Search for content in message boards

The Family of James Alexander b. Campbeltown, Argyil, Scotland

The Family of James Alexander b. Campbeltown, Argyil, Scotland

Kathy(James)smith (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2004 3:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Feb 2005 8:01AM GMT
Surnames: Alexander
Looking for the family of James Alexander b. 1706,Campbeltown, Scotland. d. Slate ridge Cemetery, Penns..He is my husband Clyde Wesley Smith'ggggggrandfather.We would love to hear from anyone out there belonging to this family.

Kathy

Re: The Family of James Alexander b. Campbeltown, Argyil, Scotland

Ed Alexander (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 2005 6:55PM GMT
Hi Kathy,

I'm pretty much a newcomer to this genealogical thing, but I am a decendant of the James Alexander that you mentioned. My great-grandfather Oliver Mathew Alexander and two of his brothers moved their families from Missouri to the Yakima Valley in Washington in the 1880-1890s. My grandfather, Virgil James William Alexander was born in Missouri and came west at that time over the Oregon Trail. I'll forward you the page from the FamilySearch (LDS) website where I found the genealogical information.

Ed (Alexander)

Posted: 6 Aug 2009 9:39PM GMT
Surnames: Alexander
I'm from this line also. Do you have any information of James Alexander's parents? I haven't been able to get past him.

Posted: 12 Aug 2009 6:57PM GMT
Several males from this line or lines very closely associated with it have participated in the Alexander DNA project. A few with close DNA matches do not descend from James, and this may provide clues.

About ten people have provided lineages, and, either late today or tomorrow, I will post additional family information, after I get it worked over.

Roger Alexander, who posts here and is coordinator of the DNA project, may have more information. Neither he nor I are part of this family.

Posted: 12 Aug 2009 8:12PM GMT
Several males from this line or lines very closely associated with it have participated in the Alexander DNA project. A few with close DNA matches do not descend from James, and this may provide clues.

About ten people have provided lineages, and, either late today or tomorrow, I will post additional family information, after I get it worked over.

Roger Alexander, who posts here and is coordinator of the DNA project, may have more information. Neither he nor I are part of this family.

Posted: 31 Mar 2012 5:33AM GMT
Roger, what did you find out on this James Alexander line from Campbetown, Scotland, born in 1706?

Gail

Posted: 31 Mar 2012 2:06PM GMT
Take a look at what members of this family have posted. Some are descendants of James, and some are not. Click on 'RESULTS' after going to the URL http://www.familytreedna.com/public/ALEXANDER-Y-DNA/. The family group is portrayed in light green, fairly near the top.

I am not part of this family and have little knowledge of it.

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 2:16AM GMT
Edited: 14 Mar 2013 2:16AM GMT
I am also a descendant of James Alexander. I'd like to compare information. Please e-mail me. floridanurse06@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions