Search for content in message boards

1830 Dale Co. Alabama Census (Allen Cooley)

1830 Dale Co. Alabama Census (Allen Cooley)

Despina Lalas (View posts)
Posted: 16 May 2000 8:19PM GMT
Can anyone tell me where the following Allen Cooley, who is listed on the
1830 Dale County Alabama Census, fits into the Cooley family and who were
his children and wife. Where did they end up?

Allen Cooley born Appx 1770
Wife born Appx 1770
Male Child born Appx 1815
Male Child born Appx 1810
Female Child born Appx 1815
Female Child born Appx 1800

Any help appreciated.
D.Lalas
ellinas@bellsouth.net

Allen Cooley

Posted: 11 Jun 2000 1:25PM GMT
Edited: 27 Mar 2004 5:05PM GMT
I have an Allen Cooley b abt 1780 and d 1850 in Holmer County, FL. after 1850. He married Rebecca Andrews 1798 and she died 1840 in Alabama before 1840. Children: Joel b 1800 SC
, Allen Jr. b 1805-SC, James A., Isaac, and 5 others(?). Your Allen was brother to my William.

Allen Cooley - children`

Posted: 20 Jun 2000 1:42PM GMT
Edited: 13 Apr 2002 3:52PM GMT
I am looking for a James Cooley who might be the one listed as child, James A - grew up in Alabama and married Jane Morrow. Can't find anything on Jane, but they had a child William Leonard Cooley (Mexia, Texas) who was my grandfather. Any help?

Allen Cooley

Posted: 24 Jun 2000 7:12AM GMT
Edited: 27 Mar 2004 5:05PM GMT
I just checked my file and I show that my Allen Cooley died in Holmes Co., FL. I don't have a wife listed for his son, James A. and I don't have a William Leonard listed, at all. If you make a connection, let me know. Sorry I wasn't much help.
Dee

JAMES A COOLEY

Despina Lalas (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2000 6:40PM GMT
Dee:
What were your grandfathers brother and sisters names?
It seems like usually there is a pattern they all
maintain when naming their children. This might could help
knowing.
Despina

Cooley's from Georgia

Posted: 26 Jun 2000 8:04AM GMT
Edited: 13 Apr 2002 3:52PM GMT
Despina: I have found that its a James E. Cooley, not "A" as the middle initial.

Also, since I am just messing around with this, I will send to my mother's brother Reamon Cooley in Rice, Texas to tell me what he knows before I go on. Thank you for answering my msg...Dee

Allen Cooley

Lynne (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 2000 8:33PM GMT
Dee:
How are you related to Allen Cooley that died In Holmes County Florida.
So am I. He is who I am researching.
Thank you
Lynne

Allen Cooley

Patsy (Cooley) Seekins (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jul 2000 4:33PM GMT
I am related to Allen Cooley. Allen Cooley is my great-great-great grandfather. My great-aunt Pearl Cooley had done quite a bit of research on the Cooley Family. Allen Cooley and Rebecca Andrews had seven children: Joel, Allen, Hubert, James, John, Stephen (my great-great grandfather), and William. Please email me and let me know what you would like to have. If you can send me your physical address, I can send you what I have. I've been trying to update our family history and there is a lot of information. Talk to you later.

Patsy

Allen Cooley

Patsy (Cooley) Seekins (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 2000 6:48PM GMT
Hi Dee,
My name is Patsy (Cooley) Seekins and I am from Slagle, Louisiana. My lineage is as follows:
Carl Cooley - father
Levi Cooley - grandfather
Francis Marion Cooley - ggrandfather
Stephen Cooley - gggrandfather
Allen Cooley - ggggrandfather
John A. Cooley - gggggrandfather
Are you kin to Allen Cooley? Please email me at seekins@dellnet.com. I have a lot of information. Thanks

Re: Allen Cooley

Posted: 16 Jan 2005 6:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Jan 2005 6:30PM GMT
Surnames: Cooley, gant, tant, blunt
can you tell me if you have ANYTHING in your files on Allen Jr, and his two sons Allen III and James? Did they enlist during the CW, and did they return? I cannot find anything on them after 1860 census. Also, the sisters Sara (Gant or Tant) and Mary A Blunt (son Ben) disappear. Can you tell me anything about them, or if they had additional children?

I also need to know if the name Cooley could have changed for some reason to Cooey?
Thanks for your time.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions