Search for content in message boards

kalchik, kalcak, kroupa, zoulek

kalchik, kalcak, kroupa, zoulek

Posted: 22 Jun 2002 4:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Help!! I am looking for information of John and Catherine Kalcak (Kalchik) Leopold and Petrinella Kroupa and Anna Zoulek. Anna Zoulec was born in Smolec, Bohemia, in 1849.
I know that Leopold and Petrinella Kroupa were listed as Austrian in the 1870 census in Michigan. John and Catherine Kalcak (or as I know it currently is Kalchik) was listed in the 1870 Michigan census as Bohemian. I am at a brick wall. Is there any information out there of them in Bohemia or USA. Any relatives out there? Thanks!!

Re: kalchik, kalcak, kroupa, zoulek

Zlatica Beca (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jul 2002 2:01AM GMT
The Czech Republic atlas is not listing a town named Smolec.
http://mapy.atlas.cz
there is a Bechyn'ska Smolec' which is North of Ceske Budejovice and/or closer to or East of Bechyne. There is also a Pisecka Smolec' which is East of the city of Pisek.
The Czech Republic's phone book is at http://phone.quick.cz
the there are two listings for the name KALCIK, KROUPA, and ZOULIK in the city of Pisek's phone book.
Most likely some family in Pisek
For ancestral information you will have to contact the Czech Republic's archive that handles the region that the village is in.www.csagsi.org
www.cgsi.org
http://mesta.obce.cz

Roger Harnack (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2002 9:30AM GMT
Sandi,

If you're a descendant of the Zoulek-Kroupa-Kalchik family, you must be related to my wife. All of the names you mention line up in her family tree, but we've not gotten very far, yet. We'd be glad to share with you what little we have, if you're willing to do the same.

Posted: 14 Aug 2002 2:25AM GMT
Edited: 30 May 2003 3:05PM GMT
Hello!! Please send am email to me and let me know where you are from. I am from Michigan!

SANDI
sdg743@aol.com

Posted: 19 Oct 2002 10:46AM GMT
I have this line of Zoulek's back to the 1650's from Smolec, Bohemia. Also a little on Kroupa family. Contact me at BURGERPAT@aol.com.

Posted: 19 Oct 2002 10:49AM GMT
If your wife is from this line I'd like to connect her to my existing Zoulek tree, which goes back to 1650 in Bohemia.

Posted: 23 Jun 2003 1:04AM GMT
Edited: 30 May 2004 1:40AM GMT
Surnames: Kalchik
Sandi,

I'm in Washington, D.C. for a few weeks doing research on the Kalchik family (my wife's a direct descendant of John and Catherine). I've hand written down each of the censuses from 1870 to 1930 with all the Kalchik information reported. If I can help you out, let me know. In the meantime, I need information on their immigration such as the ports of departure and arrival, and the ship they came on. If you can provide that, I may be able to get copies of the ship manifest and other immigration info.

sandi (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2003 5:36PM GMT
My mom is the great granddaughter of John and Catherine. This is the problem that I am running into. In the 1870 census, the name is spelled...Kalkak. Is that the true spelling? Is that the way the census taker wrote it? I cannot find any information about the Kalchik family. NOTHING!! I am SO frustruated. SO....if you have any luck, please let me know!! I wish you all the luck!!!

Thanks...

SANDI

Posted: 26 Jun 2003 1:12AM GMT
Edited: 30 May 2004 1:40AM GMT
I've personally copied all the Kalchik census data from 1870 to 1930 by hand. The census takers spelled the name as best as they could, which resulted in a variety of spellings. In 1870, it was spelled Kalcak, 1880 Kolsik, 1900-1910 Kalchik, 1920 Kalchik and Kelchik, and in 1930 it was back to Kalchik. My wife's great-great-grandparents are John and Catherine Kalchik. I have all the descendant information from John and "Kate." I'll be glad to send you what we have.

Posted: 30 Mar 2004 7:41AM GMT
Surnames: kalchik, kalcak, kroupa, zoulek
My dad is a Kalchik and grew up in Michigan. His grandparents were John and Catherine Kalchik as far as I can tell. Do you have any information on this line? Also the Kroupa line is in there.

Mark
per page

Find a board about a specific topic