Search for content in message boards

Hamons to Hammonds "Henderson"

Hamons to Hammonds "Henderson"

Deborah Sturgill (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2002 1:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hammonds, Johnson, Lovell, Sturgill, Sampson, Clark, Shook, Collins
My husband's gr gr grandfather was Henderson Hammonds of Clinchport, VA and he married a Helen M. Johnson of Piney Flats, TN. They had the following children, that I know of:
Hiram R. Hammonds born 1870 married Etta Sampson 1923
R.N.B. Hammonds born approx 1876 married 1897 Elizabeth Clark: remarried Mary Shook 1941.
Nancy Hammonds ????
Hesler L. Minnie Hammonds (born 1874)

Does anyone have any information on the parents of this Henderson Hammonds?
I also found a J.H. Hammonds and an A.Y. Hammonds that married into the family later.
Thanks,
Deborah Sturgill
Washington State

Re: Hamons to Hammonds "Henderson"

Posted: 7 Aug 2008 12:54PM GMT
my name is norma RUSH GRAND DAUGHTER OF HIRAM R. HAMMONDS HE IS THE SON OF HELEN M. JOHNSON ANDWILLIAM HENDERSON HAMMONDS OF CLINCHPORT VA.THEY ALSO HAD A SON NAMED ROBERT N.B.HAMMONDS.THE N.B.IN UNCLE ROBERTS NAME IS NAPOLEON BONAPART.QUESTION TO YOU IS ,I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE YOU GOT YOUR INFORMATION ON THE MARRIAGES OF UNCLE ROBERT.I NEVER KNEW THAT HE WAS MARRIED BUT I WAS JUST A LITTLE GIRL THE LAST TIME I SAW HIM.YOU SAY HE WAS MARRIED TO ELIZABETH CLARK IN 1897 AND THAN HIS SECOND WIFE WAS MARY SHOOK AND THAT HE MARRIED HER IN 1941.DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER INFORMATION ON HIM/IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED.ALSO DO YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON EITHER OF HIS WIFES? DO YOU KNOW IF THEY HAD ANY CHILDREN? THANK YOU FOR THE INFORMATION THAT YOU HAVE PUT ON THE MESSAGE BOARD.HOPEING TO HEAR FROM YOU.GOD BLESS YOU.{NORMA.}

Re: Hamons to Hammonds "Henderson"

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 4:18PM GMT
Surnames: Hammonds, Johnsons
Dear Deborah,

I am also trying to track my heritage on my Mother's side, and the similiarities are amazing. My mother's maiden name was Helen M. Johnson. Her Mother's maiden name was Elizabeth Hammonds. According to her marriage license on September 02, 1919, her father was Henderson Hammonds and her Mother was L.Catherine Hammonds. There were many marriage licenses from Wise County, Virginia that listed Henderson Hammonds as the father, but with the Mother being Helen Hammonds. I have been told that Henderson Hammonds was a snake handler, for the Church. Alledgedly, Catherine and Henderson divorced. My Grandmother has 2 sisters, Dora and Lena. Dora's daughter, Katherine Morefield, sought him out after he left, and found he had a new (or previous??) big family. Do you have any information on Henderson Hammonds? My grandmother was born in Nov. 1905, if that helps. Any information would help. Thank you, Deborah Ewing
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions