Search for content in message boards

Noble family in Dobbs/Lenoir NC late 1790's

Noble family in Dobbs/Lenoir NC late 1790's

Posted: 16 Apr 2013 6:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Noble, Kinsey, Brown, Brock, Herring, Boyette, Howard
Looking for anyone who is searching or studying the Noble family who came to Dobbs Co. now Lenoir NC in the 1760's. Lived on Trent River near Noble's Mill. Married into: Kinsey, Brown, Brock, Herring, Boyette, and Howard families.

May have spread into Jones and surrounding counties.

Would like to exchange info, and how they migrated out of NC to Ga etc.

Please reply to post or email directly! Thanks.

Re: Noble family in Dobbs/Lenoir NC late 1790's

Posted: 27 Apr 2013 2:55AM GMT
I am doing research on Coleman Noble, born in Virginia, around 1845. He had a son named Amos Kinsey Noble, and he was my great great grandfather. I have information that they are connected to Richard Noble, in Lenoir County, N.C. Please contact me at eaglesix30606@yahoo.com!

Posted: 28 Apr 2013 8:35PM GMT
Dobbs county 1769 & 1780 tax list show George Noble & Philemon Noble.

Posted: 28 Apr 2013 10:29PM GMT
Surnames: Noble
Thanks, I am unfamiliar with the 1780 tax list!

Posted: 2 May 2013 5:40PM GMT
Surnames: MUNDINE
There's 2 Philemon Noble about same age..North Carolina Philemon Noble, estate records, was filed in Lenior county NC July court 1782, wife Phileanea & 8 children not named..Later records show 7 of the children were Lewis, Jeremiah, Enoch, John, Susanah, Broddock & Richard Noble. Son Richard was executor of distributing Philemon's estate in 1798 & 1822..I don't think this is the same Philemon, of Maryland,son of Robert Noble of Maryland, but must be related some how?! The name Philemon isn't very common & seem to run in part of the Noble family line.. Robert Noble died 1733 Talbott County Maryland names children Philemon, George, Robert, Nehemiah & Frances(married Henry Down)I do find a Philemon Noble who died in Warwick Maryland 22,Sept 1778, wife Margaret. Proved 10 Nov 1778 page 84 Cecil County Maryland Will Book 1777-1810. Original records might show more detail.

Posted: 2 May 2013 5:44PM GMT
How does Howard family connect to the Nobles?

Posted: 3 May 2013 12:52AM GMT
Surnames: Noble
I am familiar with most of this info but can add that the Philemon who died in Warick, Cecil Co. MD had an infant that is mentioned in his 1778 will. I just recieved a hard copy! So I doubt that this is the Philemon, son of Robert. I really think that there are two Noble lines that lived north and south of the Trent River in now Lenoir NC. I have a family note that says Richard and Philemon are first cousins but I don't know which ones. There is also a Philemon Noble on the 1800 census of Lenoir b. 1775-1784 with 2 small males. It is possible that Philemon Noble b. 1795 in Lenoir, (that I study) is a son. I have another family note that Philemon b. 1795 is a Jr. There is also a George in Dobbs/Lenoir whom I think is related to Philemon b. 1775-1784.

Posted: 3 May 2013 12:56AM GMT
Surnames: Noble, Howard, Kinsey
I have a side note that says Polly Ann Noble b. 1810 d. 1850 was married to Samuel Howard. She was the daughter of Richard Noble II and probably Mary Ann Kinsey. Richard may have married the second time his half sister, Mary Ann or Mariam Kinsey. I do not have a source for the marriage at the moment.

Posted: 3 May 2013 12:57AM GMT
Surnames: Noble, Howard, Kinsey
I have a side note that says Polly Ann Noble b. 1810 d. 1850 was married to Samuel Howard who lived near by. She was the daughter of Richard Noble II and probably Mary Ann Kinsey. Richard may have married the second time his half sister, Mary Ann or Mariam Kinsey. I do not have a source for the marriage at the moment.

Posted: 5 May 2013 7:31PM GMT
Surnames: Nobles/West/Rhodes
My George Nobles, b. ca 1765? married Patsy Davis b. 1786-d. 1860?, Listed in the 1860 Census, age 74 living with Nancy Whitee & husband (possibly a daughter or grandaughter) their children according to bible records were:
1)Osborn Nobles b. ca. 1806
2)Patsy Jane Nobles, b. 1807, d. after 1870 married Jacob Taylor
children: Winifred Taylor, Zilphia Taylor, Jacob & Wm. Bryan Taylor
3)Richard H. Nobles, b. 1809, d. Scott Co., Missouri m. Alice
4) Winifred Nobles, b. 10 April 1810-d. April 1872, Jones or Lenoir Co., NC
married Rev. James J. Rhodes, my great great great grandparents
5) William A. Nobles, b. 1811-d. 1860-1862, married Elizabeth West & moved to Craighead Co., ARK.
6) Zilphia L. Nobles, b. 1810-d. Aug. 1880 married Needham West & moved to Craighead Co., ARK

These Nobles, especially George are hard to find info on. Will be glad to help if I can.
Sloan
slomas7@comcast.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions