Search for content in message boards

Medley SHELTON family of Carroll co KY

Medley SHELTON family of Carroll co KY

Posted: 5 Aug 2001 6:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Feb 2003 8:27PM GMT
Surnames: Shelton, Chadwell, Whitehead, Blessing, Ward, Craig, Tandy, Bledsoe, Collins
I am researching Medley SHELTON (born 1762 in Middlesex County VA, son of Reuben and Mary (Medley) SHELTON, died 1839 in Carroll co KY). He was a Revolutionary War Vet who lived in Culpeper co VA, Scott co KY, Gallatin co KY and Carroll co KY. His wife was Elizabeth WARD (
dau of Jacob Ward). Their children were Jacob W SHELTON (born 1794, married
Mary TANDY, left for Jefferson co IA in 1835), Ann SHELTON (married
Zachariah BLEDSOE and George COLLINS), Mary (married William WHITEHEAD
and Jacob BLESSING), John B Shelton (married Malinda CRAIG, left also
for Jefferson co IA but ended up in Knox co MO) and Medley Jr (married
Nancy CHADWELL, also ended up in MO).
If you would like to exchange information, please contact me at my email address below.
Thanks

Pam Shelton-Anderson
pshelton@aros.net

Re: Medley SHELTON family of Carroll co KY

Posted: 5 Jul 2002 8:30PM GMT
I'm descended from William Whitehead of Mecklenburg County, VA and Carroll County, KY. I would be pleased to share what information I have.

Posted: 6 Jul 2002 9:11PM GMT
Edited: 15 Feb 2003 8:27PM GMT
David
Thanks for writing about Whitehead. My interest would be in citations for the parents of the William Whitehead that married Mary Shelton and information on their children. I have traced down Greenup Whitehead fairly completely, but need information on what happened to the children of John S Whitehead. I have a lot of info on Ann Jenetta Whitehead Brown and her children, but have been unable to find what happened to Elizabeth Whitehead and her husband Charles Sanders. If you have any information on them, you can email me at pshelton@aros.net
Pam Shelton-Anderson

Posted: 13 Feb 2012 9:06PM GMT
Surnames: Shelton Kitchen Craig
I am hoping you might be able to help me. I am looking for information on John B Shelton, one of Medley Shelton's sons. I have been looking at him as a possible father of an ancestor I have had alot of difficulty tracking down. I have seen on many trees that the person I am trying to attach to him is not listed in any of them, but I can also see there are several boys that he had in the 1830 census that are unaccounted for. I was curious as to whether you may have any information on John B. The man who's father I am looking for is Preston Lawrence Shelton. He was born ca. 1820 in Kentucky, not sure where, and was married in Owen county in 1843 to Sarah Elizabeth Kitchen. He had several children born in Gallatin county. Preston's death certificate is non existent, there are two things I have to go on one is his marriage bond, which listed a John Shelton as the second person to guarantee the bond. The second is all the Census records for Preston say his father was from Virginia, which would be right for John, and his mother from Kentucky, which would be right for Malinda Craig. It's a leap, but it's all I have right now. :)

If you do have any information, it would be greatly appreciated if you would share it with me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic