Search for content in message boards

Obit lookup for Shirley Nicholas please.

Obit lookup for Shirley Nicholas please.

Posted: 15 Jun 2010 4:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Could someone take the time to lookup an obit for Shirley June Nicholas for me? She died in Libertyville on 12/22/2007. I would surely appreciate it. My email is pmitsh@yahoo.com Thanx

Re: Obit lookup for Shirley Nicholas please.

Posted: 15 Jun 2010 5:01PM GMT
News Sun, The (Waukegan, IL) - December 26, 2007 Deceased Name: Shirley T. Nicholas

Shirley T. Nicholas, 82, a Libertyville resident for most of her life, passed away on Saturday, December 22, 2007 at her former home, now owned by her son, in Libertyville.

She was born June 7, 1925 in Mundelein and attended Mundelein elementary schools and Libertyville High School. She was a third generation Lake County native, and a life member of the Libertyville-Mundelein Historical Society. Shirley was also a life-long member of the First Presbyterian Church in Libertyville, where she volunteered for most of her life at the church rummage sales.

Shirley had enjoyed senior living at Spring Meadows, but after an extended illness this fall, returned to her home, passing in her own bedroom, surrounded by her children, grandchildren, extended family and friends.

Surviving are three children, Warren (Eleanor) Nicholas, III and Earl H. Nicholas, both of Libertyville, and Elizabeth (Jim) Walker of Vail, AZ; six grandchildren, Carrie (Mark) Sarver, Warren A. "Nick" Nicholas, Richard Austin Larrabee, Earl and James Larrabee and Frances Walker; six step-grandchildren; and 16 great-grandchildren.

She was preceded in death by her parents, Clayton and Frances Tiffany; and her husband of 62 years, Warren A. Nicholas, Jr. on September 9, 2003.

Funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m. Thursday, December 27 at the BURNETT-DANE FUNERAL HOME, 120 W. Park Ave. (Rt. 176), Libertyville. Interment will be at Lakeside Cemetery. Visitation will be from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. on Wednesday. Memorial contributions can be made to either the Lakeside Cemetery Renovation Fund, P.O. Box 500, Libertyville, IL 60048 or the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Info: 847-362-3009.

News Sun, The (Waukegan, IL)
Date: December 26, 2007

Re: Obit lookup for Shirley Nicholas please.

Posted: 11 Sep 2012 5:24PM GMT
Are you related to Shirley? I am just curious as she and my father were cousins, and I have some pictures, letters etc. relating to her mother Frances.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions