Search for content in message boards

cornett-whitley gang

cornett-whitley gang

katy cornett (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jul 2005 10:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
trying to research brack cornett of goliad texas. i believe he is descended from samuel cornett of clay county ky, if bracks father was laborn cornett.trying to tie together the branches of the cornetts that went west.interested to know if this brack was part of the outlaw gang
thanks

Re: cornett-whitley gang

Posted: 22 Aug 2006 9:59PM GMT
Katy, Don't know if you found your answer to Brack Cornett, but he was the son of Laban Cornett by a second marriage. Brack was also a member of the Cornett/Whitley gang and was killed in SouthWest Texas.
Laban Cornett was my GGGgrandfather.

Lynn Cornett

katy (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2006 10:24PM GMT
no i never did find the connection i was looking for...one of my great grand dads had some sons that went west with their Indian wives and i believe Brack is a cousin down from one of those sons. do you have any idea if your family may have been in Ky at one time?
thanks for responding!:)

Posted: 25 Jan 2007 1:10AM GMT
Hi Katy,
Who are you looking for from Kentucky? My Husband's 4th great grandfather was Roger Cornett. He lived in Kentucky with three of his brothers-Nathaniel,William and Samuel. He had a son Samuel who eventually relocated to Texas. Samuel had five sons, two of whom were Laban and John Henry. John Henry is my husband's great-great grandfather. Laban was the father of Brack Cornett. I have some information on the Kentucky Cornetts, I'm not sure if you already have all you need. Lynn Cornett has alot on the family once they expand in Texas. Let me know if you would like to contact me.

Posted: 21 Sep 2009 1:28AM GMT
Surnames: Cornett
I hope you are still on this site!! My 5th great grandfather was Nathanial Cornett (Cornet) whom I believe would be your relatives brother (Roger). The 1820 census lists them as brothers. Would you have any information on Nathanial? Thanks, Peggy Cornett-Kay

Posted: 21 Sep 2009 8:46PM GMT
Surnames: cornett
Hey Peggy!..i actually havent been on here in forever. I just recently moved so my research is still in boxes but I will sift through asap for info on Nathanial. my email is kentuckykatyathotmaildotcom if you need to contact me outside of here.ttyl
katy

Posted: 5 Nov 2009 3:43AM GMT
Hello, I saw your post to Katy. She and I have been emailing about the Cornetts. My ancestor was Nathaniel Cornett, the brother of your ancestor. Do you have any information about them? My Cornett relatives settled in Missouri. What area did the Texas Cornetts settle? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks, Peggy Cornett-Kay

Posted: 5 Nov 2009 4:03PM GMT
Hey there!
What information do you already have? I am happy to provide anything I've got. My notes are all over the place since I am studying up on several families, but I'll gather my Cornett papers and look into Nathaniel. His brother,Roger, had a son named Samuel that relocated to Missouri as well for twenty years before moving to Texas. I live in Kansas City right now so I'm close to Johnson and Henry Counties where many of them lived. Let me know! Where are you living at the moment? Are you familiar with the Cornett Papers located at the University of Missouri? I believe they are about the Cornett farm owned by Nathaniel's great-great grandson,William Lewis Cornett. Hope to hear from you, Cathy Cornett

Posted: 5 Nov 2009 5:46PM GMT
Cathy Dont'know if you were trying to contact me or Peggy Cornett-Kay. I'm at Cornett71@embarqmail.com. Also I copied one of your photos on Michael Weldon the other day

Posted: 5 Nov 2009 5:48PM GMT
Peggy Contact Me at Cornett71@embarqmail.com
Lynn Cornett
per page

Find a board about a specific topic