Search for content in message boards

Francis Marion Reeves Pike & Coffee County, AL

Francis Marion Reeves Pike & Coffee County, AL

Posted: 18 Aug 2008 1:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for info, especially parents of Francis Marion Reeves born about 1822. There is a Francis M. Reeves in the hh of Jacob Sherley in 1850 Pike Co., AL. I believe this is the Francis Marion Reeves who married Rebecca Jones and lived west of Cool Springs Baptist Church, south of Enterprise in Coffee Co. in 1860.

Has anyone found him in 1870? Who are his parents?

His daughter, Anna, bought 160 acres of land west of Cool Springs Baptist Church in 1892. The land patent states that Anna is a minor child of Rebecca A. Reeves, deceased. Later, Anna's sisters, Matt and Viola Reeves lived on the land she patented.

Re: Francis Marion Reeves Pike & Coffee County, AL

Posted: 19 Jul 2011 1:01AM GMT
Edited: 19 Jul 2011 1:02AM GMT
Surnames: Reeves Jones
I realize it's been almost three years since you posted this query, but I'm in the exact same spot with my research - was wondering if you'd found any further information on this family. In addition to Francis Marion Reeves' parents, I'm also looking for more information on Rebecca Jones' family. Did you find them in 1870?

Re: Francis Marion Reeves Pike & Coffee County, AL

Posted: 19 Jul 2011 3:34AM GMT
I only have further info on some of the family.

I have Rebecca Jones in 1850, 1860, and 1880. I posted her grave on findagrave at Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church in Coffee Co., AL. Her daughter, Viola, is buried there. I suspect Matt was buried there but I'm not sure.

Since you only asked if I had found Rebecca in 1870, I suspect you have found her in 1850 and 1860. Her father is in 1870 Geneva Co., AL. Rebecca should have been in 1870 but I've found no record. She has a daughter, Anna, born abt 1871 so, her father should still be alive in 1870.

If you want to e-mail me, I'll be glad to exchange info.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions