Search for content in message boards

Browning Cemetery

Browning Cemetery

Posted: 25 May 2010 1:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone have a list of people buried in the Browning Cemetery. I am searching for a death date for Mary Ellen Browning Jones. I found Charles lee Jones death certificate and he died in 1948 and is buried in the Browning Cemetery

Re: Browning Cemetery

Posted: 29 May 2010 4:39PM GMT
Surnames: Browning, Thomas,Miller
Mary Ellen would be my great aunt. My grandmother was her sister Helen(lula) Browning Miller. The Browning cemetery along with the 80+ acres is still in our family. Mary Ellen' parents Daniel and Rebecca Browning are buried there. Lula, her sister and Lula's husband Fred are there also. A brother Henry is there. A half brother Felix that died in the 1870's as an infant is also buried there. The cemetery is in good condition and is well maintained. There are some Thomas family burials and many unmarked burials in the cemetery. I am trying to learn what happened to John and Lucinda Browning (Mary Ellens Grandparents). It is a family mystery. They homesteaded this property with a land grant in 1853. They "dissappeared" and my Great Grandfather Daniel Browning (Mary Ellens' Father) became owner of the homestead and raised his family there. He was one of 17 children from John and Lucinda. Any information you have would be appreciated.

Posted: 25 Jul 2010 3:08AM GMT
Surnames: Thomas
Do you have a list of the names in the Thomas family that are buried there...Thanks. Maebelle

Posted: 25 Jul 2010 11:43AM GMT
I will be going up there this fall and will get you a list. I believe I have a copy of the widow's pension application in my file. I will look it up. The Cemetery is on John Browning's land. He married Lucinda Thoms is Harlan county in 1843. He settled in 1853 in Perry, now leslie county. We are not quite sure the relationships of the Thomas' in the cemetery to the Bronings at this point. John's son Daniel inherited the land from John in the 1880's and if my memory is correct has a signature on Ms. Thomas' pension application.

Posted: 25 Jul 2010 1:11PM GMT
No I only have my family that is buried there. If you will e-mail me privately and send me the names of who you have I will look them up for you

Mary mebishop1@windstream.net

Posted: 25 Jul 2010 3:37PM GMT
Thank you, I will do...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions