Search for content in message boards

William Cole - Chatham County, NC bef 1824

William Cole - Chatham County, NC bef 1824

Richard Pickett (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: COLE
Seek descendants of William Cole, Revolutionary War Veteran to attend the Cole Family Reunion at Lystra Baptist Chutch, Chapel Hill, NC. Fourth Sunday in September.
COLE Family Reunion
http://home.naxs.com/rfpickett/index.html

Family Group Record
============================================================
Husband: Private William COLE
------------------------------------------------------------ Birth: bef 1755 VA

Property: 14 Aug 1770 170 acres

Tax List: 1771 Bute County, NC

Property: 23 Feb 1771 Bute County, NC

Property: 14 Feb 1776 Bute County, NC

Military: 25 Jan 1777 Chatham County, NC

Property: 1 Apr 1780 75 acres

Tax List: 1781 Hawtree District, Warren County, NC

Property: 30 Jan 1786 Warren County, NC

Property: 20 Mar 1786 640 acres

Census: 1790 Hillsborough, Orange County, NC

Will: 1 Aug 1823 Chatham County, NC

Death: bef Nov 1824 Chatham County, NC

Probate: Nov 1824 Chatham County, NC

Marriage: 1775 NC

Father: Samuel COLE Sr. ??

Mother:
Wife: Elizabeth "Betty" HERNDON
------------------------------------------------------------

Birth: abt 1758 VA

Will: 29 Apr 1833 Chatham County, NC

Death: bet 1833-1833 Chatham County, NC

Probate: Nov 1833 Chatham County, NC

Father: Captain George HERNDON (b 1731)

Mother: Sarah WINGFIELD (b abt 1732)
============================================================Children
1 M Reverend Reuben COLE

Birth: abt 1776 NC

Census: 1800 Chatham County, NC

Death: bet 1829-1833
Power of Attorn: 6 Sep 1834 Chatham County, NC

Religion: Methodist

Spouse: Mary
------------------------------------------------------------ 2 M Reverend Isaiah COLE

Birth: bet 1777-1779 Chatham County, NC

Religion: bet 1805-1857 Methodist

Property: 2 Dec 1811 291 acres

Military: bet 1812-1814 Chatham County, NC

Property: 1814 52 acres

Property: 12 Feb 1831 Chatham County, NC

Property: 30 Aug 1833 298 acres

Census: 1840 Chatham County, NC

Property: 14 Apr 1845 Chatham County, NC

Indenture: 2 Oct 1849 Chatham County, NC

Census: 1850 Chatham County, NC

Probate: 6 May 1857 Chatham County, NC

Death: aft 6 May 1857 Chatham County, NC

Spouse: Nancy Lois WILSON (m 9 Sep 1805)
------------------------------------------------------------
3 M John William COLE

Birth: abt 1780 NC

Death: 1848

Spouse: Nancy WHITE (m 6 Mar 1820)

Re: William Cole - Chatham County, NC bef 1824

Posted: 1 Mar 2005 7:03PM GMT
Do you have any information regarding William Cole's middle name? Could it be Richard? My GG granfather was William Ray Cole, Sr., (1823-1892?); married to Jane Parks. I believe his father was Isham Cole (1795-) married to Emily Bussell and I was wondering if Isham's father could be William Richard Cole. Isham and William Ray Sr lived in White County, TN.

Thanks, Jonny

Posted: 17 Mar 2005 4:21PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2005 6:36PM GMT
Surnames: Cole, Owen Herndon, Page, Wyatt, Walker, Taylor, Phillips, Ditmore, Greene, Elster, Matteson, Burdick,LaFevers. Payne,
This is my Cole line, My gggrandmother is Mary H. Cole, Could her middle name be Herndon? or perhaps Hayward? She married my GGGrandfather Robert K. Walker as second wife and my families of Cole, Owen, Walker are shown as intermarried on several occosions. Too Complex to explain here. William Cole that married Elizabeth "Betty " Herndon is in my direct ancestral line. All my research shows William shown above as Samuel M. Cole. I have searched for years to extend this line above Samuel. Some records show wife as Kitty Miller but no confirmation on this. I believe ist is a fact that they moved to NC from Virginia and perhaps before that from Maryland? no proof here. I know that the Owen or Cole family, I have forgotten which one but this can be proved in Chatham Co. because I believe decendents are still in the pottery business. I seems that some of the Coles moved in Orange Co. NC. (Or co. lines changed and still lived in the same place) I am williing to share more and reiieve additional data from any researcher out there. I do know that Daniel Owen Sr and Elizabeth Cole were first cousins. This may raise more questions but I hope this will generate some action on these lines. Also there is inter-marriage between the lines of Wyatt, Page, Cole further up the line and it mae be that when we find out who Samuel Coles' parents are that we can have the rest of recorded cole lineage. WOW that would be great. I am a dilligent researcher. and will not give up on this. I am sure you know of the various variations in the Cole line such as Coal , Cosle, and many more . I hope this helps someone and that they let me know when they find out Vince Elster at elstervince@charter .com My phone is listed and if anyone calls me I can call they back on my toll free line

Posted: 17 Mar 2005 4:25PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2005 6:36PM GMT
Surnames: Royal lines, Wingfield, Porterfield, See previous list.
See my previous post. Some of this Cole line, that is sons of William Cole that married Elizabeth "Betty" Herndon moved to Spartinburg, SC. Vince

Posted: 30 Jul 2006 1:27PM GMT
Surnames: Herndon, Wyatt, Walker, Taylor. Owen, Greene, Elster, and many more. write me!
Add to above post. My e-mail address has changed to agape9@bellsouth.net. It was the Cole line that was and still is (Decendants) in Chatham Co. I have heard and read that they moved south because of the better clay in Chatham Co. area. Now I wishthat I knew what that place of departure is. It seems that they came to Va. but possibly further nmorth before that. I am considering all possibilities andam researchions ALL Cole lines to find the answer. The answeris out there somewhere. Lets share it when it is found I do know that some of the co-lateral lines from the Elizabeth "Betty" Herndopn line leads into other Cole lines. they could be the line we ar rearching for. Also consider the possibility that Pfc William Cole's father was not Samuel and we are relying on tjhat and overlooking the trough line. Don,t forget that there are many ways that they spelled Cole back in the years. Don.t give up" Thanks "v_Elster" That is Vincent Ditmore Elster. Call me Vince.

Posted: 20 Sep 2012 1:52AM GMT
Surnames: Cole, Parks
Please reply to me at rick1547@gmail.com. I have information on your William Ray Cole who married Jane Parks. He was a brother to my ancestor Christopher Columbus Cole and I have information on their parents. My Christopher Columbus Cole was born 1827 in White Co. TN.

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 1:38AM GMT
I am trying to find William Clarence Cole who was born in 1874 and died in 1906 in Durham, NC. I have discovered a William Cole, son of Joseph B and Mary Herndon and am trying to find out if this is my William Cole. I find it interesting that Joseph B. Cole is buried in the O'Kelly cemetery as William Clarence is my great grandfather and his wife was Lugenia (Jennie) Kelley (O'Kelly). This could be a clue but also could just be coincidental. Any suggestions or ideas for my search? Please reply to fandnbailey@gmail.com. Thanks!

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 1:39AM GMT
I am trying to find William Clarence Cole who was born in 1874 and died in 1906 in Durham, NC. I have discovered a William Cole, son of Joseph B and Mary Herndon and am trying to find out if this is my William Cole. I find it interesting that Joseph B. Cole is buried in the O'Kelly cemetery as William Clarence is my great grandfather and his wife was Lugenia (Jennie) Kelley (O'Kelly). This could be a clue but also could just be coincidental. Any suggestions or ideas for my search? Please reply to fandnbailey@gmail.com. Thanks!

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 8:10PM GMT
Surnames: COLE
Tell me more about William Ray Cole's parents and grand parents PLEASE!

Posted: 15 Jan 2013 2:17AM GMT
Surnames: Cole, Tollison, Parks
The William Ray Cole who married Jane Tollison was a brother to my ancestor Christopher Columbus Cole. They were sons of Stephen and Demarias Cole. Stephen Cole born 17 May 1801 in Virginia was son of William Richard Cole. This William Ray Cole died on 30 Dec. 1873 in Pope Co. IL. He was father of several children including Dr. Philander Sylvester Cole of Putnam Co. TN. I am publishing an article on the Cole family which will be in the Oct - Dec 2012 Saga of Southern Illinois.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic