Search for content in message boards

Megos in Wisc. Any Info??

Megos in Wisc. Any Info??

Posted: 28 May 2004 6:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jun 2006 12:09AM GMT
Surnames: Megos, Dart
Looking for Stanley Megos info. Looks like strong connection to Wisconsin. He was in the Coast Guard, died in Waukesha County (?) Was married to my grandmother, Mae Dart of Connecticut, 2 sons still living in CT I have also found a Bolera Megos who died in Orlean Parish, Louisiana abt.1904?
Perhaps name was different than his parents...
Any help would be appreciated! Thanks....

Re: Megos in Wisc. Any Info??

Posted: 2 Jun 2004 2:19PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jan 2005 1:41AM GMT
Did a search of the indexes for 1900, 1910 & 1920 Census and this is what I came up with:

MEGOS ANTON 30 M W GREE IL COOK 4-WD CHICAGO 1920

MEGOS ANZELOS LUIS 26 M W GREE MA PLYMOUTH 1-WD BROCKTON 1910

MEGOS HARY A 48 M W KS CA HUMBOLDT ROHNERVILLE TWP 1910

MEGOS HELEN 20 F W MI IL COOK 35-WD CHICAGO 1920

MEGOS PETER 20 M W GREE MN CLAY 1-WD MOORHEAD 1910

MEGOS SOPHRONIA 16 F B GA GA FULTON 4-WD ATLANTA 1900

Posted: 2 Jun 2004 9:07PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2006 12:09AM GMT
Surnames: Megos
Thank you for your help! I have found Stanley from 1930 census in California (while he was in the Coast Guard) and his death info...
passed away in Waukeesha County, Wisc., etc. I have tried to trace him backwards but I'm afraid the Megos name might be a derivative of some sort...I did find a Wilhelm Megos in 1884 immigration records from Prussia but again, another dead end. Last thing I found w/ promise was "Bolera Megos" dec., Orleans Parish, LA..... anything is appreciated!!!

Posted: 24 Feb 2012 11:59AM GMT
Hope you get this because I had a worse problem. My grandfather Joseph was Stanleys brother who changed his name to Adams. Recently found his birth certificate so I have done a little digging. Maybe we can help each other.

Posted: 26 Feb 2012 1:30PM GMT
Surnames: Megos
HI!
Yes! I DO KNOW THAT JOSEPH CHANGED HIS NAME TO ADAMS!!
I'm SO glad you found me! I have been collaborating w/ another "MEGOS' researcher from the Chicago area...her Grandmother was Augusta or "Gussie" Megos, a sibling of Stanley & Joseph. She has been instrumental in breaking down some of the brick walls I kept hitting! Because of her, I was able to send pics of Stanley Sr. to my Dad, 1 of Stanley's two sons!
I DO have quite a bit MEGOS info I am more than happy to share. Pls. feel free to contact me through this site or my private mail (joanne DOT joslin AT g mail DOT com...a pitiful attempt to fool spammers (lol!) Of course, Just sub period s for dots!
LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU! I will contact the other MEGOS researcher and put you in touch w/ her as well if you'd like...

Posted: 8 Oct 2012 9:53PM GMT
Surnames: Megos, Adams
I had to put my research on 'hold' for a bit. I apologize. Can we try to connect via private messaging to share info about the "Megos" (Adams) family connections?

Posted: 25 Oct 2012 11:18PM GMT
Edited: 25 Oct 2012 11:18PM GMT
I sent you an email after I read your recent message. Been in the same boat trying to find time. love to hear from you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions