Search for content in message boards

Looking for Batchelder ancestry

Looking for Batchelder ancestry

Posted: 25 Feb 2008 4:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Batchelder
Looking for my maiden surname (Batchelder) comes from. Fathers name is Micky, grandfather's name is David and that is all I know. My Mother's genology is clear but I know almost nothing about my Father's. I'm new to geneology searches but I am finding a lot about Batchelders, so much in fact that I'm almost as lost as when I started. Would love some help. Thanks

Re: Looking for Batchelder ancestry

Posted: 25 Feb 2008 9:31PM GMT
We need more information about dates and locations to be able to help you. My ancestor Stephen Batchelder came to the colonies and founded Hampton, New Hampshire so the name has been here a long time. One place to start is with tombstone records, obituaries, and death certificates. Once you get to dates before 1930 you can start looking in published records such as census records.

Ted

Posted: 25 Feb 2008 10:39PM GMT
You might try the Essex CO., MA web site MAESSEX@rootsweb.net Batchelders of a variety of spellings came to Salem, MA, Beverly, MA and other North Shore towns and cities in the early waves of immigration here. So you might want to look at that site as well as the Batchelder site you have reached. Donald W. Beattie in Winthrop, ME with some Batchelder ancestors from the Bevelry, MA area. I am at nacelod@aol.com

Posted: 18 Apr 2008 11:34PM GMT
My branch of the Batchelder family is in Michigan, please feel free to contact me if this is the branch of the family you are looking for. FYI my maiden name is Batchelder

Posted: 19 Apr 2008 6:03AM GMT
Surnames: BATCHELDER
I have a lot of BATCHELDER gedcoms info to send , no fee, to anyone who wants one.. contact Robert J Mander in AZ

Posted: 19 Apr 2008 1:15PM GMT
Robert, I would be glad to have your information on the Batchelder families. I am particularly interested in those who were located in MA in the early 1800's. Please contact me. Pat Gilles, sp.gilles@comcast.net

Posted: 30 Apr 2008 1:55AM GMT
My Grandmother was a direct descendant of Rev. Stephen Bachilor (Batchelder) who founded the town of Hampton N. H. I would be very happy to share my information about the Batchelders and possibly find your father's forefathers. Fortunenately my Father had done most of the leg work back in the 50's and 60's so I don't feel like Im up a creek without a paddle. There is lots of information out there.

Posted: 4 May 2008 9:37PM GMT
do you know the state or city they are from ck your mothers
birth record get your grandparnts names and place they lived at time of birth ck the city directory for that period
my batchelder comes from my mothers side also they started in nh and beverly mass has a whole book on them

Posted: 4 May 2008 9:41PM GMT
believe my batchelders are on the same side
John J. Batchelder Prov. RI 2/1/1892 grandfather
charles eugene batchelder b 6-5-1855

Posted: 4 May 2008 9:43PM GMT
i would love to see what you have how do i contact you?
my email is irish52@cox.net.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions