Search for content in message boards

Mary [ARENDALL] SIMPSON

Mary [ARENDALL] SIMPSON

Posted: 18 Mar 2012 4:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Mary was buried 21 MAR 1964 at the Gretna Burial Park in Pittsylvania Co VA. I have gone through my files and done the obvious searches. Can't place her to save my soul. Can any of you good folks save me from eternal torment?

Re: Mary [ARENDALL] SIMPSON

Posted: 20 Mar 2012 2:46AM GMT
Surnames: Arendall, Simpson
Do you have any other information? Perhaps, a birthdate?

Posted: 20 Mar 2012 5:42PM GMT
Afraid not. I've tried various things, census, marriage cemetery records etc. Nor can I find a SS record. The item I found in the Danville Bee is simply a mention of the funeral. Went back several days in the hope of finding the obituary but no luck. I can identify all the Mary's I find and none are likely. Sigh.

Posted: 20 Mar 2012 6:20PM GMT
Surnames: Simpson
According to Cemetery Records Pittsylvania County, Virginia, Volume Four, Published by the VA-NC Piedmont Genealogical Society, August 1999, her dates are 8 Jan 1880 - 19 Mar 1964. She is buried in Section A. The other Simpsons buried in Section A are: Raleigh P. (2 Sept 1910 - 11 July 1947), Mary Mills Simpson (11 Oct 1912 - 26 May 1989) and Richard O. (12 Aug 1952 - 13 Aug 1952). Maybe this will give you some leads.

Posted: 20 Mar 2012 7:09PM GMT
Many thanks for your kindness. I'll put the information to good use.

Posted: 20 Mar 2012 7:15PM GMT
OK. Must be Mary Elizabeth ARENDALL, daughter of William Barksdale & Phebe [DIXON] ARENDALL. I have her birth as 8 JUN 1880 as opposed to 8 JAN 1880 but transcription errors are always an issue. I had discounted her due to a 1910 marriage with William H DOUGLAS. Sloppy of me to miss a second marriage. Again my thanks. My soul can rest easy.

Posted: 21 Mar 2012 2:54AM GMT
Surnames: Arendall, Simpson
You are very welcome....glad to help you solve your mystery.

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 6:31AM GMT
Surnames: Arendall Tankeresley Tankersley
I think Mary would have been my grandmother, Rosa Arendall's sister. I've been looking for information on Rosa's husband - Christopher Tankeresley / Christopher Arendall (there's a story to the last name), but have had little luck. Just wondering if you might know anything?

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 8:19PM GMT
Surnames: Arendall, Tankersley
I found the following. Do you already have them or which do you need?

-Marriage of WT Tankersly and CH Johnson (poss. Cornelia)
-Marriage of Irvin Arendall
-Marriage of Lorene Edith Arendall
-Birth of female to AL and Cordelia Arendall
-1920 census Christopher and Rosa Arendall
-1930 census Rosa (widow) and Cornelia
-1940 census Rosa as boarder
-ancestral file with dates for Christopher and Rosa family

Posted: 11 Jan 2013 11:10PM GMT
Surnames: ARENDALL, JOHNSON, TANKERSLY
My understanding is that Agis Lycurgus Lafayette ARENDALL was the second husband of Cornelia Henrietta JOHNSON. Cornelia's first husband was William T TANKERSLY. William and Cornelia were Christopher's parents and Agis was his stepfather.

Don't know much else though I believe William T's father was Charles T TANKERSLY.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions