Search for content in message boards

Farris/Pharis BEGLEY & Mary Polly MOORE

Farris/Pharis BEGLEY & Mary Polly MOORE

Posted: 2 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 11:11PM GMT
Surnames: BEGLEY, MOORE, COMBS, CLEVENGER
Mary Polly Moore, d/o Isaac Moore, Jr., and Mary Clevenger married Pharis or Farris Begley, s/o Elijah Begley and Mary Combs on 9/1/1890 in Dickenson Co. VA. I don't find them on the census there or near any other members of either of their families in 1900. Can anyone give me a clue as to where they went, or if they died? Children?

Pharis Begley/brother of Nannie Begley, teacher

Posted: 27 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 11:11PM GMT
Surnames: Begley, Moore
Since my last post, I've learned that Pharis Begley was a brother of Dickenson Co. school teacher Nannie Begley, and Wise(?) Co. Judge Begley. I've alos learned that he shows up in Lewis Co. WA death records of 1912. I've learned that the family went there by wagon train in the mid 1890s, and that he had a daughter Flora by the first wife. STILL no trace of Polly Moore though. If you have any information, even a crumb, please write. It might be just what I need!

Re: Pharis Begley/brother of Nannie Begley, teacher

Posted: 28 Mar 2008 7:53PM GMT
Surnames: Begley, Combs, Cornett, Benge et al
Hello,
Judge William E Begley was my grandfather. He died in Laurel Co, KY 1947. I'm working on a family history book and would like to collaborate with relatives. Would you be interested in sharing information? I'm fascinated with the wagon train report in your message.
Thanks, Doug Begley
Lexington KY
dougb@QX.net

Re: Pharis Begley/brother of Nannie Begley, teacher

Posted: 22 Apr 2009 9:54PM GMT
Surnames: BEGLEY, MOORE
Joyce,
Haven't researched the Begley family but can tell you according to Dickenson Co, VA marriage records, Mary 'Polly' Moore, age 27 S, b. Pike Co, Ky, parents: I & P. Moore (Isaac 2d & Mary 'Polly' Clevinger Moore). He was age 34, Wd, b. Perry Co, KY, son of E.& M. Begley. They married (or obtained a license) on 1 Sep 1890.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions