My message to your hotmail account was returned. I'll try to post it here.
Iâ€™m sorry to not have replied earlier. A few months ago my computer burped and I lost all pending emails. Yours must have been one of them.
Iâ€™m sending you this report. I donâ€™t have confirmation on all the facts, but feel pretty comfortable with them. I think I have some additional info, If so Iâ€™ll send it in a separate message.
Descendants of Adam Gramling
Generation No. 1
1. Adam1 Gramling1 was born March 09, 1739/40 in Hamburg, Germany1, and died May 03, 1800 in Orangeburgh, South Carolina1. He married Elizabeth Christina Gassoway2. She was born Abt. 1740 in Hamburg, Germany2, and died March 31, 1827 in Orangeburgh, South Carolina2.
Notes for Adam Gramling:firstname.lastname@example.org
- (1)ADAM (JOSEPH?) GRAMLING, b. Abt. 1740, Aschaffenberg, Bavaria, German Empire; d. May 1800, South Carolina. (2)Birth Date & Place from World Family Tree, Vol 1, File #2832
Death death and place on WFT Vol 1, File #2832 is May 7, 1800 Orangeberg Dist., SC; on WFT Vol. 3, File #5681 is May 30, 1880 in Four Holes, SC. IF Franz Gramling is Adam Gramling's father (unconfirmed at this time) his middle name is Joseph and his birthdate is March 9, 1739/40. All information on Adam's possible ancestors through Franz is from WFT Vol.2, #2230.
Notes for Elizabeth Christina Gassoway:email@example.com
notes - ELIZABETH CHRISTIANA (CHLOANNA)GASSOWAY/GASSAWAY:
Birth & Death dates and places from WFT Vol 1, #2832. WFT Vol. 3, #5681 confirms death death but lists place as Four Holes, South Carolina.
Children of Adam Gramling and Elizabeth Gassoway are:
2. i. MARTIN LUTHER2 GRAMLING, b. November 18, 1765, Orangesburgh SC; d. October 17, 1831, SC.
ii. CONRAD GRAMLING3, b. 1767, Orangeburg, SC3; d. 18003.
iii. ADAM GRAMLING, JR.4, b. November 19, 1768, Orangeburg, SC4; d. August 02, 1866, Spartanburg, S.C.5; m. MARY ?5; b. July 01, 17675.
Notes for ADAM GRAMLING, JR.:
Sewell notes - Rev.
iv. CHRISTIAN GRAMLING6, b. September 18, 1771, Orangeburg, SC6; d. December 26, 1855, Centerville, FL7; m. (1) MARGARET AREND7; m. (2) ELIZABETH STREEK7.
Notes for CHRISTIAN GRAMLING:
Sewell note - Rev.
v. ELIZABETH GRAMLING8, b. November 25, 1773, Orangeburg, SC8.
Notes for ELIZABETH GRAMLING:
Sewell notes - did not marry
3. vi. MICHAEL GRAMLING, b. November 25, 1773, Orangeburg, SC; d. May 1823, Four Holes, SC.
vii. ISRAEL GRAMLING9, b. 1777, Orangeburg, SC9.
viii. CATHERINE GRAMLING10, b. 1780, Orangeburg, SC11; m. ? RILEY12.
Notes for CATHERINE GRAMLING:firstname.lastname@example.org
has fn Katherine
ix. RICHARD GRAMLING13, b. 1780, Orangeburg, SC13.
x. WILLIAM ANDREW GRAMLING14, b. November 21, 1783, Orangeburg, SC15; d. May 14, 1874, Canton, Cherokee Co., GA16; m. REBECCA FOSTER17, November 10, 181117; b. October 18, 179417; d. June 07, 187417.
Notes for WILLIAM ANDREW GRAMLING:
Sewell note - Rev.
xi. JOHN GRAMLING18, b. December 02, 1785, Orangeburg, SC18; d. February 05, 1865, GA18; m. ELIZABETH IMBODEN19, October 14, 180619.
Notes for JOHN GRAMLING:
Sewell note - Rev.
Sewell note - place of death, Florida
Generation No. 2
2. Martin Luther2 Gramling (Adam1)19 was born November 18, 1765 in Orangesburgh SC19, and died October 17, 1831 in SC19. He married (1) Mary Hoover19 July 13, 179019. She was born Abt. 1769 in Orangeburgh, SC20. He married (2) Mary Heaner21 June 02, 1801. She was born Abt. 1765 in Orangeburgh, South Carolina22, and died in Orangeburgh, South Carolina22.
Notes for Martin Luther Gramling:
Sewell notes - Rev.
Children of Martin Gramling and Mary Hoover are:
4. i. HENRY3 GRAMLING, b. January 1799, Orangeburg Co, SC; d. 1872.
ii. MARGARETH GRAMLING23, b. October 10, 1794, Orangesburg SC23.
5. iii. REUBEN MARTIN GRAMLING, b. February 06, 1791, Orangeburg, SC; d. April 15, 1865, Paragould, Ar.
iv. MARY MAGDALENE GRAMLING24, b. August 07, 1792, Orangeburg, SC24.
Children of Martin Gramling and Mary Heaner are:
v. ELIZABETH3 GRAMLING25, b. January 12, 1802, Orangeburgh, South Carolina25.
vi. MARIAH GRAMLING26, b. April 28, 1807, Orangeburgh, South Carolina26.
vii. SUSAN GRAMLING27, b. November 24, 1809, Orangeburgh, South Carolina27.
viii. JOHN GRAMLING28, b. December 31, 1804, Orangeburg Co, SC28; d. November 28, 1872, Orangeburg Co, SC28; m. CATHERINE STROMAN29; b. May 16, 1808, Orangeburg, Orangeburg Co, SC29; d. March 11, 1892, Orangeburg, Orangeburg Co, SC29.
3. Michael2 Gramling (Adam1)30 was born November 25, 1773 in Orangeburg, SC30, and died May 1823 in Four Holes, SC31. He married Elizabeth Knight32 June 14, 180332. She was born December 10, 1786 in SC32, and died January 23, 186132.
Notes for Michael Gramling:
gramling-dp2designs.com notes: Source for most information on Michael and family: WFT Vol 3, #5681
Above source lists a Jacob Gramling b. August 22, 1826 as child of Michael and Elizabeth but this is too long after death of Michael. Added note asks "son of Mose Stabler?"
Notes for Elizabeth Knight:
gramling-dp2designs.com notes: Death date may have been 1881
Children of Michael Gramling and Elizabeth Knight are:
6. i. JOSEPH WALTER3 GRAMLING, b. May 12, 1819, SC; d. Riddle's Bend, Etowah Co., AL.
ii. ELIZABETH GRAMLING33, b. July 09, 1804, Orangeburg Co, SC33; d. Eufala, AL33; m. KIT NEAL33.
iii. LEWIS GRAMLING33, b. February 09, 1807, Orangeburg Co, SC33; d. February 1877, Orangeburg Co, SC33; m. HARRIET STABLER33, December 24, 182433; b. Abt. 1807, Orangeburg Co, SC33; d. Abt. 1869, Orangeburg Co, SC33.
iv. MARY MARTHA GRAMLING33, b. May 25, 1809, Orangeburg Co, SC33; d. AL33.
Notes for MARY MARTHA GRAMLING:
gramling-dp2designs.com notes: More about Mary Martha on WFT Vol3, #5681
v. JAMES ROBERT GRAMLING33, b. December 08, 181233; d. May 06, 1897, probably Monroe Louisana33; m. SARAH ANN MORRIS33.
vi. WILLIAM WARREN GRAMLING33, b. December 18, 181633; d. June 25, 187833; m. NANCY TODD33, May 20, 184033.
vii. JOHN MICHAEL GRAMLING33, b. December 18, 1816, SC33; d. July 17, 1890, Plesant Hill, AL33; m. MARGARET BRAYANT33.
Generation No. 3
4. Henry3 Gramling (Martin Luther2, Adam1)34 was born January 1799 in Orangeburg Co, SC35, and died 187236. He married Mary ?37. She was born 1798 in S. C.37.
Notes for Henry Gramling:
From the records of Doug Moore Ky. Land Grants, Monroe, Co.:
SURVEY DATE GRANTEE ACRES WATERCOURSE COUNTY BOOK
4 Dec 1841 Grambling, Henry 40 E Fk Big Barren Monroe 10
Sewell info - resided in S.C., Monroe Co., KY(1829-1832), and Milam MO
Children of Henry Gramling and Mary ? are:
i. POLLY4 GRAMBLIN38.
ii. REBECCA GRAMBLIN38, m. CHAFAN COMPTON38.
Notes for CHAFAN COMPTON:
Sewell writing of first name not clear.
7. iii. JOHN G. GRAMBLIN, b. February 11, 1824, SC; d. October 06, 1895, Center Point, Linn Co., IA.
iv. ELIZABETH GRAMBLIN39, b. 182540.
Notes for ELIZABETH GRAMBLIN:
Sewell info not clear, bd could be 1935 also listed as 1830
8. v. REUBEN A. GRAMLING, b. 1828.
9. vi. THOMAS COKE GRAMBLIN, b. 1830.
10. vii. JOSEPH M. GRAMBLIN, b. 1832, Monroe Co., Ky..
viii. HENRY F. GRAMLIN40, b. 1834, Monroe Co., Ky.40; m. ELIZABETH A. BRANDON40, November 17, 1853, Monroe Co., Ky.41; b. 1833, Monroe Co., Ky.42.
11. ix. MARY A. GRAMBLIN, b. 1836.
5. Reuben Martin3 Gramling (Martin Luther2, Adam1)43 was born February 06, 1791 in Orangeburg, SC43, and died April 15, 1865 in Paragould, Ar43.
Child of Reuben Martin Gramling is:
12. i. BENJAMIN M.4 GRAMLING, b. Abt. 1816.
6. Joseph Walter3 Gramling (Michael2, Adam1)44 was born May 12, 1819 in SC44, and died in Riddle's Bend, Etowah Co., AL44. He married (1) Elizabeth Aaron44. She was born 1827 in SC44, and died 1857 in AL44. He married (2) Juliana Ruple44. She was born 1830 in SC44. He married (3) Unity Brown Beason44. She was born October 16, 183444, and died July 03, 191044.
Notes for Joseph Walter Gramling:
gramling-dp2designs.com notes: Tombstone reads: Sgt. J. W. Gramling, Co. B. 24th Ala. Cav. C.S.A.
(there are many broken stones between J. W.'s grave and W. R. & Mary Catherine's -- wife, Elizabeth Aaron should be buried there, but I could not locate the grave) Buried in Hopewell Baptist Church Cemeter, St. Clair County, Alabama. Before the Civil War he ran a public dray at Lowndesboro, Lowndes County, Al Sgt. Co. B. 24th Al Calvalry, CSA
Notes for Juliana Ruple:
gramling-dp2designs.com notes: Sister of James Elliot Gramling's wife, Catherine. AKA Clarisie
Notes for Unity Brown Beason:
gramling-dp2designs.com notes: widow of James Harkey Beeson
Children of Joseph Gramling and Elizabeth Aaron are:
i. JAMES ELLIOTT4 GRAMLING44, b. 184944.
13. ii. WALTER REESE GRAMLING, b. July 04, 1851, Greenville, Lowndes Co., AL; d. April 23, 1936.
iii. FRANCES GRAMLING44, b. 185244.
Children of Joseph Gramling and Juliana Ruple are:
iv. CLARA4 GRAMLING45, b. 186046.
v. CAROLINE GRAMLING46, b. 186246.
vi. ANDREW GRAMLING46, b. 186746.
vii. MINNIE GRAMLING46, b. Abt. 1870.
Generation No. 4
7. John G.4 Gramblin (Henry3 Gramling, Martin Luther2, Adam1)47 was born February 11, 1824 in SC47, and died October 06, 1895 in Center Point, Linn Co., IA47. He married (1) Elizabeth Grimsley47. He married (2) Cordelia Webb47, daughter of Washington Webb and Priccilla ?. She was born May 24, 1835 in Kentucky47, and died October 24, 1903 in Center Point, Linn Co., IA47.
Notes for John G. Gramblin:
Sewell info - resided in S.C., KY, MO, and Iowa
Child of John Gramblin and Elizabeth Grimsley is:
i. ARTIMICIA5 GRAMBLIN47, b. 1848, KY47; d. 1882, Linn Co., IA47; m. NEWTON KRATZER47.
Children of John Gramblin and Cordelia Webb are:
14. ii. NOAH WASHINGTON5 GRAMBLIN, b. December 15, 1861, Near Milan, Sullivan Co., MO; d. December 27, 1918, Central City, Linn Co., IA.
iii. JAMES W. GRAMBLIN47, b. May 03, 1856, Sedalia, Pettis Co., MO47; d. November 20, 1927, Bismark, ND47; m. ANN E. SHIPWORTH47, IA47.
iv. PRICCILLA GRAMBLIN47, b. 1858, MO47; d. MO.
Notes for PRICCILLA GRAMBLIN:
Sewell notes - died in infancy
v. MARTHA J. GRAMBLIN47, b. November 20, 1857, Sedalia, Pettis Co., MO47; m. JOHN CLARK47.
vi. OLIVE GRAMBLIN47.
8. Reuben A.4 Gramling (Henry3, Martin Luther2, Adam1)47 was born 182848. He married Harriet D. Branden49.
Child of Reuben Gramling and Harriet Branden is:
i. MARY J.5 GRAMLING49, b. September 15, 1854, Monroe Co., Ky.49.
9. Thomas Coke4 Gramblin (Henry3 Gramling, Martin Luther2, Adam1)50 was born 183051. He married Mary Jane Roach52 May 23, 185053.
Notes for Thomas Coke Gramblin:
Henry M.'s birth info list's father as Thomas L.?
Notes for Mary Jane Roach:
Henry M.'s birth records list her as Mary J. Booth, Margarets list as Mary Jane Roach?
Children of Thomas Gramblin and Mary Roach are:
i. MARGARET5 GRAMBLIN54, b. August 09, 1853, Monroe Co., KY54.
Notes for MARGARET GRAMBLIN:
From Anc.com Gene Pool Individual Records - Births
Gramling, Margaret Jane - Father: Gramling, Thomas Coke - Mother: Roach, Mary Jane - Birth Date: 11 August 1853 City: Monroe - County: State: KY
ii. HENRY M. GRAMBLIN54, b. March 25, 1855, Monroe Co., KY54.
Notes for HENRY M. GRAMBLIN:
From Anc.com Gene Pool Individual Records - Births
Gramling, Henry Harrison - Father: Gramling, Thomas Coke - Mother: Roach, Mary Jane
Birth Date: 25 March 1855 City: Monroe - County: State: KY
iii. WILLIAM THOMAS GRAMLIN54, b. September 30, 1856, Monroe Co., KY54.
Notes for WILLIAM THOMAS GRAMLIN:
From Anc.com Gene Pool Individual Records - Births
Gramling, William Thomas - Father: Gramling, Thomas Coke - Mother: Roach, Mary Jane - Birth Date: 30 October 1856 City: Monroe - County: State: KY
10. Joseph M.4 Gramblin (Henry3 Gramling, Martin Luther2, Adam1)55 was born 1832 in Monroe Co., Ky.56. He married Hannah L. Lloyd57 October 01, 1852 in Monroe Co., Ky.58, daughter of John Lloyd and Nancy ?. She was born Abt. 1833 in Green Co., Tn.59.
Notes for Joseph M. Gramblin:
Sewell notes - Moved to MO in 1854, returned 1860.
Children of Joseph Gramblin and Hannah Lloyd are:
15. i. MARY ANN5 GRAMLIN, b. November 14, 1853, Monroe Co., Ky.; d. 1919.
16. ii. HENRY HARMAN GRAMLIN, b. October 11, 1855, Missouri; d. May 24, 1936.
17. iii. JOHN LLOYD GRAMLIN, b. 1858, Missouri.
iv. NANCY JANE GRAMLIN60, b. 1861, Monroe Co., Ky.60; m. JOHN WESLEY BROWN61, January 01, 1877, Monroe Co., Ky.61.
11. Mary A.4 Gramblin (Henry3 Gramling, Martin Luther2, Adam1)61 was born 183661. She married Alexander Ford61, son of Grant Ford and Nackey Ford. He was born 1832 in Washington Co., TN62.
Child of Mary Gramblin and Alexander Ford is:
i. BENJAMIN5 FORD63, b. September 01, 185263.
12. Benjamin M.4 Gramling (Reuben Martin3, Martin Luther2, Adam1)64 was born Abt. 181664.
Child of Benjamin M. Gramling is:
i. MEMORY C.5 GRAMLING64, b. November 1839.
13. Walter Reese4 Gramling (Joseph Walter3, Michael2, Adam1)65 was born July 04, 1851 in Greenville, Lowndes Co., AL65, and died April 23, 193665. He married Mary Catherine Beason65 September 12, 187765, daughter of James Beeson and Unity Brown. She was born March 20, 1859 in Beeson's Cove, St. Clair Co., AL65, and died August 17, 1936 in Riddle's Bend, Etowah Co., AL65.
Notes for Walter Reese Gramling:
gramling-dp2designs.com notes: Birth dates and deaths for Walter Reese Gramling and children infant son, Clement Ann and Laura Edith, are taken from tombstones. Buried in Hopewell Missionary Baptist Church Cemetery, St. Clair County, Asheville, Alabama. Directions: Highway 411 North. Lived in Riddles Bend, Etowah County, Alabama. (p. 198 Beeson Genealogy)
Notes for Mary Catherine Beason:
gramling-dp2designs.com notes: August 19, 1936, Buried in Hopewell Baptist Church Cemetery, St. Clair Co., AL
Children of Walter Gramling and Mary Beason are:
i. INFANT SON5 GRAMLING65.
ii. ADA BELL GRAMLING65, b. August 17, 187865; m. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN KIRBY65.
iii. CLEMENT ANN GRAMLING65, b. July 11, 188165; d. September 13, 189165.
18. iv. MAUDE OLIVIA GRAMLING, b. December 20, 1881, probably Beeson Cove, AL; d. December 20, 1945, Birmingham, AL.
v. MARY EUNICE GRAMLING65, b. July 07, 188465; m. WILLIAM M. THORNTON, July 28, 190865; b. 65.
vi. MARION REESE GRAMLING65, b. July 31, 188665; m. MARTHA WOOD SAMSON65.
vii. DAVID ALONZA GRAMLING65, b. November 18, 188665; m. DANA M. BERRY65, December 24, 191465.
viii. JOSEPH LUTHER GRAMLING65, b. September 21, 188965; m. WILLIE CHANDLER65, September 22, 191565.
ix. LAURA EDITH GRAMLING65, b. October 10, 189265; d. August 10, 191365.
x. NELLIE ALLENE GRAMLING65, b. September 28, 189465; m. ROLAND SHANKS, April 13, 191365.
xi. JAMES HARKEY BEESON GRAMLING65, b. December 24, 189665; m. EVA SEWELL65, November 21, 192465.
xii. EFFIE ELIZABETH GRAMLING65, b. August 10, 189965; d. March 25, 196565; m. JOHN ELIX BURNS65.
xiii. DELLA RUTH GRAMLING65, b. September 05, 190165; m. DAVID ROSS65, September 29, 192065.
Generation No. 5
14. Noah Washington5 Gramblin (John G.4, Henry3 Gramling, Martin Luther2, Adam1)66 was born December 15, 1861 in Near Milan, Sullivan Co., MO66, and died December 27, 1918 in Central City, Linn Co., IA66. He married Eva Cutler66 November 07, 1888 in Central City, Linn Co., IA66, daughter of John Cutler and Ann Cruickshank. She was born July 19, 1863 in Near Central City, Linn Co., IA66, and died May 05, 1953 in Bridgeport, WI66.
Children of Noah Gramblin and Eva Cutler are:
19. i. JOHN MASON6 GRAMBLIN, b. December 01, 1889, Near Center Point, Linn Co., IA; d. December 01, 1949, Orlando, Orange Co., FL.
ii. MABEL ANN GRAMBLIN66, b. October 21, 1891, Central City, Linn Co., IA66; d. May 06, 1979, Cedar Rapids, Linn Co., IA66; m. MINOR J. ESTILL66, February 21, 1917, Central City, Linn Co., IA66.
15. Mary Ann5 Gramlin (Joseph M.4 Gramblin, Henry3 Gramling, Martin Luther2, Adam1)67 was born November 14, 1853 in Monroe Co., Ky.67, and died 1919. She married (1) Milburn Greenup Arteburn68 Abt. 1873. He was born August 27, 1850 in Monroe Co., Ky.68, and died December 21, 1922 in Freedom, Ky.68. She married (2) William Harp68 Abt. 189268.
Children of Mary Gramlin and Milburn Arteburn are:
i. JOSEPH HENDERSON6 ARTERBURN69, b. February 12, 1873, Monroe Co., Ky.69; d. February 01, 1943, Barren Co., Ky.69.
ii. FLORENCE ARTERBURN69, b. January 28, 1874, Monroe Co., Ky.69; d. March 25, 1931, Barren Co., Ky.69; m. JOSEPH ALEXANDER SMITH JR.69, 189369; b. May 30, 1871, Illinois69; d. November 06, 1947, Barren Co., Ky.69.
Notes for JOSEPH ALEXANDER SMITH JR.:
Death Cert. Info. - Ancestry.com Kentucky Death Index, 1911-present
BARRN BARREN JOSEPH A SMITH 47 11 06 076
iii. MILBURN G. ARTERBURN69, b. January 17, 1876, Monroe Co., Ky.69; d. February 12, 194369.
16. Henry Harman5 Gramlin (Joseph M.4 Gramblin, Henry3 Gramling, Martin Luther2, Adam1)70 was born October 11, 1855 in Missouri70, and died May 24, 193670. He married Melissa Ann Turner71 January 10, 1878 in Monroe Co., Ky.72, daughter of William Turner and Ellen Isenberg. She was born March 01, 1859 in Monroe Co., Ky.73.
Notes for Henry Harman Gramlin:
Death Cert. Info: Date 360524 Age 080 Place BARRN Volume 031 Cert 15157 Deathvol 36
Sewell has bd as 1856
Location of birth, MO, from Carrie's birth info.
Notes for Melissa Ann Turner:
Gravestone spells name Malissa?
Children of Henry Gramlin and Melissa Turner are:
i. JOHNNY WESLEY6 GRAMLIN, b. December 25, 187874; d. May 15, 195575; m. LIZZIE OLIVER76, August 27, 1904, Barren Co., Ky.77.
Notes for JOHNNY WESLEY GRAMLIN:
Death Cert. Info: Date 550515 Age 076 Place BARRN Residence BARREN Volume 022 Cert 10747 Deathvol 55
Notes for LIZZIE OLIVER:
Marriage Bond signed by G. W. Oliver, possibly her father?
20. ii. WALTER LAWRENCE GRAMLIN, b. September 19, 1880; d. August 31, 1947, Barren Co. Ky..
21. iii. EVA GRAMLIN, b. September 19, 1882.
22. iv. ADA GRAMLIN, b. January 15, 1885.
v. NOLA GRAMLIN78, b. February 18, 188778.
Notes for NOLA GRAMLIN:
Sewell states "died young"
23. vi. LEVI GRAMLIN, b. February 03, 1889; d. September 26, 1959, Glasgow, Ky..
24. vii. ELLA E GRAMLIN, b. September 20, 1891.
viii. CARRIE GRAMLIN79, b. January 14, 1894, Mud Lick, Monroe Co., KY79.
Notes for CARRIE GRAMLIN:
Sewell states "died young"
17. John Lloyd5 Gramlin (Joseph M.4 Gramblin, Henry3 Gramling, Martin Luther2, Adam1)80 was born 1858 in Missouri80. He married Ludy V. Potter81 December 16, 1875 in Monroe Co., Ky.82, daughter of Archibald Potter and Elizabeth Langford.. She was born Abt. 1861 in Jackson Co., TN83.
Notes for John Lloyd Gramlin:
Marriage record lists occupation as farmer
Notes for Ludy V. Potter:
Sewell has spelling Luda
Children of John Gramlin and Ludy Potter are:
25. i. EFFIIE FLORENCE6 GRAMLIN, b. 1877.
ii. P. F. GRAMLIN84, b. 187984.
iii. MARY V. GRAMLIN85, b. March 187985; d. Bef. 189885.
18. Maude Olivia5 Gramling (Walter Reese4, Joseph Walter3, Michael2, Adam1)86 was born December 20, 1881 in probably Beeson Cove, AL86, and died December 20, 1945 in Birmingham, AL86. She married Samuel Emmett Ford86 October 24, 190186. He was born February 21, 186886, and died May 31, 1914 in Birmingham, AL86.
Notes for Maude Olivia Gramling:
gramling-dp2designs.com notes: Educated in Etowah County Schools. Buried in Forest Hills Cemetery, Birmingham; near the airport. seamstress
Notes for Samuel Emmett Ford:
gramling-dp2designs.com notes: Samuel Emmett Ford died in a Birmingham hospital from pneumonia and other complications resulting from being in a house which was destroyed by a tornado. He was found underneath debris in nearby woods. Samuel Emmett is buried in Marbury, Alabama. The cemetery has no name. Directions: South on 143; 1.1 ml on east side of road; grave located on east side of hill. Educated Auburn University & University of Pennsylvania in Mining Engineering Owned Ford Mining Company at Dora, Alabama 1912 - 1913
Children of Maude Gramling and Samuel Ford are:
i. THELMA ELIZABETH6 FORD86.
ii. EMMETT SAYRE FORD86.
iii. LUCILLE CATHERINE FORD86.
iv. RUBYE LOUISE FORD86.
v. WALTER REESE FORD86.
vi. MAMIE ISABELLE FORD86.
vii. WILSON FORD86.
viii. STANLEY FORD86.
Notes for STANLEY FORD:
gramling-dp2designs.com notes: Died in Infancy.
Generation No. 6
19. John Mason6 Gramblin (Noah Washington5, John G.4, Henry3 Gramling, Martin Luther2, Adam1)87 was born December 01, 1889 in Near Center Point, Linn Co., IA87, and died December 01, 1949 in Orlando, Orange Co., FL87. He married Pearl C. Williams87 February 13, 1910 in Ryan, Delaware Co., IA87, daughter of Judson Williams and Myrta Starks. She was born July 10, 1891 in Near Cogyon, Linn Co., IA87, and died August 18, 1980 in Cedar Rapids, Linn Co., IA87.
Child of John Gramblin and Pearl Williams is:
i. MASON DALE7 GRAMBLIN87, b. April 12, 1911, Central City, Linn Co., IA87; d. December 16, 1987, LaCrosse, LaCrosse Co., WI87; m. LEIDA MAE NEWMAN WOODWORTH, March 24, 1940, Bethany, Harrison Co., MO87.
20. Walter Lawrence6 Gramlin (Henry Harman5, Joseph M.4 Gramblin, Henry3 Gramling, Martin Luther2, Adam1)88 was born September 19, 188088, and died August 31, 1947 in Barren Co. Ky.89. He married Lula Thomas Starr90 October 10, 190691, daughter of Amos Starr and Nancy Cary. She was born August 19, 1887 in KY92, and died January 22, 1958 in Barren Co., KY93.
Notes for Walter Lawrence Gramlin:
Death Cert. Info: Date 470830 Age 066 Place BARRN Residence BARREN Volume 039 Cert 19054 Deathvol 47
Notes for Lula Thomas Starr:
Death Cert. Info: Date 580922 Age 071 Place BARRN Residence MONROE Volume 042 Cert 20666 Deathvol 58
Children of Walter Gramlin and Lula Starr are:
26. i. HERSHEL LEE7 GRAMLIN, b. July 23, 1907; d. June 04, 1937.
27. ii. RUBY ANN GRAMLIN, b. July 17, 1909, KY; d. October 15, 1980, Glasgow, KY.
28. iii. OVA MAE GRAMLIN, b. May 20, 1911, KY; d. October 10, 1985, Barren Co., KY.
29. iv. HERMAN CLYDE GRAMLIN, b. June 13, 1913, KY; d. October 30, 1978, Glasgow, KY.
30. v. RUTH GRAMLIN, b. November 26, 1916; d. March 26, 2001, T. J. Samson Hosp., Glasgow, Ky..
31. vi. FRANKLIN GRAMLIN, b. January 17, 1919.
32. vii. WILLIAM WESLEY GRAMLIN, b. October 22, 1920; d. April 26, 1993.
33. viii. ERNEST MARSHALL GRAMLIN, b. May 08, 1926, Monroe Co., KY; d. April 15, 1992.
21. Eva6 Gramlin (Henry Harman5, Joseph M.4 Gramblin, Henry3 Gramling, Martin Luther2, Adam1) was born September 19, 188294. She married Joe William Goode94.
Notes for Eva Gramlin:
Sewell had name as Evie
Children of Eva Gramlin and Joe Goode are:
i. MARY MALISSA ELLEN7 GOODE94, b. September 29, 190094; d. September 07, 195194; m. ? MANSFIELD94.
ii. VERA HAZEL GOODE94, b. June 20, 190494; m. ? RICHEY94.
Notes for VERA HAZEL GOODE:
Sewell has first name listed as both Vera and Verna
iii. HENRY RAYMOND GOODE94, b. August 24, 190794; d. March 08, 198095.
Notes for HENRY RAYMOND GOODE:
SSI info = last address, Tompkinsville, Monroe Co., KY.
KY Death Index - HENRY R GOODE Date 800308 Age 072 Place BARRN Residence MONROE Volume 010 Cert 04556 Deathvol 80
22. Ada6 Gramlin (Henry Harman5, Joseph M.4 Gramblin, Henry3 Gramling, Martin Luther2, Adam1)96 was born January 15, 188597. She married Johnny Brown97.
Notes for Ada Gramlin:
Coulter has middle name as Jan
Notes for Johnny Brown:
Sewell lists name as John G.
Child of Ada Gramlin and Johnny Brown is:
i. ONA7 BROWN98, m. ? BALDOCK98.
23. Levi6 Gramlin (Henry Harman5, Joseph M.4 Gramblin, Henry3 Gramling, Martin Luther2, Adam1) was born February 03, 188999, and died September 26, 1959 in Glasgow, Ky.100. He married Hattie Belle Sherfey101, daughter of Jacob Sherfey and Ella Berry. She was born June 23, 1895102, and died August 21, 1980 in Glasgow, Ky.102.
Notes for Levi Gramlin:
Death Cert. Info: Date 590926 Age 070 Place BARRN Residence BARREN Volume 042 Cert 20557 Deathvol 59
Notes for Hattie Belle Sherfey:
KY Death Index: HATTIE B GRAMLIN Date 800821 Age 085 Place BARRN Residence BARREN Volume 037 Cert 18390
Children of Levi Gramlin and Hattie Sherfey are:
i. EDWARD RAY7 GRAMLIN, m. LOUISE ?103.
ii. SAMUEL PAUL GRAMLIN104, b. Abt. 1914, Barren Co., KY104; d. Abt. 1950, IN105; m. VERDA MAE BARBOUR106; b. Abt. 1913, Barren Co., KY107; d. June 26, 1990108.
Notes for SAMUEL PAUL GRAMLIN:
Beatrice Green notes: Had no children.; Died in an automobile accident, probably in So. Indiana, around 1950
Notes for VERDA MAE BARBOUR:
Source: The Courier-Journal Louisville, KY June 28, 1990 Obituary: GLASGOW -- Verda Mae Barbour Gramlin, 78, died here Tuesday. Funeral, 11 a.m. Friday, Hatcher & Saddler Funeral Home. Visitation after 5 p.m. Thursday.
34. iii. JOE TURNER GRAMLIN, b. September 1915; d. October 05, 2000, Barren Co Health Care Center, Glasgow, Ky..
35. iv. ESTER MAY GRAMLIN, b. Abt. 1917.
v. GILMORE B. GRAMLIN109, b. May 19, 1919, Barren Co., KY109; d. January 07, 1991; m. (1) BERTHA LEE MARTIN109, 1961, Barren Co., Ky.109; m. (2) AMY HAZEL RIGNEY109, October 08, 1974, Barren Co., Ky.109; b. May 01, 1917, Barren Co., KY109.
Notes for GILMORE B. GRAMLIN:
KY Death Index: GILMORE GRAMLIN Deathdate 19910107 Age 071 Sex male Race White Placecode 050 Place HART Residence 005 Volume 002 Cert 00842 Deathvol 91
The Courier-Journal Louisville, KY January 10, 1991 Obituary: GLASGOW -- Gilmore Gramlin, 71, died here Monday. Funeral, 1 p.m. Thursday, Hatcher & Saddler Funeral Home.
Notes for AMY HAZEL RIGNEY:
Name used on Marriage Bond was Mayes.
36. vi. ANNIE ELLA GRAMLIN.
37. vii. BIRTHA CHRISTINE GRAMLIN, b. May 22, 1920.
38. viii. VIRGIL E. GRAMLIN, b. July 01, 1922; d. September 21, 1993, Henryville, Clark Co., In 47143.
ix. IRENE GRAMLIN, b. May 11, 1925, Barren Co., KY110; m. ROY LEE HILL111, November 25, 1943, Burkesville, KY111; b. Abt. 1917, Metcalfe Co., KY111.
Notes for ROY LEE HILL:
Beatrice Green note: Lee may be an assumed middle name.
39. x. MARY LUCY GRAMLIN, b. October 07, 1927, Barren Co., Kentucky; d. March 26, 1999.
40. xi. CECIL LEE GRAMLIN, b. Abt. 1931.
xii. FLORA BELLE GRAMLIN, b. October 05, 1931112; m. (1) BLAINE PIERCY113; m. (2) ? THOMPSON114.
24. Ella E6 Gramlin (Henry Harman5, Joseph M.4 Gramblin, Henry3 Gramling, Martin Luther2, Adam1)115 was born September 20, 1891116. She married Hiley Proffitt116.
Notes for Ella E Gramlin:
Sewell lists name as Ellie
Children of Ella Gramlin and Hiley Proffitt are:
i. CHARLES7 PROFFITT116.
ii. RAY PROFFITT116.
iii. ALVIN PROFFITT116.
iv. ZADA PROFFITT116.
v. CHRISTINE PROFFITT116.
vi. KATHERLINE PROFFITT116.
vii. JAMES PROFFITT116.
viii. ORVILLE PROFFITT116.
ix. PAUL PROFFITT116.
25. Effiie Florence6 Gramlin (John Lloyd5, Joseph M.4 Gramblin, Henry3 Gramling, Martin Luther2, Adam1)117 was born 1877117. She married Vincent Alexander Sewell118.
Children of Effiie Gramlin and Vincent Sewell are:
i. ADA F.7 SEWELL118, b. Abt. 1896118.
ii. HAZEL SEWELL118, b. Abt. 1897118.
iii. JOSEPHENE SEWELL118, b. Abt. 1898118; m. (1) RICHARD RAY118; m. (2) EVERTT TOOLEY118.
iv. VINNIE FRANCES SEWELL118, b. 1901118; m. EDWARD DEE RAY118.
v. WILLIAM HERSHELL SEWELL118, b. 1904118; m. VALLIE ERNIA BIRDWELL118.
vi. EMMA FINLY SEWELL118, b. 1906118; d. 1987118; m. WILLIAM AUGUST SCHEPKE118.
vii. IVY AGNES SEWELL118, b. 1908118; d. 1908118.
viii. MADIE CLIDE SEWELL118, b. 1910118; d. 1961118; m. BOYD T. PITCOCK118.
ix. FRANK LEONARD SEWELL118, m. ROXIE REDFORD118.
x. CLARENCE SEWELL118, b. 1914118; d. 1914118.
xi. CLOVIE MORIE SEWELL118, b. 1914118; d. 1977118; m. MAX DAVIE MOODY118.
Generation No. 7
26. Hershel Lee7 Gramlin (Walter Lawrence6, Henry Harman5, Joseph M.4 Gramblin, Henry3 Gramling, Martin Luther2, Adam1)119 was born July 23, 1907120, and died June 04, 1937120. He married Beulah Mae Birge121. She was born October 29, 1913122.
Children of Hershel Gramlin and Beulah Birge are:
i. DALE DEAN8 GRAMLIN123.
41. ii. EDDIE GRAMLIN, b. November 27, 1931; d. January 07, 1977.
iii. BEDFORD BOYD GRAMLIN123, b. February 27, 1934123; d. March 01, 1936123.
iv. INFANT GRAMLIN124, b. March 18, 1936124; d. March 18, 1936124.
27. Ruby Ann7 Gramlin (Walter Lawrence6, Henry Harman5, Joseph M.4 Gramblin, Henry3 Gramling, Martin Luther2, Adam1)125 was born July 17, 1909 in KY126, and died October 15, 1980 in Glasgow, KY127. She married Eddie Bryant Francis128, son of Henry Francis and Fidelia Hammer. He was born April 06, 1903 in Barren Co., KY128, and died March 24, 1977 in Barren Co., KY129.
Notes for Ruby Ann Gramlin:
KY Death Index: RUBY A FRANCIS Date 801015 Age 071 Place BARRN Residence BARREN Volume 058 Cert 28626 Deathvol 80
Notes for Eddie Bryant Francis:
KY Death Index: BRYANT FRANCIS Date 770324 Age 073 Place BARRN Residence BARREN Volume 015 Cert 07188 Deathvol 77
Children of Ruby Gramlin and Eddie Francis are:
42. i. EDDIE BRYANT8 FRANCIS, JR., b. June 06, 1927.
43. ii. WILLA MAE FRANCIS, b. June 06, 1927; d. 1969, Barren Co., KY.
44. iii. MARGARET JOYCE FRANCIS, b. August 23, 1934.
45. iv. HENRY EARL FRANCIS, b. May 28, 1942.
28. Ova Mae7 Gramlin (Walter Lawrence6, Henry Harman5, Joseph M.4 Gramblin, Henry3 Gramling, Martin Luther2, Adam1)130 was born May 20, 1911 in KY130, and died October 10, 1985 in Barren Co., KY131. She married Hascal Francis132.
Notes for Ova Mae Gramlin:
KY Death Index: OVA M FRANCIS Date 851010 Age 074 Place BARRN Residence BARREN Volume 050 Cert 24615 Deathvol 85
Children of Ova Gramlin and Hascal Francis are:
i. HELEN8 FRANCIS132, m. ROBERT RODER132.
ii. JEAN FRANCIS132, m. RICHARD BYBEE132.
iii. PATRICIA FRANCIS132, m. HERSHEL KERLEY132.
46. iv. HOWARD EVANS FRANCIS.
v. VERA NELL FRANCIS132, m. LEONARD MCCOY132.
29. Herman Clyde7 Gramlin (Walter Lawrence6, Henry Harman5, Joseph M.4 Gramblin, Henry3 Gramling, Martin Luther2, Adam1)133 was born June 13, 1913 in KY134, and died October 30, 1978 in Glasgow, KY135. He married Alma R. Burgess136 October 13, 1941 in Clay County, TN136. She was born 1917137, and died 1974137.
Notes for Herman Clyde Gramlin:
KY Death Index: HERMAN C GRAMLIN Date 781030 Age 065 Place BARRN Residence BARREN
Volume 063 Cert 31452 Deathvol 78
Children of Herman Gramlin and Alma Burgess are:
i. BURNELL8 GRAMLIN138.
ii. BARBARA GRAMLIN138.
30. Ruth7 Gramlin (Walter Lawrence6, Henry Harman5, Joseph M.4 Gramblin, Henry3 Gramling, Martin Luther2, Adam1)139 was born November 26, 1916140, and died March 26, 2001 in T. J. Samson Hosp., Glasgow, Ky.141. She married Ned Birge142.
Notes for Ruth Gramlin:
Glasgow Daily Times Obit 3-27-2001
Ruth Gramlin Birge, 84, Glasgow, Ky., died Monday, March 26, 2001 at the T. J. Samson Community Hospital.
A native of Monroe County, she was the daughter of the late Lula Starr and Walter L. Gramlin and the widow of the late Ned Birge. She was a homemaker, a member of the YMCA Sassy Club and a member of the Baptist faith.
Survivors include three sons, Ralph Lee Birge and his wife, Pat, of Mt. Hermon, Gary David Birge and his wife, Mable, of Eighty-Eight and Rondal Birge and his wife, Wanda, of Louisville; nine grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren. In addition to her parents and husband, she was preceded in death by two sons, Billy Dean Birge and Charles Edward Birge; and by five brothers and two sisters. Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Hatcher & Saddler Funeral Home with burial in the White Cemetery in Monroe County. Visitation is in progress at the funeral home.
Children of Ruth Gramlin and Ned Birge are:
i. RALPH LEE8 BIRGE142, m. PAT ?142.
ii. GARY DAVID BIRGE142, m. MABLE ?142.
iii. RONDAL BIRGE142, m. WANDA ?142.
iv. BILLY DEAN BIRGE142.
v. CHARLES EDWARD BIRGE142.
31. Franklin7 Gramlin (Walter Lawrence6, Henry Harman5, Joseph M.4 Gramblin, Henry3 Gramling, Martin Luther2, Adam1)143 was born January 17, 1919143. He married Robbie Murphy143.
Child of Franklin Gramlin and Robbie Murphy is:
i. CHARLES EDWARD8 GRAMLIN143.
32. William Wesley7 Gramlin (Walter Lawrence6, Henry Harman5, Joseph M.4 Gramblin, Henry3 Gramling, Martin Luther2, Adam1)144 was born October 22, 1920145, and died April 26, 1993146. He married Rossie Russell Smalling146.
Notes for William Wesley Gramlin:
The Courier-Journal Louisville, KY April 27, 1993 GLASGOW -- William Gramlin, 72, died Monday in Nashville, Tenn. His wife, Rossie, survives. Funeral, 11 a.m. Wednesday, A.F. Crow & Son Funeral Home. Visitation after 5 p.m. Tuesday.
Children of William Gramlin and Rossie Smalling are:
i. LARRY8 GRAMLIN147.
ii. RUTH GRAMLIN148, m. ? BIRGE148.
33. Ernest Marshall7 Gramlin (Walter Lawrence6, Henry Harman5, Joseph M.4 Gramblin, Henry3 Gramling, Martin Luther2, Adam1)149 was born May 08, 1926 in Monroe Co., KY150, and died April 15, 1992151. He married Martha Henrietta Bacon152 September 18, 1948 in Barren Co., Ky.153, daughter of Den Bacon and Etta Tolle. She was born October 21, 1927 in Barren Co., Kentucky153.
Notes for Ernest Marshall Gramlin:
The Courier-Journal Louisville, KY April 16, 1992 Obituary: GLASGOW -- Marshall Gramlin, 65, Summer Shade, died here Wednesday. His wife, Henrietta, survives. A. F. Crow & Son Funeral Home is handling arrangements.
Children of Ernest Gramlin and Martha Bacon are:
i. DENNIS8 GRAMLIN154.
ii. MARY LOU GRAMLIN154, b. February 16, 1951, Barren Co., KY155; m. (1) ? ROBINSON156; m. (2) RICHARD ALLEN YOUNG157, June 11, 1970, Barren Co., Ky.157; b. March 07, 1947, Edmore, MI157.
iii. MARCIA GRAMLIN158, m. ? WYATT159.
iv. DONALD EUGENE GRAMLIN160.
34. Joe Turner7 Gramlin (Levi6, Henry Harman5, Joseph M.4 Gramblin, Henry3 Gramling, Martin Luther2, Adam1) was born September 1915, and died October 05, 2000 in Barren Co Health Care Center, Glasgow, Ky.161. He married Edith Mae Davis161. She was born March 24, 1917162, and died June 06, 1965162.
Notes for Joe Turner Gramlin:
Glasgow Daily Times, Thursday, 5 Oct 2000 Obit. Joe T. Gramlin Glasgow, KY Died Thursday, 5 Oct 2000, Barren Co Health Care Center, age 85. Son of: Levi an Hattie Shurfey(Sherfey) Gramlin, decd.
Retired from Tyson Bearing; retired minister; honorary member of Gethsemane Baptist Church.
Survivors: Daughters: Frances Cash and husband Randal of Glasgow and Mary Ann Ayer of Lexington, SC Brothrs: Cecil and Ray Gramlin, both of IN Sisters: Irene Hill of Glasgow; Christine Barber(Barbour) of Glasgow and Flora (B)bell Thompson of Bowling Green, KY. Preceded also in death by: Wife: Edith Mae Davis Gramlin Brothers: Paul, Virgil and Gilmore Gramlin Sisters: Annie Watson, Ester Taylor(Garner) and Mary Lucy Dugard Services: 1 pm Saturday 7 Oct 2000, Hatcher and Saddler Funeral Home, burial Poplar Log Cemetery.
The Courier-Journal Louisville, KY October 07, 2000 Obituary: GLASGOW - Joe T. Gramlin, 85, died here Thursday. Funeral: 1 p.m.Saturday, Hatcher & Saddler Funeral Home. Visitation anytime.
Notes for Edith Mae Davis:
Death Cert. Info: Date 650606 Age 048 Place BARRN Residence BARREN Volume 030 Cert 14521 Deathvol 65
Children of Joe Gramlin and Edith Davis are:
47. i. SARAH FRANCES8 GRAMLIN.
48. ii. MARY ANN GRAMLIN.
35. Ester May7 Gramlin (Levi6, Henry Harman5, Joseph M.4 Gramblin, Henry3 Gramling, Martin Luther2, Adam1) was born Abt. 1917163. She married Taylor Garner164.
Notes for Ester May Gramlin:
Death Cert. Info: 19920128 Age 075 female White Placecode 005 Place BARRN Residence 205 Volume 005 Cert 02435 Deathvol 92
Children of Ester Gramlin and Taylor Garner are:
i. ANNIE MAE8 GARNER165.
ii. JUDY GARNER165, m. DAVID COMPTON165.
iii. JACK GARNER165.
iv. JOE LEE GARNER165.
v. HERTIS EARL GARNER165.
36. Annie Ella7 Gramlin (Levi6, Henry Harman5, Joseph M.4 Gramblin, Henry3 Gramling, Martin Luther2, Adam1) She married (1) Elzie Watson165. She married (2) ? Hicks165.
Notes for Annie Ella Gramlin:
KY Death Index: ANNIE E HICKS Date 760503 Age 065 Place BARRN Residence METCALFE
Volume 020 Cert 09900 Deathvol 76
Notes for Elzie Watson:
Unconfirmed but probable KY Death Index Info: ELZIE B WATSON Date 650316 Age 076
Place BARRN Residence BARREN Volume 014 Cert 06831 Deathvol 65
Children of Annie Gramlin and Elzie Watson are:
i. ELLA MAE8 WATSON165.
ii. ELZIE LEE WATSON165.
iii. EARL B. WATSON165.
37. Birtha Christine7 Gramlin (Levi6, Henry Harman5, Joseph M.4 Gramblin, Henry3 Gramling, Martin Luther2, Adam1) was born May 22, 1920. She married John Raymond Barbour September 11, 1943, son of John Barbour and Mary Davidson. He was born November 29, 1906, and died April 15, 1976.
Notes for John Raymond Barbour:
KY Death Index: JOHN R BARBOUR Date 760415 Age 069 Place BARRN Residence BARREN Volume 015 Cert 07005 Deathvol 76
Children of Birtha Gramlin and John Barbour are:
i. BIRTHA MAE8 BARBOUR, b. June 1944; d. June 1944.
Notes for BIRTHA MAE BARBOUR:
Lived 8 days.
Death Cert. Info: BERTHA M BARBOUR Date 440628 Age U/1 Place BARRN Residence BARREN Volume 031 Cert 15121 Deathvol 44
49. ii. BEATRICE IRENE BARBOUR, b. February 18, 1946, Glasgow, Ky..
50. iii. JOHN ROBERT BARBOUR, b. April 05, 1948.
51. iv. ETTA RUTH BARBOUR, b. March 13, 1952, T.J. Samson Hosp. Glasgow, Ky..
52. v. BRENDA GAIL BARBOUR, b. July 23, 1955, Barren Co., KY.
vi. JERRY RANDOLPH BARBOUR, b. February 03, 1961, T.J. Samson Hosp. Glasgow, Ky.; d. February 03, 1961, T.J. Samson Hosp. Glasgow, Ky..
38. Virgil E.7 Gramlin (Levi6, Henry Harman5, Joseph M.4 Gramblin, Henry3 Gramling, Martin Luther2, Adam1) was born July 01, 1922, and died September 21, 1993 in Henryville, Clark Co., In 47143166. He married (1) Cellie Rose Broaddus167 August 22, 1941 in Barren Co., Ky.167, daughter of Calla Broaddus and Veler Graham. She was born September 10, 1923168, and died September 23, 1960168. He married (2) Roberta Abbott169, daughter of Charles Abbott and Iva Montgomery. She was born March 28, 1927170.
Notes for Virgil E. Gramlin:
Source: The Courier-Journal Louisville, KY September 23, 1993 Obituary: MEMPHIS -- Virgil L. Gramlin, 71, died Tuesday at The Medical Center of Southern Indiana in Charlestown. He was a native of Glasgow, Ky., and a retired employee of Distillers Chemical Corp. in Louisville. Survivors: his wife, the former Roberta Abbott; a son, John E. Gramlin; a daughter, Karen Black; a stepson, Robert E. Vest of Corydon; four sisters, Mary Dugard of Clarksville, Irene Hill, Flora Belle Thompson and Christine Barber, all of Glasgow; three brothers, Ray Gramlin of Fredericksburg, Cecil Gramlin of Jeffersonville and Joe Gramlin of Glasgow; five grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren. Funeral: 11 a.m. Friday, R. D. Pyke Funeral Service, Henryville. Burial: Mount Zion Cemetery, Henryville. Visitation: 3-9 p.m. Thursday.
Notes for Cellie Rose Broaddus:
Death Cert. Info: CELIE GRAMLIN Date 600723 Age 036 Place JEFFN Residence INDIANA Volume 035 Cert 17424 Deathvol 60
Child of Virgil Gramlin and Cellie Broaddus is:
i. JOHN E.8 GRAMLIN171.
39. Mary Lucy7 Gramlin (Levi6, Henry Harman5, Joseph M.4 Gramblin, Henry3 Gramling, Martin Luther2, Adam1) was born October 07, 1927 in Barren Co., Kentucky172, and died March 26, 1999173. She married JohnClifton Dugard174 October 04, 1941 in Barren Co., Ky.174, son of John Dugard and Lena ?. He was born Abt. 1913 in Barren Co., Kentucky174.
Notes for Mary Lucy Gramlin:
Rootsweb Obit. Info: DUGARD, Mary G (GRAMLIN); 73; Glasgow KY>Clarksville IN; NAT; 1999-3-28; spc
The Courier-Journal Louisville, KY March 27, 1999 Obituary: JEFFERSONVILLE - Mary Gramlin Dugard, 73, died Friday at Clark Memorial Hospital. She was a native of Glasgow, Ky., and a former housekeeper at Colonial Inn in Clarksville, and she attended First Baptist Church in Sellersburg.
Survivors: sons Clifton R., Jimmie and James A. Dugard; a daughter, Janet Johnson; brothers Joe, Ray and Cecil Gramlin; sisters Irene Hill, Christine Taylor(Barbour) and Flora Belle Thompson; seven grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren. Funeral: 1 p.m. Monday, Scott. Burial: Walnut Ridge. Visitation: after 10 a.m. Monday. Memorial gifts: Memphis Christian Church.
Children of Mary Gramlin and JohnClifton Dugard are:
i. CLIFTON R.8 DUGARD175.
ii. JIMMIE DUGARD175.
iii. JAMES ALVIN DUGARD176.
iv. JANET DUGARD177, m. ? JOHNSON177.
40. Cecil Lee7 Gramlin (Levi6, Henry Harman5, Joseph M.4 Gramblin, Henry3 Gramling, Martin Luther2, Adam1) was born Abt. 1931. He married Bercie Broaddus178 October 18, 1947 in Barren Co., Ky.178, daughter of Calla Broaddus and Veler Graham. She was born April 14, 1929 in Indiana179, and died January 15, 1998 in Clarksville, Clark Co. In. 47131179.
Children of Cecil Gramlin and Bercie Broaddus are:
i. LINDA LEE8 GRAMLIN180.
ii. DAVID GRAMLIN180.
iii. PORTER PAUL GRAMLIN180.
iv. SHEILA GRAMLIN180.
v. MARY FAYE GRAMLIN180.
vi. BILLY RAY GRAMLIN180.
I have a couple of additional generations, if you want them.