Search for content in message boards

Mahoney/Mahony from Lismuse, Lisdeen Co Clare Ireland

Mahoney/Mahony from Lismuse, Lisdeen Co Clare Ireland

Posted: 16 Sep 2002 8:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jul 2006 10:12AM GMT
Surnames: Mahoney,Mahony, Conway
Looking from info on the Mahoneys/Mahonys from that area. There were 8 in the family (names not in age order)- Tom, Patt, Bridget, Mary, Charles, Cathleen, Michael and Martin (my ggrandfather born in 1863 who migrated to Australia). Parents are unknown at this stage. In 1936 Michael was still living in the family home in Ireland with his 7 children. In 1938 Cathleen Ann Conway (Nee Mahoney/Mahony) was living in Chicago Illinois. Any assistance with this branch of the tree would be appreciated.

Re: Mahoney/Mahony from Lismuse, Lisdeen Co Clare Ireland

Marianne (View posts)
Posted: 12 Oct 2002 6:30AM GMT
I know of Michael and Mary Mahoney from Lismuse,Michaels mother was Maggie who was a sister to my grandfather.Is there a connection here?

Marianne (View posts)
Posted: 12 Oct 2002 6:33AM GMT
I know of Michael and Mary Mahoney from Lismuse,Michaels mother was Maggie who was a sister to my grandfather.Is there a connection here?

Posted: 12 Oct 2002 7:21AM GMT
Marianne, thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I haven't much to go on - just a letter from Lismuse in 1936 when Michael and his family were still living in the family home in Ireland. They wrote the letter when they found out that Martin, my ggrandfather and Michael's brother had passed away in May 1936. The only names I have to go on are the ones in my original posting. In the letter, Michael had two daughters that we know of - 1 died in 1936 and the other was called Teresa who wrote the letter for her father Michael. There were 5 boys in the family also but unfortunately none were named. If this sounds familiar, please reply.

Rebecca Stewart (View posts)
Posted: 29 Sep 2004 1:54AM GMT
Surnames: Mahoney Kennedy Little
I have a Michael Mahoney that sounds like he could be a match up. I received some information from my father but I am not sure if it is correct. It shows his father as Martin Mahoney.. His mother as Margaret Kennedy. It shows Michael's wife as Mary Little. Sounds like it could be the same but I dont have any dates. I have Michael's daughter, Elizabeth, born in 1884 - again not sure on the accuracy of the date, but it has to be close. So, I would venture to guess that my Michael had to be born sometime around 1860, and Martin and Margaret some time around 1835.

If anyone has additional information about this group, please let me know. I will be happy to share any downline information that I have.

john kelly (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2006 8:03PM GMT
Surnames: mahony
I know the descendents of the Mahony you were searching for.

Posted: 15 Jun 2013 9:18AM GMT
hello john, just looked at the notice board and would like to continue conversation about the Mahony family from Lisdeen. Thankyou Peter McConnell great grandson of Martin Mahony
per page

Find a board about a specific topic