Search for content in message boards

Crawford Piano Company in London

Crawford Piano Company in London

Posted: 2 Aug 2009 5:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone have information about the Crawford Piano Company in London ? When was it founded , by whom . how did it end ..? anything of interest would be appreciated.

Re: Crawford Piano Company in London

Posted: 3 Aug 2009 11:47PM GMT
Surnames: Crawford, Talbot
I have a fair amount of info. on Edgar Seaton Crawford who was married to my 1st cousin 2X removed, Jennie Lenore Talbot on 16 Oct 1904 in London. The following I am coping and pasting from my computer notes on Edgar:
We know that Jennie Talbot married Edgar Crawford, and her father John Talbot died at Edgar's home at 45 Windsor Ave in 1928 in London. Edgar S. (ED) Crawford was a native of Mitchell, Ontario. His fathers name was Cutcher Crawford. Edward lived in London for over 40 years and worked at the Heintzman Piano Company where he was manager, and then ran his own business for 15 years called the Crawford Piano Company. In his later years he worked for Alfred Talbot Printing Company.

At the time of his death they had one daughter Lenore who worked at the London Free Press, a brother Bertram of London, Ontario and a sister Mrs. Louisa ? , of Victoria, B.C. Edward is buried with his wife Jennie at Mt. Pleasant Cem. Section U, Row 1, Stone #2. It appears as though daughter Lenore T. Crawford is also buried at this site.

In the 1911 census (copy on file) District 94, sub dist. 10, page 7 for London Ward 1 it shows Edgar Crawford with wife Jennie and daughter Lenore (age 1) living at 18 Evergreen Street. Edgar is a salesman for the Heintz Piano Store.

I have Edgar's obit along with a photo which is in the London Free Press 5 Jan 1942, page #20 or I can scan and send you a copy. Also have a pic. of his tombstone and house he was living in before he died.

I have additional info. on his brother and sister and his only child Lenore Talbot Crawford which I won't get into in this reply.

Posted: 4 Aug 2009 12:52AM GMT

I appreciate the info you have just sent and look forward to learning more. If you care to email directly ...rwaitec568@rogers.com is fine.

I have info re Ed`s parents and grandparents if you wish to expand your "tree"

Thanks ,
Ruth Waite

Posted: 23 Nov 2012 5:22AM GMT
I might have information on the Crawford Piano Company if you are still interested.

Posted: 23 Nov 2012 2:06PM GMT

Yes , still interested. please send.

rwaitec568@rogers.com

Posted: 23 Nov 2012 4:06PM GMT
I will try and send later today or tomorrow. Are you related?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions