Search for content in message boards

Obituaries?

Obituaries?

Posted: 22 Dec 2012 4:30AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Where would be a great source to write to to try and obtain an obituary for someone who died in Berrien County. The person whose obituary I am interested in died in 1926. Any and all help in this matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks for everything.

Re: Obituaries?

Posted: 23 Dec 2012 6:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Need a little more info? Do you know where in Berrien County the person lived/buried? What is the name?

The Niles library obit index is online http://www.imagemakerwebdesign.com/obituary/obituary_index.c...
and they have most of the papers from the south part of Berrien County going back to 1836. If you find it there, I would be happy to look for it or the library staff will do it if you call there? (The library is closed til Jan. 2)

We have also posted more than 4000 of the obits for folks buried in Silverbrook cemetery in Niles www.friendsofsilverbrook.org. If they are in Silverbrook and an obit is not yet posted, please let me know as this is a work in progress.

If your person was in the Northern part of Berrien county, the historic newspaper collection on Ancestry.com does have some years of the Herald Press (St. Joseph) and News Palladium (Benton Harbor) in that database?

Re: Obituaries?

Posted: 23 Dec 2012 9:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you for geting back with me in regards to this matter. From what I can see most of my people died in the Benton Harbor area of Berrien County. So it looks like I will need to see if any of the papers you mention at ancestry.com will have what I am looking for. Thank you for all your help in this matter.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions