Search for content in message boards

Pleasant (Pleas) Lee

Pleasant (Pleas) Lee

Michelle (Lee) Favors (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 2000 9:10PM GMT
I am looking for information about Pleasant Lee ,DOB about 1867 in Limestone County, Athens, Alabama. He is the brother of Matthew Lee, Mary Lee, and Adline Lee. He is the son of Nancy Lee (father unknown) and the grandson of Caswell and Annie J.(Sharp)Lee of Caswell, North Carolina.
He came to Limestone County around 1900, but had returned to Texas (possibly Harris County, TX-Houston) before 1910 census. He was a carpenter at the time that he was in Alabama. If you have any information on him or any relations, please reply. Thank you!

LEE INFO.

JANICE MURPHY (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 2000 7:23PM GMT
MICHELLE,
PLEASE KEEP ME UPDATED ON THIS INFO. IF YOU WILL.
THANKS,
JANICE

Re: Pleasant (Pleas) Lee

Posted: 8 Oct 2002 2:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lee, Lovell
Hello:

This is a response to a query for information about PLEASANT EARL LEE.

PLEASANT EARL LEE was my great-grandfather. I am just beginning to gather information about his family.

One of the daughters of PLEASANT EARL LEE said before she died that PLEASANT EARL LEE had two brothers (whose names she didn't know) and two sisters -- ADELINE COTTRELL (of Wynnewood, Oklahoma; married R.C. COTTRELL) and "JOSIE" CHAMBERS (of Alabama; probably married RICHARD CHAMBERS). "Josie" is a mystery because no "Josie" appears in the census for NANCY LEE's household, but it is likely that "Josie" is the MARY J. LEE in the census. The brothers are MATTHEW LEE and probably FRANCIS LEE.

I have just found a descendant of MATTHEW LEE who has information on his line should you need that.

PLEASANT EARL LEE
born 25 Oct 1867, Alabama, probably Lauderdale County near Rogersville;
died 10 Oct 1938, Upland, San Bernardino Co, California;
buried at Bellevue Memorial Park, Ontario, San Bernardino Co, California.

PLEASANT EARL LEE married (approx 1891) SARAH ALICE LOVELL (b. 6 April 1876, Athens, Limestone Co., AL; d. 27 Sep 1955, Ontario, San Bernardino Co., CA; buried Bellevue Memorial Park, Ontario, CA)

They moved from Alabama to Texas then to Oklahoma. They lived in Wynnewood, Garvin Co., OK before moving to California in August 1938.

I don't have all the children's birth/marriage/death data gathered yet, but here are all the names I know of (not in order):

Linnie Mae LEE
Ed C. LEE
Ethel Marticia LEE
Lon/Lonnie LEE
Connie LEE (male, died young)
Leonard LEE
David Loran LEE (my grandfather)
Pleasant Earl LEE Jr. (changed his name to Melvin Earl, known as "Bud")

All but Linnie moved to California. Lon and I believe "Bud" returned to Oklahoma. Linnie lived in Louisiana after marrying.

Anybody with an interest in this family line, please contact me and let me know what other information we might share.

Michelle, how did you know that Pleasant Earl Lee had gone to Limestone County? Also, where did you find out that he was a carpenter at the time he was in Alabama? Please let me know. Thank you!

Regards,

Leslie

G.Lindsay (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2003 4:10AM GMT
Hi,
My 2nd great uncle Pleas only had one brother and he had the two sisters you mentioned. Pleas and Alice were married Jan.29,1893 in Limestone Co. by J.M. Noblitt. My line is his sister Josie. Please fell free to e-mail me. I also have a few pictures of the family, I would love one of Pleas' to go with them.

Posted: 28 Mar 2003 5:23AM GMT
Surnames: Lee
Hello:

Thank you for the reply. We have been hoping to find a relative of Josie Lee. It is so nice that you responded.

I will e-mail you directly.

Kindest regards,

Leslie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions