message boards

Broderick Ballinakill Loughrea Galway

Broderick Ballinakill Loughrea Galway

Posted: 21 May 2005 8:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Searching for Broderick families. I believe from Cartron, Kylebrack, Tynagh. John Broderick and Margaret Rafferty with the following children: James 1865, Mary 1867, John 1871, Michael 1874, Lawrence 1878, Martin 1878, Margaret 1885, and Catherine 1887. Margaret and Catherine immigrated to Massachusetts; Worcester County. Mary m. Patrick Donlan in Lagoo, Ballinakill, Loughrea, Galway.

Re: Broderick Ballinakill Loughrea Galway

Posted: 29 Sep 2012 5:31PM GMT
Surnames: Broderick,Lyons family
Hi my GGM was a Margaret Broderick , according to marriage record daughter of Patrick and ? Margaret b.abt 1844, married James Lyons b.1841 to Michael Lyons in 1866. My GF , Michael was born in Galway, last known residence according to immigration papers was Tynagh Co. Galway Michael came to Boston Ma turn of the century. Do these names sound familiar, My GF Michael died when my Dad was 11 years old so not to much info to go on. Thank you Diane Lyons Walsh

Posted: 10 Dec 2012 4:19PM GMT
Possibly the first poster changed their email address.

You can look for things yourself.

Tynagh was a Parish in Galway and also a townland in the Union of either Loughrea or Portumna. You are so lucky to have the Parish, usually only Galway would be written down.

For information on diocese, parish and civil boundaries see www.from-ireland.net for information.

In 1856 the Griffith Valuation of land took place for tax purposes, the owners and occupiers of land are listed.

In the Parish of Tynagh in 1856 there are the following
Broderick's in this parish.

Michael Townland Derryfrench
Michael TL same
John TL same
Patrick Townland Foolagh
Thomas Townland Garraunnameetagh
William Townland Knockauneevin & Ballywatteen

Michael Broderick Junior, Parish of Tynagh, Townland of
Derryfrench, Poor Law Union Loughrea, tenant of James Smith
#9 land 8 acres 3 roods and 35 perches
10A house, outbuildings and land 6.26.6
10B land 3.8

Michael Boderick Senior, all info same
11A house, oubuildings and land 32.3.24
11B land 39.0.2

John Broderick, all info same
12Aa house, outbuilding land 39.0.2
12B land 8.0.8
12C land 11.1.6
Abc&cab - 4 cottiers houses

The others are on www.askaboutireland.ie

Commercial Directories (like our yellow pages)

1881:
Michael Broderick, Hotel and Public House, Athenry
Michael Broderick, baker, Athenry
Margaret Broderick, under Baker & Draper, Athenry
John & Peter Broderick builder and carpenters, Athenry

Athenry is a Parish, a townland and a village in the
Union of Loughrea. A Poor Law Union and later Civil Registration Disrict covered an area of 12 mi. radius and all parishes, townlands, villages within. Basically an administration head office.

The 1901 Census has 32 Michael Brodericks. Not sure which maybe yours or what year they immigrated. Both 1901/1911
are on this website: www.census.nationalarchives.ie

Annette Code

Posted: 5 Jan 2013 2:36PM GMT
HI ANNETTE THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY. MY FATHERS PARENTS BOTH HAD THE SAME LAST NAME , LYONS SO IT IS HARD FOR ME TO FIND THE RIGHT FAMILIES. THE BRODERICK INFO IS VERY HELPFUL, POSSIBLY PATRICK BRODERICK COULD BE MARGARETS FATHER, MY COMPUTER HAS BEEN DOWN FOR A WHILE SORRY IT HAS BEEN SO LONG FOR ME TO REPLY

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 1:44PM GMT
You are welcome. I see I didn't mention the Tithe Applotments taken 1820-1839.

www.genealogy.nationalarchives.ie

Annette

Posted: 2 Apr 2014 12:08PM GMT
Surnames: Broderick
I have a Kate Broderick born in 1855 in Cahernagarry, quite close to Loughrea. She emigrated to the USA where she met and married my GGF, Thomas Clarke. They had at least one child, William, in Massachusetts before returning to Ireland where my GF Roger or Roderick was born.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions